Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

rome burns

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ohgr

ohgr

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music, poetry, writing, photoshop, gaming, clubing, wrestling
I'm not even sure if it is safe to say what I feel online anymore... but.. here goes.

rome burns
but people don't see the fire
the smoke stacks are high
they're only going to get higher
rome burns
while leaders make their decisions
many are outraged
but who will sign the petitions?
rome burns
and needless to say we're sorry
the king says this is right
the king says it's a party
and rome burns
many stricten with question
if there is a lord,
make him aware they are coming
big brother whispers in our ears
many ignoring the fear
and they're watching
while rome is burning
yearning to learn the truths
access denied
end of transmission ...

RoseMarey

RoseMarey

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:I just like being me without caring about what others think. As long as I'm happy with who I am, it doesn't matter.
Very interesting. I have a question. You mentioned big brother. Would that happen to be a reference to the play or novel 1984 by George Orwell? I was just wondering...

ohgr

ohgr

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music, poetry, writing, photoshop, gaming, clubing, wrestling

Very interesting. I have a question. You mentioned big brother. Would that happen to be a reference to the play or novel 1984 by George Orwell? I was just wondering...

Yes that is exactly it Rose. Basically the poem I wrote draws comparisons from the novel "1984", and todays current events in the US.
Basically I was listening to the radio one morning, and I overheard comments from one disc jockey concerning the FCC, Micheal Powel, and G W Bush.
I don't know if many people have noticed what exactly going on here, but it does affect them, personally me as well.

So all of a sudden I started coming up with words in my head about the situation, and well the next thing i know, I got the urge to write.

Rome is a reference towards the US's Government. I feel its going down, and maybe some people don't see it. Or choose to ignore it.

The King would be Bush of course, concerning his holy crusade against Morales, and Gay Marriage right now.

And for those who are aware of the situation, I made a comment saying that even though many are outraged, I don't see alot being done to stop this madness.

Alot going on in this poem I know.. I don't write to be obvious hehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users