Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Seeking advice.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 posts
Dear everyone.

My name is Protocol, welcome to the Secondshifters forum.

On this forum, you can talk about anything. If something is bothering you, start a topic and feel free to talk about something that bothers you.

Here you are anonymous and you can speak your mind. Here everyone is equal, no one is better than you, If you browse around any of the topics you see, you will see what others have said, and the replies they have gotten. There are many examples to choose from.

Ok, that is what I am supposed to say.

On some of these topics you will see some of my replies to people, where I have tried to help, and where I have given my opinion. Please remember, that when you post your thoughts, you are asking for people to consider what you have said, and for them to tell YOU what they think of your topic.

Not everyone is going to agree with you, and not everyone is going to share your point of view. Please do not be offended by anything, that anyone says. Don't be offended because each viewpoint is important, even if it does not agree with yours.

Those differing viewpoints are important because if you sit back for a moment, and you see the world through their eyes, you may just learn something about yourself, or learn something new about the topic you began.

Not everyone who posts on this forum will tell the truth. That is sad but true. Some people will even lie, and they do so because they want to. That is life. People are different, and many people amuse themselves in ways we cannot easily understand.

Speaking your thoughts, is not an easy thing. Everyone here understands that. Take your time, and think about what you want to say. You have no time limits, and you don't need to be formal here, or to worry about what you are saying. Slow down, think of what's bothering you... Start a topic, and type away. When you are done... Read it back to yourself. Ask yourself if you have said all you want to say... You may want to add more, or you may wish to change your post before you begin your topic. Remember, other people are going to be reading your words, and if they don't understand something you have said they will question you. Try to read your own topic as if you were new to the situation and place yourself in their shoes. They don't know you, so the topic you will begin will have to make sense to them...

Once they have read this, and they understand, many people will reply to you. Everyone will try to be civil and honest. If someone is unkind to you, others will speak to them, you are not alone. Always remember that.

Even if you think you are alone, just beginning a topic and posting your thoughts is reaching out a hand and making a connection. When other people read your thoughts and reply they extend their own hand in return to you, and the connection becomes stronger.

You are not alone. Remember that, and say what you wish. No one judges you. Everyone is human, and no one is perfect.

My best regards.

Protocol.

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

Friends don't let friends kill people.?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:HvZ, nerf guns, graduating college, Islam, music, concerts, things.
*nods in accord*
Another thing to add is that if you have something to say to one member alone, please PM them. Whether it be they have given you sound advice and you want to thank them, or that they have offended you and/or misunderstood you and you want to clarify that -please do so in a PM. If you don't you are addressing the issue to the entire site and all replies are going to be highly opinionated and some may lead to a word fight. If you as a member who seeks advice don't want that to happen, then don't let it happen.
I will try and help those that I can, those that I cannnot, I won't reply to. I'd encourage the rest of the members to do the same for two reasons: To ensure that the topic starter recieves sound advice and to help prohibit the spam.
I know you will all understand.

darkest wishes,
n_joy_n_sorrow
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny
"touching, informative, inspirational, secondshifters"

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
this post has nothing to do with guidelines for those seeking advice...(please don't beat me, water!)

this thread is called 'seeking advice'....
many a time i have been the one seeking the collective wisdom of the forum-goers who frequent this site... :unsure:

i want to say thank you all...
many of you have helped me to help myself...
with a range of problems...
i wish to convey my deepest gratitude towards those who took the time to answer my posts in this forum...
you've all helped me so much...more than you or i could think possible...

thank you!.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users