Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"free' trade agreement

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

insidechilde

insidechilde

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:music....punk, industrial, goth, metal, eclectica, classical, folk, jazz, reggae...anything but top40 really<br><br>anarchism, human rights, environmental issues, folklore, mythology, paganism, reiki, semi precious stones, my animals
Hi folks,

My country (oz) has just recently signed what's called a 'free trade agreement with the US. However, when the details are looked into, it seems designed to restrict certain 'freedoms', some in a most disturbing way.

Of particular concern is an agreement to make media content at a benchmark of 75% US content. If you turn on the tele, the radio or pick up many mainstream magazines here, the US content is already very high (probably about 50%). This seems to me to be a rather transparent attempt on behalf of the 'big world media' to control what is seen, what is read and what is heard here.

One thing I've noticed at another forum i go to is a limited awareness in the uS of media in other countries....could this be because they don't actually get exposed to it?....and is the same going to happen here?

Anyway, just a recent concern of mine. Hoping the bill to formalise the arrangement gets blocked in parliament here....diversity of opinion and media content is a cornerstone of freedom, imo.....

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
this government is vying for control of world media...i think bush is the false leader of the masses proficied by Nastrudamus...(did i spell that right?..oh well)...he'll get us all killed if he can manage it... <_<

insidechilde

insidechilde

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:music....punk, industrial, goth, metal, eclectica, classical, folk, jazz, reggae...anything but top40 really<br><br>anarchism, human rights, environmental issues, folklore, mythology, paganism, reiki, semi precious stones, my animals
yeah, totally agreeing there....since when did 'freeing' trade actually mean restricting the information/ media (including music) people have access to...admittedly i'd label myself with anarchist tendencies (making freedom of info. a major hobbyhorse) but think if many people knew the truth about the 'freedom' Bush is supposedly bringing the world, they'd start asking a few more questions

not only do i want my news to come from a diversity of sources, i also want to hear music from many countries, watch movies from many countries...

very orwellian the lot of it....right down to some real q's i have about the whole 9-11 business..(i love conspiracy theories, mind :P) .were they working for al quaeda or bush....if they weren't working for bush, they sure did him a 'convenient' favour in acheiving more global influence he could have dreamed possible before this tragic event. the govt in my country is all too keen to jump on the bandwagon and is therefore guilty by association, in my books

you're right, maybe nostradamus is gonna be right and bush is the catalyst for armageddon....now where did i put me friggin' govt issue microchip so they can fix my obviously faulty 'free thought' programme :ph34r:

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
get this a year before that shit went down we asked afghanistan if we could run a pipeline through their country...they told us to stick it...we blamed the planes on afghanistan but the operatives were saudi...we're allied with the saudi-arabian government...besides all that...sadam tried to have bush senior assassinated in the eighty's didn't he?...

and no...we don't get much radio, television, or any other media here that isn't filtered...unless it's internet...god's bless and damn this convuluted contraption...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users