Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dutroux Guilty of Child Murder

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Integra

Integra

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Hmmm.... I don't know what to say other than I won't say anything. If you truly care to know.... Just ask away.
I saw this on the news and decided to find it online and show it to everyone. This was going on in Belgium. His wife also got sentenced to 30 years in prison for this while he got life. He kidnapped, raped, drugged and murdered women in his basement. Apparantly children were apart of this, now that I got to read the article. TV news said it was just women. Didn't mention children. Quite interesting what the media shows and doesn't show....

Prosecutors seek life for Dutroux
Monday, June 21, 2004 Posted: 1423 GMT (2223 HKT)

ARLON, Belgium (Reuters) -- Belgian prosecutors on Monday called on a jury to send Marc Dutroux to prison for the rest of his life after it found the country's most reviled criminal guilty of kidnapping, raping, and killing girls.

Public Prosecutor Michel Bourlet told the court in this eastern Belgian town near Luxembourg that Dutroux deserved the stiffest penalty for crimes that have haunted the country for nearly 8 years.

Bourlet also called on the 12-member jury, which will decide on the sentencing with the judge Tuesday, not to give Dutroux the chance of parole.

"Marc Dutroux is a repeat offender and I believe that he will always be one," he said.

Dutroux, 47, was on parole for rape when he was arrested in 1996 on suspicion of kidnapping six girls, some of whom had been missing for more than a year.

Last week, Dutroux was found guilty of kidnapping and raping the girls, killing two of them and causing the death of two others after more than three months of trial proceedings that kept the country in its thrall.

The youngest victims -- both aged 8 -- died of starvation in a dungeon built in the basement of his house.

"We will talk to you about an unhappy childhood, but where is the childhood of An and Eefje, of Julie and Melissa?" Prosecutor Jean-Baptiste Andries asked the court.

An Marchal was kidnapped with her friend Eefje Lambrecks in 1995 while on a holiday on the Belgian coast. Their bodies were dug up in the backyard of a house after Dutroux's 1996 arrest. The girls had been drugged, gagged, and buried alive, according to forensic experts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users