Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

On turning 40

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Pier

Pier

I have a big light saber!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Yes, on April 6th, I turned 40.

Somehow I thought when I hit the magical four oh I would finally grow up, the heavens will open to reveal the mystic truth of eternity, and I would finally understand Cocteau Twins songs...

Funny I thought much the same way when I turned 20, or 30. And always I keep forgetting that self realization is not a goal, it's a process.

So, here I am, waking up in this cold apartment in San Francisco, wondering what in the name of Luke Skywalker ever possessed me to post my dribble in this forum. I guess I just needed some room to air my frustrations...or increase my post count...

Yeah, I know there's gonna be very few members here, if any, that will know what I'm talking about...but that's OK. I'll cope as I always do....

Elisha

Elisha

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
My 3 0 is in July, and I predict my birthday wake up will be much the same as what you have experienced. Hopefully I wont bask in reflective misery or glory or ponder the future. I will just go and get mega drunk and forget I got a year older :P

Louie

Louie

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Yeah.

Forget about 'being' somenthing. Forget about 'knowing' and just live.

I tried to live up to my stupid standards, until I realized that I would never be the person I wanted me to be, because the person I wanted to be was what everybody else wanted me to be.

Pier, like you said. Getting through another year of life will do nothing to you. You are still you. Cherish the fact that that is true. I know I would probably die if I woke up and had all the anwsers to everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users