Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BookWorms

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

lyssiria

lyssiria

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:books. i like books... cuz i'm shy. no, for real, i'm a librarian.
::salivates over books::

::cries because she has to read CRAP psychology journals for research and not Lasher::

ummmm....right now i'm on this Anne Rice jag....

Anne Bishop for the Black Jewels Trilogy and the Tir Alainn trilogy (of which the 3rd has not been released :( )
Piers Anthony...I'd like to live in Xanth...just hope i don't have a burning question...
Sara Douglass...the Axis trilogy...if i can't live in Xanth i'd like to live in Tencendor...
i'm having a brain fart now about what other books i've read...

i also like to read the books that my mom buys me based on Buffy.

::runs and hides::

yes i know they're not 'real' books in that most of the characters have been created by someone other than the author...but they're fun! :unsure:

and i've been a book gook since elementary school. i should have a pin or something. then i'd be cool for sure!

:ph34r:

LostSoul

LostSoul

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Ah...so your looking at my profile...you want to know something, ask me.
Anne Rice- My favorite book is Violin...but I do love them all.

When I was younger I liked R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike.

Alice Sebold- The Lovely Bones and Lucky

Laurrell K. Hamilton

Stephen King

Edgar Allen Poe

John Keats

Yates

And many more.

An Ichor Kiss

An Ichor Kiss

it's just a kiss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Ehh, not much of a reader, less of a book reader more of a random things reader.

Though I have read the Alien Vs. Predator Series, used to read animoprhs, finished the Warhammer 40K series a while ago. Then I read a bunch of Druidic/Nordic books..o_o

But since my sister is a movie star. :: Makes a face. :: I read alot of scripts, a hell of alot of them. I've read probably 100+. But no, I can only manage to get comedy and such since shes a child actor. I want Matrix, or LOTRs scripts. >_<
What is left when honor is lost?
- Publilius Syrus ( ~ 100 B.C. )

darkjojchick

darkjojchick

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:umm...i like alot of diff bands....mostly i like jack off jill, deftones, poison the well, from autumn to ashes, smile emty soul, Icp, stuff like that.... i play guitar pretty good and i like to toke toke toke.........;)
jhonen is one of my favs....some of my others stephen king.......and roman dirge's
XxThe people you know are the ones you hatexX

misery

misery

Loves Company

• Members
  • 171 posts
I like crime novels, Tragic Love stories, fantasy.....as far as authors go my favorite ones right now are Amelia-Atwater Rhodes, Anne Rice, and Anne Rule.

irminiaz

irminiaz

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
I only read books on philosiphy and alot of stuff on the myths and legends of the celtic and arayan traditions etc.
Some of my favourite's are Aristotle, Plato, Hippocrates and Nietzsche(my favourite).
check them out.
n.p.nargaroth - und ich sah Sonn' nimmer heben

Vore

Vore

Lord Ego

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:All things the body and mind can encompass whilst holding a bottle of Absinth..<br>
Neil Gaimen
Gary Barker
Terry Pratchett
Anne McAffrey
Raymond E Fiest
Tolkien
George Orwell
Ovid
Douglas Adams
etc...
Please allow me to introduce myself...I'm a man of wealth and taste:Sympathy for the Devil

'Illa fuga rupes, et loca tuta petit.'

http://vore.deviantart.com/

misery

misery

Loves Company

• Members
  • 171 posts
I just finished reading this book called After......I'm paranoid as fuck now....
-shudders- :unsure:

Morticia

Morticia

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:listening to music 24/7. writing. hanging out. bla...lala..?
yeah stephen king and anne rice are very good. i've read desperation, tommy knockers, bag of bones, it, etc... lasher, interview with a vampire... ^_^

Jacque_Le_Ripper

Jacque_Le_Ripper

A case of motor oil, a latex fish and a directors chair.

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Demonology. cooking, photography, &quot;Dark Shadows&quot;. music.
Ohh good topic hun, was just about to start one on this till I saw yours. Let's see I have on my shelves:

-About 8 hardcover books of H.P. Lovecraft. Combined stories by him. Mostly everything he wrote.
-Related stories based on his work by Robert E. Howard.
-"Salem's Lot" by Stephen King.
-"Dracula" by Bram Stoker. (Never read it. It's too long.)
-"Those who hunt the night" by Barbara Hambly.
-J.R.R. Tolkien's works (Simmerilian, Hobbit, LotRs.)
-All of Anne Rice's work in paperback. I have 5 signed hardcovers I collected.
-All of Tom Clancy's work in hardcover.
-All of John Grisham's in hardcover signed by him cause my cousin knows his niece.
-Micheal Moorcock's works (Elric, Dorian Hawkmoon, Count Brass, Tanelorn)
-Terry Brooks (Shanarra books)
-All the old hardcover 1st edition "Dungeons & Dragons" game books I used in high school when the game first came out in the 80's
-"Relic", "Jurassic Park", " Lost World" by Micheal Crichton.
-My collection of Marvel Comics (1970s) "Tomb of Dracula" #2-70 (#1 is framed.)
-Audio books (CDs of "The Hobbit", "LotRs", "Works of Poe"
-Reference books on: Demonology, the 1960's tv show "Dark Shadows", Rice's companion books for the "Vampire Chronicles" and the "Mayfair Witches".
-A version of the King Jame's bible that I got when I turned 13. (Very dust covered.)
-And various books on "Charlie Brown", "Bloom County", "Calvin and Hobbs".

I think that's it.
"London was drowning in decay, .. chaos, immorality. A message needed to be sent, etched in blood, for all the world to see: a warning. In the pursuit of my .. holy cause, I .. did things, terrible things, unspeakable things. The world condemned me, but it didn't matter, because I believed I was right and the world was wrong. I believed I was the divine messenger. I believed I was...chosen... because I was...found by angels.

They showed me the terrible depth of my mistake,... my crimes, my...presumption. I have done years of penance in their service. A job, for which they said I was ideally suited. Now, perhaps, they will finally let me die. I think that might be wise."

"Good luck to you in your own holy cause my friend. May your choices have better results than mine. Remembered, not as a messenger, remembered not as a reformer, not as a prophet, not as a hero, not even as human. Remembered only .. as Jack."

Dragopyre

Dragopyre

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 159 posts
so i've read the first through fourth harry potter books like 3-4 times each, personnaly i think they're very good books, i don't read that much but i used to, stephen king is a good writer too, i think the best book i've read by him was insomnia
If You Were Me I'd Hate You Too

bloodbane

bloodbane

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 6 posts

Yes, I'm a nerd....meh...anyways i know this is lame but im still interested in knowing what everyone likes reading...so please share...

B)

My favourite author is Anne Rice and my favourite novel by her is Blood and Gold

Over All favourite book is....*can't remember right now*

i'll post it when i remember.... :blink:

:D :lol: B)

:P I'm a bookworm too. :blink: My favoritis Robert E Howard and Harry Harrison.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users