Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Us and them.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 posts
Ah... Ok I will attract MUCH heat for this topic. You may feel free to flame me, insult me, speak about my personality, my likes and dislikes, and anything derogatory about me that you wish.

Why did I say the above? Because you will probably need to do any of those things listed above once you read and get to this end of this topic.

I've been a member of this forum for a short while. I find it interesting, and a place where I can speak and talk to others. As forums go it's off the beaten path because it exists as a gathering place for listeners of an internet radio station.

This forum exists for everyone, and everyone can find a voice here.

We all have a preference for those things that we like and enjoy and of course we will also encounter things that we do not like. It's a big world, and a varied people who inhabit this world.

But lately I find myself running across many things I do not like. So, on this forum which I enjoy I find my voice and speak up about it.

What don't I like? I'm SO GLAD you asked.

I don't like people who ask: Aref Vampires are real? Are they freaking serious? What the hell is wrong with you? The internet exists because intelligent people wanted to find ways to communicate. So they created an awe inspiring network that stretches across the world. WOW! That's fantastic. Most people wander the internet and talk and play and that's fantastic, but there's a new breed of people who don't appreciate the wonder of the very thing that they use with astonishing regularity. They treat this miracle of ingenuity with this mundane boredom, and then ask questions like: Do vampires exist? You have got to be freaking yanking my chain. I swear to God. Do you read what you type, and then think people take you seriously? Do you need to ask the same question over and over in more than one topic? When someone replies to you, where the hell are you good manners to at least say thanks. Or show some acknowledgement that you read what was said to you? Please, get a life! You need one, and it will do you much good! Honest.

What else don't I like? Well if you're still reading this topic then you clearly want to know. GOOD! Sit right there. I'll tell you what else I do not like. I do not like people saying crap like: Sexors you, and lix you all over. WHAT the hell are you on? Smoking something interesting? Injecting some pretty coloured substance into a major artery are you? Are you supposed to be funny, or is that some way of being titillating? You look MORONIC, and that so called visual play is not endearing to anyone. It's false emotion. You don't know the person you are supposedly playing with from Adam. It's lies, and I can't believe you take yourself seriously. Next time you have the opportunity to go home from the local asylum>? Don't take the weekend pass. Sign yourself up for a snug fitting padded jacket with those cute extra long sleeves, and ask for another bowl of jello. It will do you more good than whatever psychotropic substance you're currently injesting.

Ah, you are having fun too? Good. Let's continue. What else don't I like? I don't like people who continually say how they like to cut themselves, or perform self mutilation. You know who you are. If you are one of those people, then you are already aware that it's not normal to do those things.

Many people who SAY they do these things are telling MASSIVE PORKIES. (In other words they are pathological liars.) This is a plea for attention and some form of attempt to solicit sympathy. My God why don't you juts ask for someone to give you attention and be honest! Don't say you are mentally ill and you like to cut yourself, you will NOT be taken seriously. People with that affliction don't talk so GLIBLY about something so serious to them, and EACH and EVERY TIME you say such stupid things (Those people that lie) you DETRACT from the importance of someone else who is actually having that very problem.

*sigh*

This is where I stop, for the moment. Feel free to reply. You have a voice, I'll do the same in due course.

Protocol.

Hellcat

Hellcat

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 0 posts

I do not like people saying crap like: Sexors you, and lix you all over.

This irritates me to no end as well, also. It's also a big part of why I don't come here as often as I would like. Y'all wanna lick and fuck? Get a private room. *I* don't want to read about it.

I like the advice forum also. But, as Proto pointed out, 99% of the time the rest of us can tell when people are attention seeking (see the death thread by golgotha_29) versus those that are legitamately seeking input (see thread started by mordantliquor). STOP IT!! Posted Image

Tormented-Silence

Tormented-Silence

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 78 posts
That post must have been really something of a stress relever for you protocol.
I agree with alot of what you wrought though, It gets really annoying when someone keeps saying over and over that they like to cut their palms with razor blades.

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

Friends don't let friends kill people.?

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:HvZ, nerf guns, graduating college, Islam, music, concerts, things.
I agree with Protocol on many of the topics addressed in this thread.
I wouldn't go as far as saying that everyone who claims to self-mutilate themselves are liars and/or attention seekers. That can't be true at all, unless you plan to be some all knowing narrorator of this forum you can't possibly know the reasons for which the people on this forum are fucked up. I agree with most everything you've said but this is where i draw the line. I know because I used to cut. I'm in the proccess of going a year not cutting- and it's pretty fucking hard to break away from let me tell you! It's an addiction and I praise those who try everything to break free from it, including posting about it on this site for HELP!
I simply can't stand it when people taunt and belittle those who post on here about their personal problems. Especially with a problem as physicaly abusing yourself. I realize that some people on this forum have gone a bit far with their posts and some have absolutly no concern for getting help. What to do with these people? Give them your advice or just not reply to their posts. It's as simple as that. I'd hate to know that someone on this forum generally dose want help with a serious problem and you all just taunt them because of the notion that they are all LIARS! That isn't fair.

Ok, I'm done ranting for now. I just hope you all take this into consideration that not every self-mutilator is a lieing attention seeking fuck.
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny
"touching, informative, inspirational, secondshifters"

sickfish

sickfish

eaten back to life

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:my very beautiful girlfriend, punk rock, violence, video games, liquor
i thoroughly disagree with protocol's approach on this, but he does have a point that some things can get annoying after a while. this is obvious, we all have peeves. i'm not freaking out about it or anything. these are little things, people showing affection in cute-but-silly ways on message boards, and asking silly questions about vampires. or complaining about the things in their lives that bother them, or the problems they have to deal with every day. you, protocol, really aren't any different than anyone else on this board. i suggest that if these little things bother you so much then you step back and take a look at yourself. therapy can be helpful for anyone and everyone. perhaps someone could help you find out why these little things bother you in such disproportionate ways. you could learn a lot of things about yourself.

i agree with njns in that it's not fair to automatically assume that people who post about their problems on the forums are pathological liars. these are real people, often times with real problems. some i'm sure feel like they've exhausted every other resource they have. i would hope that the more intelligent, educated and sensitive people on the forums do their best to provide support and advice. even if only one out of ten of these people are telling the truth, is it worth it to make jokes at the expense of that one person who could really use your help?

protocol, in regard to your approach, i don't think it's appropriate to so blatantly invite flames and direct insults to such a large number of the forum members. from your other posts it seems to me that you see yourself as a potential role model for some of these people, or at least a good source of advice, and i think that by making fun of them and inviting insults in response you're sending the wrong message and detracting from your own credibility.
i never found the rainbow's end, but at least i found a better place without you

Hellcat

Hellcat

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 0 posts

I wouldn't go as far as saying that everyone who claims to self-mutilate themselves are liars and/or attention seekers. That can't be true at all, unless you plan to be some all knowing narrorator of this forum you can't possibly know the reasons for which the people on this forum are fucked up.

He did not say that all posters that post asking for help are lying or attention seeking -much like I did not. As I said in my post just below his, 99% of the time, other posters can tell when someone is legitimately asking for help or when they are attn seeking.

I'm in the proccess of going a year not cutting- and it's pretty fucking hard to break away from let me tell you!

Congratulations.

It's an addiction ...

No, it's a symptom of a deeper problem. As one that is going through recovery, you should know that.

...I praise those who try everything to break free from it, including posting about it on this site for HELP!

Speaking strictly for myself -Proto is at work, I agree that praise in order for those that are legitimately seeking help and not attention. If the poster is seeking help, then we should all gather around and support the person. If, however, the poster is just posting that kind of stuff so s/he appears to fit in, then the poster deserves what s/he gets. True cutters don't need flattery in the form of mockery. They need help getting off that awful rollercoaster. I've worked in adolescent and adult psych wards with cutters. It is not at all an easy malady to recover from. To pretend that one is a cutter to be kewl and hang with the goth group is nothing less than being a coward yourself. Same with those that feign suicide attempts. Both are worthy of comtempt, IMHO.

i agree with njns in that it's not fair to automatically assume that people who post about their problems on the forums are pathological liars

It also helps to read posts thoroughy prior to jumping to conclusions, sickfish. Read this:

Many people who SAY they do these things are telling MASSIVE PORKIES. (In other words they are pathological liars.) This is a plea for attention and some form of attempt to solicit sympathy.

See that? It says many...not ALL. He is referring to the same people that I am. The attention seekers make it that much more difficult for a true cutter to seek help because the attention seeker is so busy whining about himself and his made up anomaly that the person seeking help is drowned out. See the rest of my comment above for clarification.

protocol, in regard to your approach, i don't think it's appropriate to so blatantly invite flames and direct insults to such a large number of the forum members

He wasn't inviting flames as much as acknowledging that his post was/is going to crawl under some people's skin. And it did, right?

perhaps someone could help you find out why these little things bother you in such disproportionate ways.

Steps back and checks which forum this is posted in. Yep. As I thought. Discussion. He is trying to discuss something that is bothering him about these boards. I did the same. Do I, too, need psych help? What of those that agree with him/us? Do they need help as well? Posted Image

Syana

Syana

Psychotically Insane

• Members
  • 2,858 posts
  • Interests:gone
i just have one thing to say about all of this...because everything else i'd want to say has already been said.

i disagree with you, sickfish, because self-mutilation can be an addiction. the thing is, the person going through it may see it as an addiction because that's how they think of it....they keep doing it and can't stop, therefore, their brain is telling them it is an addiction.

k, i'm done.

sickfish

sickfish

eaten back to life

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:my very beautiful girlfriend, punk rock, violence, video games, liquor
syana, i think you are 100% right. maybe you confused me with someone else?

hellcat, i also don't see where you disagree with me. i'm going to quote protocol on this one: "if you need you explain yourself, even in latin, you're not as smart as you think you are". i have been very clear and don't need to explain myself. you just suggested that i read posts thoroughly before jumping to conclusions. i suggest you take your own advice. while i respect njns's posts and opinions very much, it looks like you are confusing her reply with mine.

and hellcat, protocol was the one who suggested a while back that therapy is good for everyone. obviously, on this point, i agree. don't you?
i never found the rainbow's end, but at least i found a better place without you

yelkt

yelkt

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Theatre Design, Swimming, Poetry, Writing, Movies, TV, Stargate, Stargate SG1, CSI, Poe, Percy Shelly, Bronte, Shakespeare, Robert Frost
Right now, i'm trying to understand where you are coming from, Protocol. Obviously I said something in another post you didn't like but I have to say I find this alittle rediculous. Message boards are designed for people to say and discuss things important to them. I rarely come into the discussion part of this board because, more often than not, I don't find it that interesting. I don't; however, say that what other people want to talk about it unintellegant. Last time I checked, people could talk about what they wanted to on here. I don't agree with a lot of it. I don't even really fit in here with most of the personalities, just ask Court. I'm trying to understand why you feel it is important to judge people because of things they want to talk about or want advice on.

I have to say things that you have said have offended me. However, I have refrained from saying anything out of respect. I think this went alittle far. I agree with Sick.

"from your other posts it seems to me that you see yourself as a potential role model for some of these people, or at least a good source of advice, and i think that by making fun of them and inviting insults in response you're sending the wrong message and detracting from your own credibility."

I've ignored other things because I didn't agree and just chose not to force the issue. If it is your intention to be a role model or source of advice, so far, your approach has been something that I don't even feel is worth paying attention to. When I posted a quote I like in my signature you posted something else and while mine might not be wrong, you stated that yours was in a fashion that made me feel there was no other option.

Sick, I agree with you.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

Syana

Syana

Psychotically Insane

• Members
  • 2,858 posts
  • Interests:gone
sorry, hon...i meant to put hellcat.

lilithspawn

lilithspawn

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 3 posts
self mutilation, can be the need to ease the sufffering of soul. soul lives in the blood. it is truely morose for people too call attention by "cuttting"......personally i consider myself a blood worshiper, like ancestors or in lives before, i feel a need to bond physically as well as soulfully the the binds of soul.

Sin

Sin

All 7 Sins, and about to be your eighth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Wow...

Okay, I'm with Proto on the "Are Vampires real?" and on the "Sexors 'n lixxx" because well, I've spent too much time in my life sitting in that very boat... I'm out of it now, and appalled that I spent so long there to begin with.

As for his issue with the people who state they cut themselves? Hmm... I can understand a little bit where he is coming from, however I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are all "liars" --Different people have different issues, and different ways of handling said issues. Some of them might actually cut themselves, and they might talk about it as an additional way of reaching out for the help they need. Either way, if they cut, they need help. If they're "pathological liars" they also need help. And that is what really needs to be focused on there, more than what is being said.

Xxx-SIN-xxX
{Water} "Sin is the epitome of the seven deadly sins... she can drive a man to do all of them."

sickfish

sickfish

eaten back to life

• Members
  • 158 posts
:) well said.

lilithspawn

lilithspawn

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 3 posts
r u afraid 2 play w/me???

Sin

Sin

• Members
  • 219 posts
Lilith I fail to see how that is relevant to this topic?

Xxx-SIN-xxX
{Water} "Sin is the epitome of the seven deadly sins... she can drive a man to do all of them."

Hellcat

Hellcat

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 0 posts

r u afraid 2 play w/me???

oh, fer fuck's sake. This is a perfect example of the lixors ad suxors crap that some of us dislike. Way to prove our point, lilith.

Sin, He didn't say all...as I said in my 2nd more lengthy post he said this:

Many people who SAY they do these things are telling MASSIVE PORKIES. (In other words they are pathological liars.) This is a plea for attention and some form of attempt to solicit sympathy.

And that is what really needs to be focused on there, more than what is being said.

I agree to an extent here, Sin. I agree that if people feel the need to lie to garner attention, then yes, there are definately issues that should be addressed. However, as I said in my earlier post -those that use cutting/suicide attempts as ways to get that attention detract attention away from those that have legitimate problems with those very issues. Wouldn't you agree?

yelkt, I agree that Proto has a rough way of saying things at times. With him things are black and white -very little grey, if there's any at all. I'll let him adress that when he gets back later this evening.

i disagree with you, sickfish, because self-mutilation can be an addiction.

I suppose if you want to look at it that way, then, yes, cutting can be an addiction. It's primarily a symptom of a much deeper problem though.

and hellcat, protocol was the one who suggested a while back that therapy is good for everyone.

It's all a matter of context, sickfish. You are recommending therapy as opposed to discussing pet peeves. Proto, in the context that you are utilizing, was recommending therapy for people that feel that they need advice. See the difference?

Sin

Sin

• Members
  • 219 posts
My main point was however, that everybody has issues, and nobody's issues, regardless of what they are, should be discredited.

To be totally blunt, "Everybody's shit stinks"

Meaning, someone who cuts themselves, has issues yes.
Someone who lies pathologically, has issues yes.

Who are we to say that one person's issues take precedence over another? Both are important. We are not those individuals, we don't know what circumstances or events in their lives drives them to those behaviors. Just because "we" may not choose to partake in those behaviors, doesn't give us credence to say that one is more important than the other, or more valid than the other.

Xxx-SIN-xxX

Hellcat

Hellcat

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 0 posts
I agree with that as well, Sin. What really grates is that that it can or will result in a cutter's post getting ignored because some of 'us' will stop showing interest in those type of posts. Make better sense?

sickfish

sickfish

eaten back to life

• Members
  • 158 posts
hellcat, it was protocol who recommended therapy. i'll remind you again, as you yourself have said, "It also helps to read posts thoroughy prior to jumping to conclusions". i recommended he take his own advice. a while back, i posted a bit about some managers at work that were bothering me. he suggested i take a look at myself. so: something is bothering you? maybe it's not them, maybe it's you. i think it's funny how most peoples' problems are their own fault, but your (and protocol's, since you seem to be of the same opinion) problems are most peoples' fault.

from your previous posts it seems that you share a lot of the same views as protocol, as well as a desire to be a good, helpful source of advice. but when people see you make responses like the one you just gave to lilithspawn, they'll be less likely to desire or appreciate your help. (that's some advice from me.)

i originally had some misgivings when i read the first post in this thread, about it degenerating into flames and disrespectful comments toward other members. i decided to give it a chance in the hope that it would create some intelligent, respectful discussion. for the most part, it has. let's all try and keep it that way.

BlackFyre

BlackFyre

Machine of Loving Grace

• Members
  • 145 posts
(shakes head) I don't see what the problem is. Protocol's topic is valid, and I do not feel that it was meant to be reactionary, but merely as discussion. IMO, people are responsible for thier own reactions to the topic, and Protocol is not to be blamed for other's actions. The best I can say is that if you don't like the topic, don't read it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users