Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Us and them.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

sickfish

sickfish

eaten back to life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:my very beautiful girlfriend, punk rock, violence, video games, liquor
i totally agree BF. if you don't like the topic, don't read it.
i never found the rainbow's end, but at least i found a better place without you

yelkt

yelkt

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Theatre Design, Swimming, Poetry, Writing, Movies, TV, Stargate, Stargate SG1, CSI, Poe, Percy Shelly, Bronte, Shakespeare, Robert Frost
here here Sick and BF. I keep coming back because I'm interested in where this goes...

Sketch_OBrien

Sketch_OBrien

I AM Mr. Nightmare!

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:A lot has changed since I was last here. My interests haven't changed much. I do miss the old days but there's always a silver lining. Good to see secondshifters is still going strong.

(shakes head) I don't see what the problem is. Protocol's topic is valid, and I do not feel that it was meant to be reactionary, but merely as discussion. IMO, people are responsible for thier own reactions to the topic, and Protocol is not to be blamed for other's actions. The best I can say is that if you don't like the topic, don't read it.

Two points.. first I will state something on this quote. If you read the title of the original post it said "feel free to flame me. I will reply" I believe that it very much was meant to be reactionary. However, I COMPLETELY support Proto. in that respect. I feel that it was something that needed to be addressed. I believe that a majority of these posts (aside from the obvious "issues" that have already been mentioned) are also desperate cries for special attention. It is a public forum. This much is true. However, it is the stereotypical BS contained in the types of posts that Proto has addressed that give "us" a bad name in the first place. I've been a part of this board for quite some time now and I have seen that there are some incredibly intelligent and fascinating people here. It is a shame when interesting conversation topics are cluttered with a load of drama that gives these very people a bad rep.

Point 2? Sin? It's great to see you posting again.. I mean damn, chick. Where you been?!
Sketch... kid tested. Mother approved. Low in sugar, high in protein. The fun part of a balanced breakfast.[B]

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife and 2 daughters. Industrial, metal and goth music. Hockey and football.
I've read many posts that are just damn annoying and are a waste of a thread, but I choose to just ignore it and be on my way, however many people tend to have to lend their 2 cents on each and every damn post on here. How many times have we seen the most recent post for every thread be the same damn person. Haven't your mothers' ever told you, if you can't say something nice, don't say something at all?

I don't understand what makes Protocol and Hellcat the supreme beings of judging who has legit problems and who is looking for attention. If you have a legit solution, then voice it, but don't jump on someone's case, because you feel that they are full of shit. How would you feel if you shot your mouth off, like you guys do sometimes, calling someone a liar and such and then found out they were serious when you read the paper the next day? You'd feel like utter shit.

There are appropriate ways to voice your expressions and such, however this thread was totally inappropriate to just throw out towards everyone.

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
So I come home from work. It was a long day. It rained. I was on stage setting up equipment. It got wet, I got wet, it poured down for hours, and I was wet all day. The sun came out later. We ran 8 different bands. We tore down, we went back and restored, I drove home...

And then I see the thread I began, and I am NOT happy.

Do most of the replies in this thread indicate comprehension problems? Why do people feel so easily offended?

Well... I am JUST in the right frame of mind to reply to this. Get comfortable, this will be a long post.

[quote]I agree with Protocol on many of the topics addressed in this thread.[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote]I wouldn't go as far as saying that everyone who claims to self-mutilate themselves are liars and/or attention seekers. That can't be true at all, unless you plan to be some all knowing narrorator of this forum you can't possibly know the reasons for which the people on this forum are fucked up.[/quote]

You must be confused or deluded. You can choose which one you'd like to be viewed as. I did not say ALL people were lying. You clearly did NOT read my post before you got all upset, and you clearly felt like I was trying to show you I was better than you. You can see this when you suggest I plan to be an all knowing narrator of this forum.

See, that is uncalled for. You should apologise.

[quote]I agree with most everything you've said but this is where i draw the line. [/quote]

You draw the line? Such a defensive posture and tone. Why the need to be combative? Who said you had to draw any lines? Who said you had to go into combat with me? Go back and re-read my post would you? When you come back feel free to drop all the emotive combative thoughts and moods, and let me know if you understand what I said.

If not I'll explain it to you.

[quote]I know because I used to cut. I'm in the proccess of going a year not cutting- and it's pretty fucking hard to break away from let me tell you! It's an addiction and I praise those who try everything to break free from it, including posting about it on this site for HELP![/quote]

I'm sorry you used to cut. I'm glad you stopped. It's not an addiction, and there are people on this site who have posted that they need help. I would be glad to help them and do my utmost to ensure they stop cutting PDQ, BUT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE on this forum who joke about blood and death, and cutting, and THEY DETRACT FROM ANYONE WHO WISHES TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Feel free to wander around this forum and post to them won't you? Because as I have yet to see, you say NOTHING to them, but you feel free to rant to me.

[quote]I simply can't stand it when people taunt and belittle those who post on here about their personal problems. [/quote]

I did not taunt or belittle anyone, nor did I attack such serious problems, with sarcasm as you imply and suggest.

[quote]Especially with a problem as physicaly abusing yourself. I realize that some people on this forum have gone a bit far with their posts and some have absolutly no concern for getting help. What to do with these people? Give them your advice or just not reply to their posts. It's as simple as that. I'd hate to know that someone on this forum generally dose want help with a serious problem and you all just taunt them because of the notion that they are all LIARS! That isn't fair.[/quote]

You said one thing on your post that really struck a bell with me. It is not fair Yep, your post is NOT fair. As for saying nothing to those who mocks others? That simply makes you COMPLICIT by your silence. As you can see I have no need for silence, and I make my position known to all.

[quote]Ok, I'm done ranting for now. I just hope you all take this into consideration that not every self-mutilator is a lieing attention seeking fuck.[/quote]

Again, you show a total lack of comprehension of my post. Go read it once more, before I speak to you as plainly as you have spoken to me.

Next.

[quote]I thoroughly disagree with protocol's approach on this, but he does have a point that some things can get annoying after a while. this is obvious, we all have peeves. i'm not freaking out about it or anything. these are little things, people showing affection in cute-but-silly ways on message boards, and asking silly questions about vampires. or complaining about the things in their lives that bother them, or the problems they have to deal with every day. you, protocol, really aren't any different than anyone else on this board. i suggest that if these little things bother you so much then you step back and take a look at yourself. therapy can be helpful for anyone and everyone. perhaps someone could help you find out why these little things bother you in such disproportionate ways. you could learn a lot of things about yourself.

i agree with njns in that it's not fair to automatically assume that people who post about their problems on the forums are pathological liars. these are real people, often times with real problems. some i'm sure feel like they've exhausted every other resource they have. i would hope that the more intelligent, educated and sensitive people on the forums do their best to provide support and advice. even if only one out of ten of these people are telling the truth, is it worth it to make jokes at the expense of that one person who could really use your help?

protocol, in regard to your approach, i don't think it's appropriate to so blatantly invite flames and direct insults to such a large number of the forum members. from your other posts it seems to me that you see yourself as a potential role model for some of these people, or at least a good source of advice, and i think that by making fun of them and inviting insults in response you're sending the wrong message and detracting from your own credibility.[/quote]

Oh dear.

After PMing me, because you did not wish to speak publicly on this, and many many suggestions that if you had a reply you should do so publicly you chose to post in this thread. Good, and about time. Let me take your thoughts piecemeal, and do you the same justice you have done for me.

[quote]I thoroughly disagree with protocol's approach on this, but he does have a point that some things can get annoying after a while. this is obvious, we all have peeves. i'm not freaking out about it or anything. these are little things, people showing affection in cute-but-silly ways on message boards, and asking silly questions about vampires. or complaining about the things in their lives that bother them, or the problems they have to deal with every day. you, protocol, really aren't any different than anyone else on this board.[/quote]

Firstly. I did not say or intimate I was any different from anyone. I did say I do not like a style of posting that I offered examples of, so as such you can say that I am different from those posters. However that is not your meaning. You're trying a sly little dig at me. Hey it did not work, but it did make me pay attention to the rest of your diatribe.

[quote]i suggest that if these little things bother you so much then you step back and take a look at yourself.[/quote]

Why? I posted about my opinions on a subject, why should that lead me to introspection? You are taking an odd way to make your point. Let's see what else you have to say... Perhaps it will shed light on your motive.

[quote]therapy can be helpful for anyone and everyone. perhaps someone could help you find out why these little things bother you in such disproportionate ways. you could learn a lot of things about yourself.[/quote]

Ah, I see, you are taking something I have said in the past and trying to use it against me. A chink in my armour perhaps? You are in error. You have misunderstood what I said in my previous post about therapy, and you are aware of that. You're simply twisting my message. What I had said previously was that everyone because of all the many good and bad things that have happened to us in our lives, could probably use therapy. BUT I also said, not everyone gets that therapy and that is maybe a good thing, for it forces us to find solutions to problems that we think we need therapy for. That mindset that develops and leads to our solutions, becomes wisdom, such wisdom is invaluable. I stand by that point, and not by your twisted logic.

I know myself far better than you know me. I also know myself better than you know yourself. That is because I take time to listen to myself and to others, and I am scrupulously honest with myself and others, that is why I am able to speak so plainly and openly and without fear of rebuke or rejection. I do not need to make sly digs as you do, nor do I need to get angry and reply in the manner you have, twisting my words against me.

[quote]i agree with njns in that it's not fair to automatically assume that people who post about their problems on the forums are pathological liars. [/quote]

You agree with an erroneous comment. Your comprehension level must be low or you're not reading what I have said. Are you that blinded by your ego? I said that MANY people lie. I did not say ALL people lie. I can show you examples of people needing REAL help, and what I did to assist, and I can show you examples of LIES, and what I did to make those people stop their lies. I do not have to explain my actions to you, nor will I.

[quote]these are real people, often times with real problems. some i'm sure feel like they've exhausted every other resource they have. i would hope that the more intelligent, educated and sensitive people on the forums do their best to provide support and advice. even if only one out of ten of these people are telling the truth, is it worth it to make jokes at the expense of that one person who could really use your help?[/quote]

Are you saying I am making jokes at the expense of others? Again, you are NOT reading a word I say. Buy some glasses and try once again. You may be surprised at what I say when you read correctly.

[quote]protocol, in regard to your approach, i don't think it's appropriate to so blatantly invite flames and direct insults to such a large number of the forum members. from your other posts it seems to me that you see yourself as a potential role model for some of these people, or at least a good source of advice, and i think that by making fun of them and inviting insults in response you're sending the wrong message and detracting from your own credibility.[/quote]

Negative and in serious error.

My approach was about my opinion. I KNEW that my comment would upset some people. I also TOLD YOU BY PM and explained WHY I had said what I had said. You obviously forgot that explanation. Would you like me to place our PM's here for others to read? No? Well then let me explain once more.

When people who read my post see it, and become angry they do so for many reasons, but primary amongst those reasons is that they feel they've been slighted or singled out. If I had NOT said that I expected people to be upset, it merely shows I don't give a damn about their feelings, and I only care about my own. That is incorrect. I know how they may feel, and so I excuse them and invite their reply. I do not dodge or try to exucse my comment, I rather give them the respect of asking them to reply directly to me, as I will to them. A cathartic act. They will reply and feel better for doing so. I will reply and perhaps there can be a valid discussion as a result. If I did not say it, I am simply a jerk. By saying it, I am inviting them to talk to me, and also admitting that I may have upset them, and telling them so, so they understand that I have some awareness of their feelings.

Your ego blinds you, as usual.

I never said I was a role model, or a leader of anything. I lead my life, you lead yours, and stop trying to character assassinate me or Hellcat. It's not appreciated and you would not appreciate my doing that for you. If you continue, you and I are sure to have a plain discussion on your badly conceived perceptions of Hellcat and I. Something I am sure neither of us desires.

Hellcat. I love you very much, thankyou for posting whilst I was away.

Sickfish. [quote]hellcat, i also don't see where you disagree with me. i'm going to quote protocol on this one: "if you need you explain yourself, even in latin, you're not as smart as you think you are". i have been very clear and don't need to explain myself. you just suggested that i read posts thoroughly before jumping to conclusions. i suggest you take your own advice. while i respect njns's posts and opinions very much, it looks like you are confusing her reply with mine. [/quote]

Stop trying to warp my comments would you? When you quote me you misquote my intent, and you try to change it's meaning, and point to a differing rationalisation of it.

You have not been clear because you are in error, and clearly don't read my posts. You're simply posting out of emotive reasoning not logic, and it shows. I DO SUGGEST YOU READ MINE AND HELLCATS POSTS VERY CLEARLY, and take MORE of my advice than your own erroneous advice.

[quote]and hellcat, protocol was the one who suggested a while back that therapy is good for everyone. obviously, on this point, i agree. don't you?[/quote]

Trying to pick a fight? Ooohhh.... You are mismatched Sickfish, and out of your league. Knock yourself out. You won't enjoy the experience.

[quote]Right now, i'm trying to understand where you are coming from, Protocol. Obviously I said something in another post you didn't like but I have to say I find this alittle rediculous. Message boards are designed for people to say and discuss things important to them.[/quote]

Yep they are, and I used this one as you've just explained.

[quote]I rarely come into the discussion part of this board because, more often than not, I don't find it that interesting. [/quote]

Oh. Ok.

[quote]I don't; however, say that what other people want to talk about it unintellegant.[/quote]

WOW, is that hard to read, and irony all at the same time!

[quote]Last time I checked, people could talk about what they wanted to on here. I don't agree with a lot of it. I don't even really fit in here with most of the personalities, just ask Court. I'm trying to understand why you feel it is important to judge people because of things they want to talk about or want advice on. [/quote]

I did not judge anyone. You are operating from a misapprehension. CLearly you too suffer from the 'I did not read Protocols post' illness. Maybe one day you'll get over it, and actually read what I said. I stated my opinion. You have stated yours. If I am wrong for stating mine, then you too are in error. You cannot have it both ways now can you?

[quote]I have to say things that you have said have offended me. However, I have refrained from saying anything out of respect. I think this went alittle far. I agree with Sick.[/quote]

Sickfish is in error.

[quote]I've ignored other things because I didn't agree and just chose not to force the issue. If it is your intention to be a role model or source of advice, so far, your approach has been something that I don't even feel is worth paying attention to. When I posted a quote I like in my signature you posted something else and while mine might not be wrong, you stated that yours was in a fashion that made me feel there was no other option.[/quote]

You ignore anything because you choose to do so. You are the silent majority, and you are complicit by your inaction. It's your choice. Not mine. I am NOT a role model for anyone, because NO ONE KNOWS ME WELL ENOUGH TO LOOK AT ME AS ONE. Your ego is blinding you. Mine? Well my ego and personality make me who I am, and I have never tried to be your role model or anyone's. Why do you think I am? If you don't want to pay attention to me then do not, but you do, you did, and you have. Quite contrary eh?

As for your signature line. I was playing with you. I guess the humour fairy does not visit your home anymore? If you were offended you should of said so, but no. You are the silent majority. As I said, I am not.

[quote]Sick, I agree with you.[/quote]

Pity that, because Sickfish is in error. As are you.

[quote]Okay, I'm done ranting.[/quote]

Good.

Sickfish you posted again! Oh dear!

[quote]hellcat, it was protocol who recommended therapy. i'll remind you again, as you yourself have said, "It also helps to read posts thoroughy prior to jumping to conclusions".[/quote]

WOW! NOw there is irony. You do not read what I say, and I have examples of that! But no, you cannot pay attention still. PLEASE TRY.

[quote]i recommended he take his own advice. a while back, i posted a bit about some managers at work that were bothering me. he suggested i take a look at myself.[/quote]

Yes, I suggested you look at yourself because you got mad about nothing. I got fatigued by continual posting that I see as ridiculous, and I did not react as you said you did. Perhaps you forgot!

[quote]so: something is bothering you? maybe it's not them, maybe it's you. i think it's funny how most peoples' problems are their own fault, but your (and protocol's, since you seem to be of the same opinion) problems are most peoples' fault.[/quote]

Oh dear Sickfish. Now you are becoming personally involved and making this a crusade. Here is an easy way to resolve this. Apologise to Hellcat and it will end there.

[quote]from your previous posts it seems that you share a lot of the same views as protocol, as well as a desire to be a good, helpful source of advice. but when people see you make responses like the one you just gave to lilithspawn, they'll be less likely to desire or appreciate your help. (that's some advice from me.)

i originally had some misgivings when i read the first post in this thread, about it degenerating into flames and disrespectful comments toward other members. i decided to give it a chance in the hope that it would create some intelligent, respectful discussion. for the most part, it has. let's all try and keep it that way. [/quote]

UHOH. So you choose to deride Hellcat, and make a mockery of what I have said, quoting me and altering the intent? WOW, way to go! Yep this is a crusade for you, as you do not like to be wrong. WOW, what a shock!

OK, sarcasm over. You have gone to far, and I think this should end, and you should simply apologise, as you should have thought twice before suggesting censoring me, and acting heavy handed. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder and you should knock it off before getting mad at others. As I suggested previously.

[quote](shakes head) I don't see what the problem is. Protocol's topic is valid, and I do not feel that it was meant to be reactionary, but merely as discussion. IMO, people are responsible for thier own reactions to the topic, and Protocol is not to be blamed for other's actions. The best I can say is that if you don't like the topic, don't read it. [/quote]

Thankyou. I appreciate that.

Uhoh.

[quote]I've read many posts that are just damn annoying and are a waste of a thread, but I choose to just ignore it and be on my way, however many people tend to have to lend their 2 cents on each and every damn post on here. How many times have we seen the most recent post for every thread be the same damn person. Haven't your mothers' ever told you, if you can't say something nice, don't say something at all?

I don't understand what makes Protocol and Hellcat the supreme beings of judging who has legit problems and who is looking for attention.[/quote]

So you open your mouth and insert both of your feet do you? To bad.

I have an opinion, and so do you. So does Hellcat. I can voice mine, you can voice yours, and Hellcat can voice hers. What is wrong with that? Don't like it? TO BAD. Your first mistake was in making this personal. Your second was making it personal with Hellcat and I. We do not judge anyone. Not I, nor Hellcat. You've just judged us both, but that's ok isn't it? YOUR ALLOWED!

[quote]If you have a legit solution, then voice it, but don't jump on someone's case, because you feel that they are full of shit.[/quote]

WOW! You just did that very thing! See I knew you were special...

[quote]How would you feel if you shot your mouth off, like you guys do sometimes, calling someone a liar and such and then found out they were serious when you read the paper the next day? You'd feel like utter shit.[/quote]

Excuse you, I always leave room to manouever, and I always make myself open to others to talk to. You'd be surprised the people who talk to me, and the people I help and have helped. And no I won't explain, I won't do that for you, because I won't paint myself as a saint. Suffice to say I am not inactive, nor unable to help others, despite what your skewed perception tells you. Nor am I silent, and complicit by my inactivity or silence. I actually take a stance and get involved, which is a damn sight more than many others, eh?

[quote]There are appropriate ways to voice your expressions and such, however this thread was totally inappropriate to just throw out towards everyone. [/quote]

Why? You do it? You just did it. You judged, condemned, and insulted. WOW! you are SO VERY SPECIAL! I am so honoured to be talking to you. Please judge me some more. I like it.

OK, I'm going to stop there. I do NOT want this thread locked, and I want everyone to respond to me, then maybe there can be some serious discourse. Right after people actually READ what I have said, and stop using their emotions before they think.

Protocol.

Hellcat

Hellcat

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 0 posts

I don't understand what makes Protocol and Hellcat the supreme beings of judging who has legit problems and who is looking for attention.

Shame on you, Vladimir. Nowhere did I say that *I* am a supreme being of judging who has legitimate problems. I do, however, have 15 years of experience in the medical field that helps me see when people are trying to blow smoke up someone else's ass for attention -some of which have been on both adolescent and adult psych wards. There have been several posts that have asked for help that truly needed it. There have as many, if not more posts that are flat out lies. Do you disagree?

sickfish

sickfish

eaten back to life

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:my very beautiful girlfriend, punk rock, violence, video games, liquor
okay so like i said i was hoping this thread wouldn't turn disrespectful.

the first thing i have to say to you, protocol, is this:

Stop trying to warp my comments would you? When you quote me you misquote my intent, and you try to change it's meaning, and point to a differing rationalisation of it.

alright i'm done being silly now.

the second thing is that you don't seem to realize when people are agreeing with you. you have good ideas; you just need to learn how to express them clearly, without inciting a riot. or inviting flames.

i'm not trying to start a fight, or a crusade. from your original post, you've made it expressly clear that you've been expecting one. since you're bringing it up here, i'll explain for everyone else's benefit that my PM was intended to warn you about doing just that - starting fights. i chose the private message in order to save you the embarassment of a public warning. if you want to continue discussing that, i'll be happy to, in private.

in regard to the rest of your comments: i have been very respectful and very clear, and do not need to explain myself. my statements stand on their own. you can reiterate, chop up, and misinterpret them all you want. you can take as many sentences out of context as you want. you can selectively choose to remember your own comments, and mine, and anyone else's, as much as you want. you can choose when you think proper grammar is important for expressing one's opinion, and when you think it isn't. you just make yourself sound argumentative, stubborn, and irrational. and then the original intent of your post is completely lost.
i never found the rainbow's end, but at least i found a better place without you

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
Again, you are in error. I am going to quote my last post, and then I will repsond to yours.

When people who read my post see it, and become angry they do so for many reasons, but primary amongst those reasons is that they feel they've been slighted or singled out. If I had NOT said that I expected people to be upset, it merely shows I don't give a damn about their feelings, and I only care about my own. That is incorrect. I know how they may feel, and so I excuse them and invite their reply. I do not dodge or try to exucse my comment, I rather give them the respect of asking them to reply directly to me, as I will to them. A cathartic act. They will reply and feel better for doing so. I will reply and perhaps there can be a valid discussion as a result. If I did not say it, I am simply a jerk. By saying it, I am inviting them to talk to me, and also admitting that I may have upset them, and telling them so, so they understand that I have some awareness of their feelings.

THAT IS WHY I SAID WHAT I SAID. READ IT. UNDERSTAND IT. APPRECIATE IT. COGITATE ON IT.

Now to your latest post.

First you make a joke, and then say you'll stop being silly. Why the need for the joke? Sarcasm does not suit you, you do not employ it very well.

the second thing is that you don't seem to realize when people are agreeing with you. you have good ideas; you just need to learn how to express them clearly, without inciting a riot. or inviting flames.

Thanks. I expressed myself very well. You did not read what I said. Try once more.

i'm not trying to start a fight, or a crusade.

Yes you are. And you do so with Hellcat also. I do not appreciate that. I do not appreciate the sly comments, and your need to be heavy handed.

from your original post, you've made it expressly clear that you've been expecting one. since you're bringing it up here, i'll explain for everyone else's benefit that my PM was intended to warn you about doing just that - starting fights. i chose the private message in order to save you the embarassment of a public warning. if you want to continue discussing that, i'll be happy to, in private.

Negative. Read my post where I explained the reason WHY I posted as I did, and I explained AGAIN that it's a cathartic act. I told you that in PM and you clearly FORGOT it. I told you again publicly and you ignore it. Maybe you can read it a third time and understand it? Don't try to speak to me in private. This is a public topic, why are you suggesting we must speak in private? What is so special that our comments must be conducted in secrecy? You take your self and your role WAY to seriously. This is NOT a clandestine forum is it?

Oh the embarassment of a public warning? WOW. Now that is so out of bounds it's SCARY. Well, here goes sweetypie. WARN ME. DO so NOW. Let's see what occurs next shall we? I am TELLING YOU TO WARN ME. Then we'll see how effective it is. AND we'll also understand your motivations for choosing to warn me and how personally involved you are in this topic, and responses to Hellcat and I.

in regard to the rest of your comments: i have been very respectful and very clear, and do not need to explain myself.

You have not. You are not, and you do. I won't say much else to this, I'm not happy right now, it's wise for me to not say much else.

my statements stand on their own. you can reiterate, chop up, and misinterpret them all you want. you can take as many sentences out of context as you want. you can selectively choose to remember your own comments, and mine, and anyone else's, as much as you want. you can choose when you think proper grammar is important for expressing one's opinion, and when you think it isn't. you just make yourself sound argumentative, stubborn, and irrational. and then the original intent of your post is completely lost.

No. I said that to you, do not turn my comments and logic upon me, it will not work. I quoted where you had NOT read my post. I told you to do so, you are still in error, and it's becoming more and more serious.

Apologise to Hellcat for what you have said. Reconsider your heavy handed stance, and personal involvement in an OPINION of mine, and of me and Hellcat.

Protocol.

sickfish

sickfish

eaten back to life

• Members
  • 158 posts
dude. you've lost track of your ideas. since you want a warning, here you go: calm down, take some time, think about what you're going to say. attack the post, not the poster.

i agreed with the majority of what i thought was the intent of your original post. i did not agree with your choice of words. you should be happy that i've read everything you've posted, and that i've given thought to and been respectful in my replies.

I know myself far better than you know me. I also know myself better than you know yourself. That is because I take time to listen to myself and to others, and I am scrupulously honest with myself and others, that is why I am able to speak so plainly and openly and without fear of rebuke or rejection.

you say you're pretty comfortable with yourself, so why get so upset when someone learns something from you and sees how it can be applied elsewhere? sometimes, when someone posts a rant, people will try and help the ranter find a solution to their problem. introspection is something you've recommended for others, it is not unreasonable for it to be suggested for you.

once again, your warning: calm down. think before you post. and when you do post, attack the issue, not the poster.

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
Sorry. I don't accept that little conciliatory post. You attacked the poster, not the post, so don't be trite.

You really amaze me. It's best that we don't speak again.

Protocol.

sickfish

sickfish

eaten back to life

• Members
  • 158 posts
if that's what you think. obviously you can't see it any other way.

and yeah, i am amazing :D

*looks around for intelligent conversation* well to tell you the truth the questions about vampires never bothered me, and neither do the sex0rs stuff. i don't really understand the 0rs part of it, but i guess that's just because i'm old. k-rad and stuff. i like the questions about vampires. sure the answer seems obvious, but what if? you know?

yelkt

yelkt

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Theatre Design, Swimming, Poetry, Writing, Movies, TV, Stargate, Stargate SG1, CSI, Poe, Percy Shelly, Bronte, Shakespeare, Robert Frost
I think this thread left the realm of debate.

All I want to say right now is that I'm sorry that I don't see my own typos. That's my problem. I'm out.

sickfish

sickfish

eaten back to life

• Members
  • 158 posts
heh :P

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
No.

I said I would not continue this, but I just saw that grinning smiley face of yours sickfish, and I am NOT amused., Not in the slightest.

Sickfish, you're out of line. You left your mod status behind when you acted like a prick and you further underlined what an ass you are, when you posted publicly here about how you're trying to save me from a warning.

You pompous conceited little child.

YOU ruined this debate because you made this about you, and your ego. This was about an opinion of mine, and I asked that everyone READ what the hell I said. I explained myself, and I explained WHY I had created my post in the way and manner I did, and you ignored that explanation once privately and twice publicly.

You arrogant little son of a bitch.

Debate ruined, and you and I will have a direct conversation because I've much to say to you, Mr Moderator.

I'll post to you tomorrow because I want to think about exactly what I am going to say to you.

Anyone else wishing to keep this topic on track feel free to post. I'll respond in due course.

Protocol.

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife and 2 daughters. Industrial, metal and goth music. Hockey and football.
Hellcat, I apologize, I was unaware of that, however the way you guys go about expressing your ideas is very odd. Protocol, you are too funny trying to pick apart everyone's comments, though you asked for and embraced flames. Too, too sad that you are going to try and defend yourself, where it seems only Hellcat really agrees with the majority of your WAY out there ideas.

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 53 posts
Oh, Protocol, talk about out of line. What in the hell is your problem? You post a ridiculous thread and then when nearly everyone give you shit about it, you get pissed. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. What gives you the right to speak like that to any of our members, let alone one of our mod/DJs? I don't see anywhere that any of us did with you. Shame that someone that speaks so highly of themselves and believes that they are so intelligent, would act so immature as that. You disappoint me.

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
Vidimir my ideas are not way out and they are shared by most everyone.

If you can't understand what my post meant then you need to read it again, and understand why I crafted my opening post as I did. It was designed to show those who would take it badly, to allow them to respond. You're not listening. Nothing new there then.

I've nothing else to say to you, if you don't like it or me then don't read. Get out the topic.

Protocol.

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
I don't disappoint you Vidimir because you don't know or understand me, you show that when you make a sarcastic post to Hellcat and I and say how way out my ideas are. What idiocy and hypocrisy. How can I disappoint when you clearly don't like me?

As for Sickfish being a mod and my talking badly to him, you should look at this thus: He spoke out of turn and I am not amused by it. He left his mod status behind when he exceeded the role of moderator.

Don't even try to act pious. It's beyond your acting ability Vidimir.

Protocol.

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 53 posts
I'm not listening, nothing new there??? Not quite sure what that means, but seeing the source it came from, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
:rolleyes: As I said, you can't be disappointed can you? Or you're just acting like a pious hypocrite.

You don't even understand the irony you create.

Don't bother posting anymore Vidimir. You've nothing to add, you've shown that. Except your Bile.

Protocol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users