Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NeuroSurgeon suspended

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

jwfrogem

jwfrogem

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:pizza tuesdays girls
Dr Hope is suspended on full pay

A brain surgeon has been suspended in a row over an extra helping of soup at a hospital's canteen.

Dr Terence Hope, 57, a consultant at the Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham, was sent home on full pay last Wednesday.

He is alleged to have taken an extra helping of croutons without paying for them, according to the Daily Mail.

Hospital officials confirmed he is being investigated, but would not comment further.

Senior examiner

A spokeswoman for the Queen's Medical Centre NHS Trust said: "A consultant was suspended on Wednesday following an alleged incident at the hospital which did not relate to any patient or another member of staff.

"The matter will now be discussed as soon as possible with the consultant involved. In the meantime the trust is not prepared to talk any further.

"This type of matter would normally remain confidential in order to support and protect the individual involved and it would be inappropriate to compromise that by going into any greater detail."

She said that it is not yet known when the hospital will meet Mr Hope to discuss the alleged theft.

'Something wrong'

Mr Hope, who is an expert in vascular neurosurgery and thought to earn around £80,000 a year, was appointed a consultant neurosurgeon in Aberdeen in 1981.

He moved to Nottingham in 1986.

Mr Hope was born in Newcastle upon Tyne and trained at Liverpool University, before working in Bristol and in Memphis, Tennessee.

The father of three, from Hemington, Leicestershire, is a senior examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons and secretary of the Intercollegiate Board in Neurosurgery.

Linda Towle, a former patient of Mr Hope, felt it was a ridiculous situation.

She said: "Croutons are only slices of bread chopped up.

"I know bread costs money but it seems there is something wrong here."
somtimes you feel like a nut somtimes you dont...-STM-

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

Friends don't let friends kill people.?

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:HvZ, nerf guns, graduating college, Islam, music, concerts, things.
wow. just when i thought the world couldnt get any more stupid.
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny
"touching, informative, inspirational, secondshifters"

Mannequin

Mannequin

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 23 posts
Ahahahaha! What the hell? That's just plain pathetic (and hilarious).

Ryver

Ryver

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:I am continually interusted in anything awesome. Need I say more!? Didn't think so.
crutons!!?? yesh. all they are is old crunchy bread.... you'd think that as we grow up we'd become less petty.
Take me home.... Im delicious!!

Louie

Louie

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 97 posts
YOU MEAN HE STOLE THOSE CRUTONS! THAT BASTARD! LETS FRY HIS ASS FOR SUCH AN AUTROCITY!!!!!!!!!!!

Society is soo sad.

bleedinglife

bleedinglife

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:Music and writing
heh, thats kind of like the person who sued mcdonalds because they got fat. its fucking croutons. . . (by the way, Ryver, kick ass icon)

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

There's A Wocket In My Pocket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
Croutons?!! WTF? Oh so then I should be executed for taking an extra cup of pudding from the cafeteria? Lmao. It's sad..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users