Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

...words...shiny little black runes...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

apathetic_concubine

apathetic_concubine

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts
My head really hurts
my throat kinda burns
shadows in the corner
everywhere I turn
I've never seen so many
Never are they gleaming
Always grinning silently
smoking, burning demons
I say its not real
my mind is a rebel
now there really can't be
any haunting devils
but they never go away
no matter where I am
sitting in the corners
stretching claw-like hands
'Don't go to sleep' they whiper
quietly in my ear
'Because tonight you'll fall asleep
and then our time will be near'
'What do you want.' i shout
I scream in the night
then they let out a shrill of glee
grin big and glow red eyes bright
'Fall asleep' I hear
jumbled in the wind
Now I sit and wait
for my eyelids to give in.

-you steal this and you die....
Copyright to apathetic_concubine.....

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

There's A Wocket In My Pocket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

i've got some sappy love poetry i've been meaning to post but i'm reluctant... :ph34r:

Don't be! I'd love to read some love poetry from you!!!! :wub:

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
there's only one copy and i gotta get it back from my girlfriend...lol...
what's with other people posting poetry in my thread?...oh well...
it wasn't bad so i'll let it be...it was good you should post more apathetic concubine...i deem you allowed to share this thread with me... B) it reminded me of some of the stuff i used to write when i was in highschool...

Edited by Enki Anunaki, 30 January 2005 - 09:44 PM.

Kryson

Kryson

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 94 posts

everything i knew is gone...
everything i know is dead...
everything before is done...
the memories in my head...

I love the flow of this piece! The beginning is an attention grabber for me.

Something I've never admitted before... I often find myself half thinking about something else and skimming through poetry, but I can never do that with yours. :D

And this...

speed faster and faster...
unto your death...
the maniacal laughter...
your last breath...

... is just brilliant.

Edited by Kryson, 28 February 2005 - 06:18 AM.

Someday he will be the death of me.

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
you always make me feel so intellegent, kryson... :)
i thank you for the time you take in reading my work...
it really means something to me....

it's been too long since i've recorded any poems in here...
and far too long since i've taken any pics...
the love poem comes soon, i promise...

Kryson

Kryson

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 94 posts
I thank you for writing it. :) I always enjoy coming here and reading your work... I find myself going back and reading the older ones over again as well.

I haven't had any time to write myself. With attempting to keep up with my website (that's kind of a strange statement considering it's pretty dead and I haven't had a lot of time for it either... lol), taking on a new client, and tons of real life interuptions, it seems like many things have been lost in the shuffle... posting here and writing being but two of them.

I still make it here to read your work and the "headlines" though. :)

I'm interested to see your love poem. I've always had a weird problem with writing happy or love poems myself. They always seem so trite.
Someday he will be the death of me.

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
blah....jibberish...

the freaks around you, the freaks you see...
are all just meat bags...
to be butchered and freed...
slide the knife in and watch them bleed...
and help the little freaks grow from seeds...
i look around and what do *I* see?...
dead black holes of eyes, and broken life...
i wonder when i'll be freed?..
when all the vile lies put an end to strife...
and so i stand above you with disdainfull sneer...
and laugh to myself in the face of your fear...
cold steel blade clutched in my hand...
i cleave your skull as blood expands...
to fill the surface of the floor...
and slowly run dripping, out the door...
in the end we are all no more...
just dust and ashes....
a victim once again...
on wings of wind shall send...
blackened souls of life's crewel end...
the end...
the end...
my loathsome friend...
a well of knowledge cracked open wide...
with nary a veil to shield, to hide...
with no more feeling, no more sight, no more smells in the black of night...
a wish born on the currents of the chaos plane...
to be born to feel pain once again...
to be betrayed, loved, lost...
to attack again, to accost...
under guise of friendship, ruse of love...
the hell of heaven above...
a well of knowledge in which you fall...
you'll know no bottom to it all...
and when at last the water you reach...
dry bones, beetle wings, and drops of bleach...
no more...
no more...
you silly whore...
for my wealth of feeling is at last poor...
drained of life, sensation, lust...
drained until at last enough...
death becomes me...

Vita

Vita

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:reading somethin good with a nice cup of coffee to go along with it<br><br>debating religion, debating anything for that matter<br><br>listening to music so as to tame myself<br><br>walkin about on foggy days<br><br>dancing in the rain<br><br>meeting new unique people<br><br>not conforming<br><br>and just relaxing and having a good time<br><br>(oh and i luv to talk so if u have MSN and u want to add me go ahead i don't mind)
i too am in awe..............

:o
die (v.) - to stop sinning suddenly.

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
thank you....
another one, this was inspired by the full moon and the state of affairs in my torn life...

the winters frozen breath...
pulls at hair and skin...
sleep long, but not in death...
the sleeper lies within...

stretching muscles, bleary eyes...
bones warping with painfull cries...

the pale moon rise on high...
offers change within...
pupil shifts in my eye....
silence in the din...

scents of danger close at hand...
tearing, angry, through the land...

seeking victims, i feed...
a soulcrushing hunger...
filling furious need...
all sentience sundered...

misunderstoodgirl

misunderstoodgirl

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:i dont like alot of people and hate stupid people but im easy to get along with but hard to understand most of the time
to the writer of these poems i dont understand how you can be so good yet you dont even try to publish your works. with a heart full of gold you can buy any good furtune!! remember that!

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
i trust my poems and artwork will become famous after i die...

misunderstoodgirl

misunderstoodgirl

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:i dont like alot of people and hate stupid people but im easy to get along with but hard to understand most of the time
i love all of your work you are so awsome continue writing and send me some bloodstains01@yahoo.com

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
thank you all for your support and feedback...it really means something to me...or it would normally...if i could feel any damn thing...

this is the part where i would write something inspirational...something that reflects the inner artist in me...a little glimpse of who i am...normally...

this is not a normal occasion...time has passed...in it's usual way...and i find myself lower than i ever thought i could go...

a lack of feeling...a lack of that substance that makes me who i am...

((insert poetry here))

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
something i recently wrote for my gf, lame i know...but i think she understands what i'm trying to convey with these few words...

dearest porkloaf,

i lovis yew more than: my D&D books...the instant-gratification-moving-picture-box... chocolate chip cookies...perfectly scrambled eggs...

you are: my heroin heroine...my moon over the sun in the middle of the day...my warm fresh bread right out of the oven...my shining infant eyes so pristine and new...

you give me: the world in a plastic champagne glass...long life in an aquarium...quick death in a rat trap...expensive thrills in a cheap roach motel...

with you: i feel like everything...i feel like nothing...i cuddle and kiss completely asleep...i dream of a better brighter some-day...

i was: a man without goals...a cold day without a hot night...a death without a life...a come down without a high...

i am: anything you want me to be...little more than nothing without you...completely and hopelessly addicted to your smile and laughter...thinking about you even though you're somewhere else and asleep...

sounds a little obsessive...i know...but she can appreciate the comedy and sincerity in it...i've had so little inspiration lately...though i have begun to randomly sketch some pretty strange shit... :unsure:

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
i don't know what this is...an admission of defeat in a way...a declaration of my age...very much influenced by this winter...which never seems to end...

anger fills me...
makes me see...
red again...
dead again...
inside...
alive...
it makes me curious of what lies ahead...
as i place this pistol to my forehead...
is it darkness or light...
am i doing what's right...
why can't i feel fear...
why can't i make tears...
i tell myself that i should be calm...
but the things i want lie only beyond...
the walls of sleep...
the realm of life...
i can't keep...
myself alive...
i can't take this shit anymore...
i feel like dirty whore...
i want to know, i have to see...
what lies, beyond, inside of me...

Aphotic

Aphotic

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Alot of your poetry seems pretty good, my only complaints are the formatting, and the occasional rhyme inconsistancy. A suggestion I have that might make your poetry a little easier for the reader to fully grasp is to divide it up into stanzas. With one big stanza it is easy to lose your place in.

**Figured I would reply since you were the only one to respond to my writings thread**

Edited by Aphotic, 08 March 2006 - 05:47 PM.

My sig is short simple and sweet, very much unlike life.

user posted image

StaticGoth

StaticGoth

Jester-X, Leader of Xanists

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Philosophy, Internet, Making new friends.
i agree with aphotic about the stanza thingy
"Do not think outside the box! Yet do not think inside the box, think in a whole new dimension."
-Me

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
duely noted...i often contemplate my lack of proper punctuation...then i shrug, say, "eh." and that's about the end of it...funny thing...i never intended my poetry to be reader friendly...it's supposed to be obscure and confusing...i think...or i'm just lazy...not too sure which...when i get this stuff published i'll put some real thought into reformatting all of them...and omitting some of them entirely...my theme generally repeats itself and i often find myself using similar wording...it's frustrating...

i appreciate some constructive criticism...and i'm not afraid to hear a "you suck!" cause quite a few of these truely do...

Aphotic

Aphotic

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 269 posts

duely noted...my theme generally repeats itself and i often find myself using similar wording...it's frustrating...

i appreciate some constructive criticism.

I am glad to hear this, I think you will find that the longer you write poetry, you will get this feeling of repetition alot more. Haha, I wrote entire poems about how I felt as if I had become a broken record. Vocabulary is a constant battle for a poet. Try reading and writing fiction for a bit, and then you will find some of this a bit easier. I have been writing alot of fiction lately and when I just now wrote two poems, I discovered that they express something my poems have always lacked before, rhythym.

All you can do is keep writing, and try as many unusual styles and formats you can. The more you force yourself to use unfamiliar techniques, the better writer you will become.

My sig is short simple and sweet, very much unlike life.

user posted image

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
be warned this one is incredibly strange, and not altogether a coherent anything...
almost poetry:

an obsessive rant of love towards she who makes me tick like a wind up doll the key in my back goes round and round never stopping never stopping never...she makes me see right through myself like a ricepaper man so folded up put a flame under me and i float away...she's a god in my eyes...a simple thing i can't despise...though she teaches me to go down i never fuck around...i want her...i want to be inside her...i wasnt lying to her...when i said i'd always be there always beware of what i am...i'll eat her up and shit her out so she can be one with it all like a mushroom life...like the beatles that are born when a toad dies on dry ground...like raven feathers they trickle down floating floating round and round...i'm curious, you see...furious at me...i want to tear it all down...not like a detonator but a renovator...i want to build it all back up again...in my image...so someone else can tear me down...i drown...in this fluid liquid viscous life...like sludge it pulls me down and washes me out...i want to be that bloated corpse that she can love...i want to hold her on high above...she's a cloud...and she floats above me...i will always see her...but never reach her...never feel her...inside her...where i belong...i want to tear her up...and tan her hide...so i can stitch her back together...and wear her eyes...fill her up...with stuffed animal fluff...and stitch a smile on her forever...i want to be her martyr...her everything...as she is mine...i want her to believe in me...believe...that i can...if i could but penetrate the walls of sleep and break through to the other side...then i'd be free...and beyond this life there is someone else...and i think it's me...but alas to be alone beyond it all...that is the ultimate acomplishment of nothing...shoot me in the mouth...i'll bite the bullet and spit it back out...i don't know anymore...where she begins...and i end...where i begin...and she ends...the broken glass and pavement eyes...the winter forest hair...and foothill thighs...that warm chasm of introspection...that place of infinite inflections...the liquid blue inside of you...i'll pull it out without a doubt...and shatter it into being...i'll destroy you into life...and save you for death...i'll cut everything out of me...until i'm just a husk...a shell...an empty carapace shed by a creature who has become something larger...and more dangerous...a solitary creature...feeding off the smaller...the weaker...don my parasitic garments of belief...and go out into the crewel new world...so old and scarred...and when i wake from this dream...i'll find you laying next to me, dead...long since passed...onto something greater...while i am left here to repeat my nothingness...to rave like a madman unto eternity, my only fair bedmate...i am only ashes...to be blown away on the winds of time...to leave this place unmarred...unsoiled...unchanged...to leave nothing in my wake but old newspaper clippings faded photographs and wasted words on this network of fools...playing a fool's game...and no one is winning, but me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users