Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Music...Is It Destroying Me?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

TasteOfColdBloodedInk

TasteOfColdBloodedInk

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:drawing...poetry..collecting tim burton tragic toys for girls and boys and also nigthmare before christmas things and night of the living dead dolls...but playing guitar and drums i guess...
well really...what ive noticed and what other people have told me (mostly friends and such) people are saying the music i listen to effects myself so much...I kinda know this myself because i will jsut be listen to a heavy song and start feeling real angry and lash at soemthing fro no reason at all...my friends say that this problem of mine isnt going anywhere and probably need to change my style of music..they say it triggers soemthing in my mind making me feel what the music is feeling reacting how it would react..people ask me so much why i listen to what they call "screaming" i just say listen real close and look deep into it the real words are there and ive been doing this for so long with my dad and brother gone my mother not caring about me i jsut listen music to take a edge off...my feelings could change in a sudden flash and it makes me want to hurt myself real bad sometimes listen to oter music just sitting there and wondering off into space thinking real deep like never before...and at night if im listen to something depressing and heavy i start to see like things move and get paranoid turning quickly behind me and thinking im hearign things and if i have the oppisite its like i see flashes of light out of the corner of my eye and feel like nothing like no one can harm me at all i really dont know what the hell is upw ith me at all anymore i cant trust anyone else to tell and can anyone jsut help me at all....

[}D@rK{]Warrior

[}D@rK{]Warrior

Swords are fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:BMX, Programming, Photography, Science, Art, Music (instrumental), Poetry, baseball, football, and too many other dmn things to do in life!
i see what you mean, i notice my emotions tend not to be changed when i listen to music (except when it really sad, or i have a sudden understanding of what going on in that perosns life) i usually listen to music that suites my mood.
If you can't hit it then stop firing, the sound is hurting my ears.
Sex is soooo abused.
Shoot your friends, not yourself.
Find comfort within yourself, because most people DON'T CARE!
Take careful notice that when i say lol i usually say it when something is slightly funny, no i am not always laughing, lol... ooops.... DMN IT!
All instruments need to be able to play in the bass cleft.
Computers are your friends, unless you're in a terminator movie; then you need to run.
Physcology is a wasted profession, but hey... it's Fun!
Hypocracy is sooo annoying.
Everything needs to bite just as hard as SecondShifters.
Suicide is an act of cowardice.
Know what's scary? Is that my signature is usually longer than my posts.
If you spent the time to read all of this, you've earned my utmost respect.
I'm also running out of breath, so I'll shutup now (pant)
user posted image

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

Friends don't let friends kill people.?

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:HvZ, nerf guns, graduating college, Islam, music, concerts, things.
Music should never make you feel worse. For me it's the exact opposite. When I'm pissed off I listen to something heavy and I feel better. Or I write something.
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny
"touching, informative, inspirational, secondshifters"

Vore

Vore

Lord Ego

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:All things the body and mind can encompass whilst holding a bottle of Absinth..<br>
Angry music gives me energy but it doesn't make me angry...The Spice Girls or Hanson made me angry...
Please allow me to introduce myself...I'm a man of wealth and taste:Sympathy for the Devil

'Illa fuga rupes, et loca tuta petit.'

http://vore.deviantart.com/

sickfish

sickfish

eaten back to life

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:my very beautiful girlfriend, punk rock, violence, video games, liquor
yeah, those relaxation tapes get me all agitated. make me want to hit things, etc.

good punk and metal music make me want to get hammered and pass out.
i never found the rainbow's end, but at least i found a better place without you

ohgr

ohgr

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music, poetry, writing, photoshop, gaming, clubing, wrestling
It sounds like to me that you have your plate full of problems right now TasteofColdBloodedInk.
So to blame the music you listen to entirely isn't the root of your anger and frustration. Lots of people suffer through it. I myself have had times where I would be listening to say ... Fear Factory, and felt hell bent on destroying my bed room (which I did at times when I was much younger).
But as time passes by, and you grow older and wiser, you eventually learn how to cope with your problems and frustrations.

Not to say that my problems are worse than yours, I grew up in a rural suburban area where it is mostly dominated by blacks and purto ricans. I am white, and was born with a birth defect called a cleft palette and cleft lip. I have a funky looking upperlip, weigh less than a 100 lbs, and I have a speec impediment.
I have had to deal with the ignorance of those who do not understand my "condition" for years, even to this day.
I have never felt like I belonged anywhere. I have never felt truely accepted.

But to say the least, I consider myself an out going and positive person, inspite of what I listen to and my birth defect. And it has taken me a long time to figure out that it doesn't matter what the hell the world thinks of me, it matters what I think, and what I want to do. Because none of those people pay my bills, put a roof over my head, or control my life.

What I would reccommend is to find some other of form to channel your anger and aggression. If music is making you want to hurt yourself, by all means change something about it before it goes too far. I like to write poetry, and play the guitar. That's my way of channeling out all the unwanted negative anger I can hold sometimes. Heh and if things are really shitty, I do like what Vore does... get hammered and passout.

Music can have a strange effect on you, I know. But you shouldn't let it control you to the point that you want to hurt yourself all the time. That's what you should think about. Just some friendly advice B)

ohgr

ohgr

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music, poetry, writing, photoshop, gaming, clubing, wrestling

good punk and metal music make me want to get hammered and pass out.

Correction: Sickfish said that.. my bad heh ;)

Akylore

Akylore

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Metal, finishing my Astronomy degree, Singing in a metal band, Metal, Writing Graphic Novels, Playing &quot;Vampire: The Masquerade&quot; (Live Action LARP,) Metal, making fun of bad mainstream music, playing D&amp;D, Metal, classical music, darkwave music, gothic aesthetics and ambience.....did I mention I sing in a metal band?.....Metal....
Gustav Mahler once said, "Music is not worth anything if first you have to explain to the listener what experience lies behind it." That is so true for me, someone once confronted why I listen to so much dark music and I replied, "This is what is REAL to me!!!" I see a lot of coldness and harshness in nature, be it physical, behavioural, etc.
My point is that music is a spiritual meduim that reflects our state and consciousness of being. In otherwards I do not believe that people smoke because a camel with sunglasses tell them to. I do not believe people tear up their cats in the name of Satan because Deicide told them to.
Your incentive to listen to music is probably a desire to fufill some void in your life, at least that's what it's always been for me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users