Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Celermors Poetry Thread

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Celermors

Celermors

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, writing poetry, writing excessively, pondering, theology, sociology, philosophy, religions, linquistics, drawing, riding/training horses, eventing, dressage, cross-country jumping, music, corvids, sharp pointy objects, fire, plushies, blankets, SHINIES, more SHINIES, work, running, poisons, thievery, lupines, felines, canines, leaving, international politics, languages, most animals, my new couch, tea, cooking, sushi.
It sucks, but what the hell. Have fun me hearties.

So many things to say,
No time to speak a’tall,
Mortality is your limit,
As I see them fade away,
A moment of my life,
For fifty years of yours,
Is past so quick,
A blink and it has left,
Taking with it memoirs,
Of happier times in the past,
Oh so sad that some shouldn’t last,
Leaving us alone again,
No one to love,
They’re all dead,
No laughter in our group,
No songs to be sung,
No one’s left, just me and you,
Two of us, immortal too,
Although it seems you’re leaving me soon,
I can’t stop the grief,
Not from hurting my mind,
The one place I was safe,
It’s no longer mine,
One part for this and another for that,
But the largest part,
Taken up with the past,
Side by side with sadness,
It won’t leave, it always lasts.

Celermors

Celermors

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, writing poetry, writing excessively, pondering, theology, sociology, philosophy, religions, linquistics, drawing, riding/training horses, eventing, dressage, cross-country jumping, music, corvids, sharp pointy objects, fire, plushies, blankets, SHINIES, more SHINIES, work, running, poisons, thievery, lupines, felines, canines, leaving, international politics, languages, most animals, my new couch, tea, cooking, sushi.
Another shitass poem of mine, but, like I say, what the hell.

This is not how it should be,
You were so innocent and carefree,
We came inside to see though,
Only to be met,
By your still form upon the ground,
Once cheery eyes without light,
Once shining face devoid of life,
And it was one of our own,
Who turned you lifeless like stone,
Friends and family die before my eyes,
I=d rather have been cut,
By a thousand broken blades,
Rather have been to hell a hundred times,
Than see any of them,
Lying there cold and still,
Souls of the dead haunt my dreams,
Your face hangs in front of me,
Why you,
So beautiful and true,
Why not one of us,
Who deserves it through and through,
Can=t anyone understand,
I cry my head in hands,
I can=t believe it,
It can=t be true,
And yet it sits there,
Haunting my mind,
You in front of my eyes,
Gone without life,
Without a farewell said,
I just walked in,
And you were dead.

Celermors

Celermors

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 32 posts
YAY! Erm, yeah, obviously there was a death around my house this night....

I walked the silent halls, my feet made no noise, and silent tears came from my eyes. They fell of my face and onto the floor, and they were useless, the deed was done. You were gone, I didn=t want to believe it. It couldn=t have been true. She had killed you, just like that. I don=t know why, she had never bothered you before, but she had done it.
I should have expected it though, as if one trip through hell wasn=t enough, here was another. I left for less than thirty minutes, but when I came back, you were dead. You=re form was still warm, and you lay right where I had left you, sprawled across the floor. I didn=t know at first, you looked just as you always had, but when you didn=t come to meet me, I knew something had been done.
It wasn=t until I got closer and saw you, saw what had been accomplished. I turned you over, and there was nothing there. Where your bright face had been, the face everyone knew and loved, was nothing. I didn=t scream, I didn=t cry. I didn=t believe it was true at first, but still I knew the truth. Knew it in my heart and soul. You had left us and gone away, forever. What would we tell her, she would be heartbroken, I was heartbroken. Then the tears came. What else could I do? You were dead and beyond my reach. I rocked you for a while, I don=t know why. Maybe I thought the familiarness of me rocking you would bring you back somehow, but it didn=t, and it wouldn=t.
I stopped when they came in, and they just looked at me, as if I was crazy. But they came closer, and saw the truth in my eyes, felt it in their hearts. We all knew who had done it, she was the only one within distance of you. The only one even around you after I left. I raised my eyes to them then, and asked the skies bitterly why it had been you. I would have rather been burned by a thousand fiery brands, and killed a hundred times over than see you there, with your eyes clouded and life less. I didn=t stop to ask questions, I ran out and down, into the bowels of the keep, where so many of the dead already lay at rest.
Finally I came to rest, set beside a statue of the Elder Lord Griffyn, your grandfather. A father would have to bury a son, the kingdom bury a prince, and me…I would have to bury you. I couldn’t stop them from coming then, hot, angry tears. They seared my face as they burned down my pale cheeks. I felt my mouth opening, and uttering a string of curses at the one they call ‘God’. He was supposed to be the all powerful, merciful, loving, and yet he let her do that to you.
I was haunted by those staring, glassy eyes. They still stalk my nights, not with malice, but with sweet innocence in them. Golden as bee’s honey, and clear as a rippling brook. So full of life, sometimes, I can almost see your figure moving around a corner or through a doorway, and your eyes come back to me, the expression in them clear.
“No no no….” I sobbed, beating the onyx plated wall in vain, accomplishing no more than a dull thud. It seemed my world came crashing down that day. Everything was changed now. That is the day I became cold, brutal, and lost my view of the world.
As I stood down there, feeling helplessly caught up in the throes of a fate I wanted no part in, I think I resolved to become cold. One side of me took hold over the other, and I was at once singularly connected to all in this world, but distanced to a farther shore. That is the story of what I became, this is the story of what comes after that.

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
I like this, but I also hate it. It's style is interesting but it's very clear this is an important piece to you, and was written with much sadness.

You have my commiserations.

Best regards, Protocol.

Celermors

Celermors

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 32 posts
Heh, yeah, it is. It's also really choppy in parts, I was somewhat upset when I wrote it (yes, I do like stating the obvious). But thanks, anyway. :D Cheerio

Celermors

Celermors

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 32 posts
Two qick poems, the one untitled one I have translated into Latin partially, but that's irrelevant. Anyhoo; here goes naught.

Silence of this hour
Shades of hate,
The rge to kill,
Seize that power.

A whisper in the dark,
That tempting taste,
No feeling just cold,
And I-for nothing so stark.

That flicker which dances 'cross my mind,
A thought of bitterness,
That touch of spite,
No, my heart is not that kind.

Mete out life,
Dealing death,
How to fight,
But the taste of strife.

Like amber honey sickly sweet,
Bt addicting,
That power,
To kill, to save, ah, my deeds.

Any title suggestions are welcome...

Next one;

Einioes

The wind caresses a pale face,
And the roll of the ocean,
Beside the forlorn singing of gulls,
Lends it's voice,
To speak of times past,
And she carries within those watery depths,
Knowledge of places inumerable,
Waves are breaking on a black sand shore,
In silver echoes,
They dance across the emptied rocks,
Sighing and whispering through hollowed caves,
The slate-grey sky foretells a dawn,
And the sound of Sirens cry it in,
As one sits high twixt sea and sky,
With a candle lit and a mournful song on lips,
Simple longing steals into the soul,
awakened by the ocean's maw,
The saea has claimed another heart,
Upon that cool, misty grey-green shore.

Comments, criticism (the friendly kind), flames, butchers, suggestions?

~Mors~

indulged_depraved_lusts

indulged_depraved_lusts

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 64 posts
Very elaborate poems who have. I can see your grief upon the first thwo poems. The sadness is delivered to my soul for a brief amount of time. Brief, but quite painful. Keep up the glorious work !!!

Celermors

Celermors

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 32 posts
Lol, thanks. I have some happier ones, but they're all either random, or a peaceful sorrow/sorrowful happiness kind of thing. Anyhoo, I might try and get a few more up here, need to find them *dives into her cubboard of notebooks and floppy disks*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users