Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9/11

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife and 2 daughters. Industrial, metal and goth music. Hockey and football.
I was a Marine for 4 years, so I was ready to give the ultimate sacrifice. Those of you that have lost loved ones in war and/or tragedy, this post is for you. My show has been nothing but aggresive music and the voice of one pissed off former Marine with two young daughters that I have to raise in this God forsaken world. COMMENTS???

AshKa

AshKa

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 12 posts
My Daughter turns 12 this year.
On Sept. 11
She was IN NY one week before 9/11
And yes,visited the WTC.
My God! I was in tears thinking,what if that happened just a week earlier?
Or she visited a week later?

I cry for the ones who were lost.
I cry for the one's who lost those they loved.
I cry for the Firemen,who risked and gaved thier lives so that others may live.
This is a scar on America that will last decades.
Though I did not personally know anyone lost in 9/11 I do know a few who worked in ER or in rescue.
These people will -never- forget that horror.
Nor will we.

So yeah....We cry....and I don't care who knows.
And yeah,I often wonder,what kind of world did I bring my two children into.
But you know what....We're a pretty damned good country.We found out through 9/11 that yeah....we can all come together as a country.Reguardless of race,gender or beliefs.
I think we'll pull out of this,it'll just take time.

-AshKa-

XTC Fetus

XTC Fetus

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
I was lucky enough that I did not lose anyone in 9/11 or in the war in Iraq. My brother is in the Navy Reserves somewhere in Maine now, and a friend of mine is in the National Guard who is in Iraq now. I haven't heard updates from either of them yet, though I do pray for their safety. I may not have lost anyone I knew personally in this horrible conflict, but I know plenty of people who have. I am still an angry individual over all that has happened. I watch as friends and family suffer over the loss of their loved ones, I watch as my friends suffer under those who feel like placing the faces of the killers of 9/11 on their bodies just because of their skin color and/or religion. Why do humans have to be so stupid? In my ideal world, everyone would get along, there wouldn't be bodies littering the streets like discarded tissue papers, or blood flowing like rivers down the drains. I have so much to say on this, but I have no idea where to start... I want the heads of those that decided to run airplanes through the buildings filled with innocents. They only killed them because the people inside were Americans. They didn't know if they were good fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, friends, or good people in general. It was a massacre. I want to see where it is stated in the Quran or Bible where it says it's ok to slaughter those based on where they were born. I can understand the hatred one would feel when someone kills their brethern, but you don't solve it by doing a mass amount of killing to individuals that had NOTHING to do with it. Not that I am promoting killing here... I am just saying, if Bob here came and murdered my family, I wouldn't destroy the place where he worked not knowing if he was even there that day. As much as I want revenge, I believe that the killers of 9/11 will get theirs in the end. I do not believe they will end up in some paradise with ten virgins when their time comes, even when they believe they will. I remember when I was in my International Relations class last year, there was a segment on an Iraqi woman who had lost family members in a raid led by the Americans. Since then, she helped out terrorist groups as much as she could aimed at hurting any type of American. She said when 9/11 happened, she cried with tears of joy. How can anyone do that...? I mean, I can understand her hatred, but it wasn't the people in those buildings that took the life of her family memebers. I wouldn't wish ill will against an entire country when it was some of the government officals that were the cause of my grief... I hate hearing the demise of our soldiers in other countries, but I also hate hearing the deaths of so many innocents. I believe in our troops, they are dieing so we can sleep safely at night. I may not agree with their reasons for being in certain places because our government wants them to take certain actions, but I still believe in those who fight for what's right. Unfortunately, the Taliban, Al-Qidea <sp?>, and similar terrorist groups believe in the exact same thing. They believe they are fighting for what's right. Which makes people thing, "What is right?" They believe they are killing greedy, immoral people by attacking our way of life. We believe we are right by defending ourselves and getting them back. I don't believe the U.S. does what is right all the time, but I do know there are people in our armies that are fighting and dieing to perserve peace and our rights. It's a messed up, complicated cycle that is going to be filled with death and heartache. I have rambled and ranted so much, I don't even know if my point is getting across... I was listening to Vidimir's rants and I got all wound up and wanted to rant myself. And so, now that you have heard my bitching, I am gonna shut the trap and let someone else talk now. B)

Court

Court

I Am The Law!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:this, yea, i LOVE DJing its so fun! and its nice to show everyone some real tunes!
Yes, your very own DJ Court's husband is in Iraq now as we speak, and nothing pisses me off more then when ignorant assholes ask me "What is he doing over there? I thought the war is over?" No words could express how proud I am of him, and how thankful I am for everyone who ever served. My father and grandfather are retired navy, my cousin is a Marine, Husband is AF....patriotism and military are in my bloodline...I weep for those lost and their families. I weep when I hear the national anthem played at every event, I squawl uncontrollably at the sound of Taps...Vidimir, I to cry, and I am proud of my tears!

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife and 2 daughters. Industrial, metal and goth music. Hockey and football.
Let it out people. All of us here at Second Shifters feel for you. If I wasn't married with kids I swear I'd re-enlist and go back in. I have nothing but poison on my tongue and looking for someone to spit it at.

PSYKO

PSYKO

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 95 posts
It will be exactly 2 years ago tomorrow, September 12th, that I first visited my recruiter. I am now USAF active duty, stationed in Okinawa, Japan. I am scheduled to go to Iraq for AEF 7, which will most likely be in November or December....
Its only kinky the first time....

People are stupid. We should throw rocks at them.

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 53 posts
Psyko we are with you bro, you know that to be fact.

Spider

Spider

The Forum Idiot

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:IM me and we will chat.
I feel for ya man. My best friend almsot went there, he was pissed when he found out his squaron wasent going.. but in a way selfishly, i admit, im glad he didnt go.. hes been there for me.. seems like for fucking ever. He wanted to go to help serve. In my eyes, he is a hero already.
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
-Wiccan's Rede

Court

Court

I Am The Law!

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:this, yea, i LOVE DJing its so fun! and its nice to show everyone some real tunes!
what field are you in? Glen's a crew chief on the A-10's he's in the 23amx for the 74th Flying Tigers stationed out of Pope AFB, in Fayettenam, NC. He's over there now, comes home in November or December...stay safe when you head over, keep your eye on your 6. Air Power! Hoorah!

Spider

Spider

The Forum Idiot

• Members
  • 128 posts
im havin thoughts of joinin the Nat'l Guard
-Wiccan's Rede

Court

Court

I Am The Law!

• Members
  • 262 posts

im havin thoughts of joinin the Nat'l Guard

go for it, nothing will explain the experience you gain out of the military, nothing. If I stayed on track with what I was going to do, I would be getting commissioned next yr and hopefully landing a pilot slot on a fighter. But after meeting glen, I decided we wouldnt be seeing much of each other if I went through with it. So I went with my second love...the medical field, and now im studyin to be a nurse. I absolutly loved growing up in a military family and I loved my ROTC experience in college.
Water was in the AF- she was a weapons troop if I'm not mistaken. and hell military...war...what better way to vent your anger? lmao.

Spider

Spider

The Forum Idiot

• Members
  • 128 posts
i was in CAP for a while and lived on an AFB for a couple of years with my Sister so..
-Wiccan's Rede

PanDora

PanDora

#1 Shifters Whore

• Members
  • 233 posts
I wonder how many people did that...went and enlisted on September 12th two years ago.
-Proud member of the AHCC.

I have an "'I RULE THE WORLD AND YOU CAN SUCK MY ANUS!" sticker, compliments of the Countess. Fear me.

...but you don't have to suck my anus; complete submission will suffice.

PSYKO

PSYKO

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 95 posts

what field are you in? Glen's a crew chief on the A-10's he's in the 23amx for the 74th Flying Tigers stationed out of Pope AFB, in Fayettenam, NC. He's over there now, comes home in November or December...stay safe when you head over, keep your eye on your 6. Air Power! Hoorah!

Hey, thats the city i grew up in!!! maybe i'll run into you sometime when i'm home on leave...*just look for a black lifted chevy s-10 with PSYCHO MOTORSPORTS across the windshield* :P i dont have the most glamorous job in the AF...i'm just a computer tech...ppl call me when they break their computer...but i guess everyone has their place in the mission...anyways, thanks to everyone for your support, and hopefully i'll be able to get an internet connection over there so i can stay in touch with you guys :)
Its only kinky the first time....

People are stupid. We should throw rocks at them.

Court

Court

I Am The Law!

• Members
  • 262 posts

Hey, thats the city i grew up in!!! maybe i'll run into you sometime when i'm home on leave...*just look for a black lifted chevy s-10 with PSYCHO MOTORSPORTS across the windshield* :P i dont have the most glamorous job in the AF...i'm just a computer tech...ppl call me when they break their computer...but i guess everyone has their place in the mission...anyways, thanks to everyone for your support, and hopefully i'll be able to get an internet connection over there so i can stay in touch with you guys :)

I feel for you, growing up in Fayettenam....*sigh* its the ghetto. Lol....I worked at Cumberland Animal Hospital off Pamalee drive while I lived there. Glen went to Iraq and I moved home with my dad, he gets out when he gets back and we're going to live in charlotte while he goes to school and gets comissioned, if he goes back in. He's getting kind of tired of the trips and time apart. So your a computer tech huh? Glen wants that job lmao. Being a grease monkey isn't exactly flattering either, but with out him, the birds wouldn't fly and without computer techs there would be broken 'boxes' each job in the military is important, with out one, there would be a domino effect and everybody would fail. Keep an eye out for a black mustang GT liscense plate 'woanelly' when you head back to Fay lol that'll us or me...or him if I let him drive it lmao.

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 53 posts
Recruiting stations always get a huge influx during times of war and/or conflict.

The military did wonders for me. Gave me the discipline, self-confidence, leadership skills, etc. I wouldn't be as successful today without having joined the Marines. Saw many places, met incredible people from other countires and made some of the best friends you can have. When you put your life in someone else's hands and ask them to do the same for you, that's a golden friendship.

Spider

Spider

The Forum Idiot

• Members
  • 128 posts
et tu, Vidimir
-Wiccan's Rede

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 53 posts
Yep 90-94

Armand

Armand

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 229 posts
...I will not pretend to know how you feel people...I didn't loose anyone on 9/11...I am not an american...but I felt sorry for what happened that day...hopefuly...that won't happen again...too many innocent people were killed...

Celeste

Celeste

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Anything really, hanging around with friends, going to clubs, playing pool, listening to music, reading, movies, dancing, smoking, playing some sports, etc..
I didn't lose anyone on 9/11 which I am thankful for.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users