Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Online Love?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Cyrus

Cyrus

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Being the best husband and father I can be. Playing bass. Writing. Spending Money.

and i know what you're thinking....love love love...is this all this girl thinks about? yes, and truthfully...what better thing to be obsessed with? especially when you find someone worthy of that obsession.

Oh I love. I am in love. For two and a half years. Even engaged. I understand what it means to be in love...to know you are in love. Not only do girls only think about it but many men do as well...even though they wont tell you right off about this..they try to hide it. ;) But when you do find that someone to care about more then yourself...it's more then an obsession...actually obsession is the wrong word....it's more of a way of life...it is life...that one person...that...love...is your lively hood. For you to be whole...it must stay there.

or...um...er...something like that.

THE ENRAGED MONKEY!!!

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE AND MONKEYS DO TOO (if they've got a gun)

vamparasite

vamparasite

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts
:) that's a beautiful thought....really just lovely...

Sin

Sin

All 7 Sins, and about to be your eighth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Online love..

I had stopped believing in it until someone special came along. He managed to convince me that an online relationship was worth the risk, a long distance relationship was worth the risk, an international relationship was worth the risk... and considering I'd given relationships up altogether, he did manage to convince me that a relationship was worth the risk as well.

Don't ask me how, because I am still not quite sure. Whether its worth the risk in this case, will probably vary, whether you talk to me, or Water... *grins a bit* I say that just because she knows of the situation, since she is one of my closest friends. :)

My baby and I have had our ups, we started out knowing each other in fact, with downs... as both of us were in very turbulent points in our life, we clashed pretty bad. We did make it through that though. There is nobody on this earth who can make my entire body shake with fury and rage, and pure upset. And there is nobody on this earth who can turn me around from that, to a puddle of mush and laughter, either. I'd be arrogant enough to say that things with my significant other are probably far more difficult than most people's. Again its a case of real life interfering, but on a much larger scale than what could be deemed "normal" -- On a scale so large that in fact, my significant other's best friend commented to me one time that he was amazed that I was even still sticking around, and he asked me why. Why was I still in this whole situation neck deep? Because I love him, was my answer.

Do I enjoy the heartache? No. However, one thing I learned without even realizing it in some of my past relationships is that previously, I had a tendency to completely overlook the negative, and focus solely on the positive. I can't do that, in the end it only kills what is there. To love someone is to take the bad, along with the good, and so if I am consistently overlooking the bad, I have no right at all, to be focusing on the good. So for now, I sit, and I hurt, and I hurt, and I hurt... and while that may seem like there is nothing but hurt to some people, I do remember before when times were easier, and when it was a lot more positive. If I throw away everything that we share, just because of a few bumps in the road, then we had nothing, anyways. And I believe in what we have too much to simply piss it all away over what we're going through. We have had good times, we are having bad times, but I believe that if we stick through this, then there will be good times again. And the good times, ARE worth the wait.

Xxx-SIN-xxX
{Water} "Sin is the epitome of the seven deadly sins... she can drive a man to do all of them."

X_Morbid_X

X_Morbid_X

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Yeah I pretty much like doing everything at least once....I am open to most things...Ask me and I will more than likely do it...Yep...
Sin...You just filled my eyes with tears...That is the EXACT same way I feel about my fiance...I love her more than anything...Even myself...I would step in front of a speeding train to save her...I dunno...I lost my train of thought...Im sittin here crying...You are right sin...Pain is exactly what it takes to achieve pleasure....I cant see the screen well anymore...Bye

vamparasite

vamparasite

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 25 posts
it's so wonderfulll to find there are people out there who still believe in love, maybe i'm not crazy after all...sometimes it's a blessing to find love wherever you can, especially if it makes you happier than you were. no matter how horrible your past experiences may have been or even as intolerable as they may currently be in real life...i love, i will always love, no matter how much it may hurt me...there's no better feeling, and i wouldn't give it up for my last breath.

MalthusIII

MalthusIII

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 2 posts
I had an online relationship last year, but we are still mates so i can't say it's been bad to me.

vamparasite

vamparasite

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 25 posts
yeah, i know what u mean....my now best friend was a heartwrenching online affair a few years ago. but he's always been there for me when i needed advice or a "virtual shoulder" to cry on...*me wishing some of my other friends were still around*. but i guess the reason why we're so close now is cuz of the crap we put each other through...

OmegaDDR

OmegaDDR

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 76 posts
I've met a LOT of my besterestest friends online. I met a girl who is more like a sister to me than a friend via the internet. For those of you who are pansies, the internet is a great way to argue with your loved one without having to actually yell, or reveal emotion, so you can prolong a bluff and manipulate them into taking the blame :lol: I would know, as it was a tactic very widely accepted by my girlfriend of late. But anyways, the internet from a social aspect can be a blessing or a curse. It can make you all sorts of new friends, or it can make you believe one thing, as vamparasite did at first, when really the person was just toying with you.

Pier

Pier

I have a big light saber!

• Members
  • 191 posts
Well, admittedly I've been burned before...but online relationships are no different than IRL one. You can be deceived and burned just as badly in IRL relationships just as much as online....and you can meet the one online as well as IRL. (I've known quite a few married couples that met online.)

dedalus

dedalus

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
Love is disillusion: joy, excitement and lust are instantly instilled upon "1st sight", gradual curiousity and time together create safety as well as adventure in discovery...the downward spiral is in that we begin to mould this person into what we think is our ideal, only to find that when we look at them again, we view a stranger and therefore do not have the joyous feelings first surfaced.......online love should be temporary, we can be whoever we want and selflessly create ourselves to be what the other desires, but like all things, novelty is a phase...move on while you still have that perfect image and opinion of them and forever have fond memories alone, not spoiled by regret.

vamparasite

vamparasite

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 25 posts
so i guess those of us with bleeding hearts should just give up hope of ever finding our hearts desire, huh? living with regret i already have in my real life, i regret nothing about my online guy except i wish i had met him sooner and maybe had more of a chance at a true romance instead of being chained to true misery and in a situation difficult to get out of...so there. if you had ever been mistreated, downgraded, used, abused and walked upon by someone you loved more than your own life, you would find an online relationship more appealing yourself. and yeah it is about trust, cuz heartbreak is everywhere. love you have to find. sometimes a girl has to find love where she can...cuz it sure isn't here.

vamparasite

vamparasite

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 25 posts
it has definitely given me the hope i thought i had lost, sometimes awesome relationships turn rotten...u give up hope of ever feeling joy, or romance, honesty, friendship, and yes, trust....all because one person gets u so down, makes you feel so low, and u know they know it, but they just don't care....but, yet they use you anyways, like a broken doll...no love, no feeling, no happiness. tossed around, and abused....this baby doll is ready to bail. seneca is so sweet to me, i finally feel something...like i'm coming back to life. i've talked to a lot of people, and no one makes me feel the way he does. he comes on, i light up...maybe i'm hoping for too much, but i'm grateful just to feel that spark again, no matter what happens.

yami

yami

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 33 posts
haha what's love? no one needs it..i think you live your life better with out it...there's no one holding you down form doing what you have to do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users