Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

now i have a problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ohgr

ohgr

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music, poetry, writing, photoshop, gaming, clubing, wrestling
I'm normally not one to go online begging for advice or help from people I hardly know. Mostly that's because it makes me feel like I am begging.. and begging makes me seem weak.

Anyways that's not my problem.
A friend of mine lately has been taking diet pills. She says she is ok, and that she only does it once in a while. But think it's more than that.
I want to confront her on this, but she has been diagnosed Bipolar, and isn't medicated. I know how she gets when she is confronted by something she won't agree with. Usually she lashes out and attempts to leave.
But I think she has a serious problem now with the pills, and I don't want to see her get sick or die.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.. thankyou

magai

magai

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 7 posts
HMM that is a real big problem you got there. MY advice to you is stick with it. Tell her she has a problem and that she needs to get help. Even though she may lash out at you don't give up. The Bipolar issue is another problem that she has to learn to deal with Just be there for her it may be that its alot to take in for her. If you feel that its getting to much for you seek help from a phsycitian or her family. A friend can only do so much you know. This is a problem she has to face but not alone as much as you can be there for her. If you need to talk Ill check the boards we are always listening. Take care and hang in there ok
Magai

RoseMarey

RoseMarey

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:I just like being me without caring about what others think. As long as I'm happy with who I am, it doesn't matter.
Well, I had a similar problem a while ago. If your friend will lash out if you confront her directly, the perhaps an indirect path is best. Try to get her to talk about the pills and find out for sure if it is a serious problem or what. Any way you look at it, its not going to be an easy thing to fix. Suggest other options or something. If she has a serious problem with the pills then she'll refuse any other weight loss option. Offer to help with dieting and stuff. See if she'll accept an offer for a different option. If she won't stop with the pills, confront her directly. Any path you choose, you'll eventually have to confront her about something. Let her know that you're worried and that she means alot to you. Hope this helps

ohgr

ohgr

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music, poetry, writing, photoshop, gaming, clubing, wrestling
We've talked about the pills before. She claims she ok, but for some reason I don't feel she is. I mean I could give an example.
We were at a club one night drinking and talking at the bar. And I remember he saying at one point she took a couple of pills that night, ans would be "feeling great" soon... Now to me that sounds like drug problem.. but probably in the early stages.. which is what I am worried about...

But I will take your advice and suggestions guys. Thankyou.

[}D@rK{]Warrior

[}D@rK{]Warrior

Swords are fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:BMX, Programming, Photography, Science, Art, Music (instrumental), Poetry, baseball, football, and too many other dmn things to do in life!
Drugs are a nasty business alone, but along with mental problems, thats serious, I (if I was in your situation) would be quick about what Im doing, like, I'd hide the pills, see if she acts any differently, if she did, if she has become dependant on the pills she'll go out and buy some more, then you know shes got a prob. Once you know about the drug problem, if she is dependant, to help bi-polar by giving her medicine wouldn't be a good idea, she'd abuse an even heavier drug. once you know shes got a prob with the pills, i would do a little deception, for ex: i would replace the pills with sugar pills, and she robably wouldnt know the difference, except that shes getting a craving for the pills, which grows stronger. so shell end up taking more of the "fake pills" (not knowing of course) and eventually the cravings grow less, because her body will become dependant of them, you might have to do this to a couple of bottles, but itlll work in long run. as she can't satisfy her cravings, shell grow very pissy, youll see her at her worst, but youve got to be there for her, otherwise she might become (since bi-polor has emotional lows) suicidal if she feels that no-one is there for her. I've never been in that sort of situation, but hope that my advice helps, I guess the most important part is to stick with her, let her know that your concerned, be subtle about making her feel bad about the pills, but i guess do whatever you deem right.
If you can't hit it then stop firing, the sound is hurting my ears.
Sex is soooo abused.
Shoot your friends, not yourself.
Find comfort within yourself, because most people DON'T CARE!
Take careful notice that when i say lol i usually say it when something is slightly funny, no i am not always laughing, lol... ooops.... DMN IT!
All instruments need to be able to play in the bass cleft.
Computers are your friends, unless you're in a terminator movie; then you need to run.
Physcology is a wasted profession, but hey... it's Fun!
Hypocracy is sooo annoying.
Everything needs to bite just as hard as SecondShifters.
Suicide is an act of cowardice.
Know what's scary? Is that my signature is usually longer than my posts.
If you spent the time to read all of this, you've earned my utmost respect.
I'm also running out of breath, so I'll shutup now (pant)
user posted image

RoseMarey

RoseMarey

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:I just like being me without caring about what others think. As long as I'm happy with who I am, it doesn't matter.
I agree with Dark Warrior's idea. It is a process that the medical world uses often and would work well. As he said, it would take awhile but I think the end result would be worth it.

[}D@rK{]Warrior

[}D@rK{]Warrior

Swords are fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:BMX, Programming, Photography, Science, Art, Music (instrumental), Poetry, baseball, football, and too many other dmn things to do in life!
Yep it is, most medicines work because people think they do.
If you can't hit it then stop firing, the sound is hurting my ears.
Sex is soooo abused.
Shoot your friends, not yourself.
Find comfort within yourself, because most people DON'T CARE!
Take careful notice that when i say lol i usually say it when something is slightly funny, no i am not always laughing, lol... ooops.... DMN IT!
All instruments need to be able to play in the bass cleft.
Computers are your friends, unless you're in a terminator movie; then you need to run.
Physcology is a wasted profession, but hey... it's Fun!
Hypocracy is sooo annoying.
Everything needs to bite just as hard as SecondShifters.
Suicide is an act of cowardice.
Know what's scary? Is that my signature is usually longer than my posts.
If you spent the time to read all of this, you've earned my utmost respect.
I'm also running out of breath, so I'll shutup now (pant)
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users