Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hel''s Bells, Nelly.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Calethos Verilain Blacksworth

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, music, various random thingies, none of which the least of is writing (very fond of doing it myself), sex, just the normal stuff.
I'm tired. I don't want to do it anymore. It was cool to begin with, when all I really had to do was be there and watch, maybe say something, smile once or twice, and just watch. But now, now they want to see me perform mindless tricks. I have been trained to do these tricks, and I do them well. I pleased me to see them happy with me performing these tricks. But now they're not happy with my tricks anymore, but they still want me to do them, only, now its faster, more complicated. My body can't handle it, my mind is struggling to keep up. I used to love to perform other tricks, some that were complex in their own ways, but now I've forsaken that to be paid to perform tricks I don't like. I wanted to make up my tricks. But not I make up my mind to get up to perform every morning. Maybe one day I'll put that hunting rifle to use and look for Death. Maybe today.

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, music, various random thingies, none of which the least of is writing (very fond of doing it myself), sex, just the normal stuff.
The Dark Tower: 1- "The Gunslinger"
by Stephen King
summarized in emoticon theatre by Calethos Blacksworth

"The Man in Black :ph34r: fled across the desert and the Gunslinger <_< followed."

Roland of Gilead, the Gunslinger <_< is chasing down a man named Walter, the Man in Black :ph34r: to try to gain information on the Dark Tower. He draws ever nigh. Then, he comes upon a man named Brown :huh: who offers food and shelter, and listens to <_< tell his tale of the town of Tull.

Tull was a place mean to strangers. There, <_< met Allie, proceeded to screw around with her, and gained some interesting knowledge: :ph34r: had been through and had even resurrected a man from the dead. With the number 19 stuck in his head, the re-living man knows the sescrets of death. <_< meets Sylvia Pittston, the local preacher, and shortly thereafter is ambushed by the entire town of Tull. He kills all members of the town in his attempt to escape.

<_< leaves :huh: and continues his quest.

<_< happens upon a Waystation, where he encounters a young boy by the name of John Jake Chambers :) , age 11, who had once died and is now in this world with a fading memory of his original life. :) becomes <_< 's new travel companion. <_< hears voices at the Waystation, picks up a jawbone, and together, <_< and :) leave.

They cross the desert and enter the lush forest and mountains area. There, they catch their first glimpse of :ph34r: going up a mountain. <_< camp out. <_< finds that :) has left the camp and is about to be devoured by a succubus. He rescues :) and they return to camp. <_< gives :) the jawbone and goes back to the succubus, because in his world they are great oracles. He learns a little about his future, circumstantial stuff, and goes back. <_< and :) leave.

They travel up and through the mountains, where in a long cave they encounter the slow mutants. <_< is able to fend them off. He tells :) a little about his childhood in Gilead. Later, near the exit of the cave, <_< and :) are confronted by :ph34r: and <_< is forced to choose his quest for the Dark Tower over :) . He allows :) to fall to his death, but not before hearing the tragic goodbye, "Go then- there are other worlds than these."

<_< wants to kill :ph34r: but holds his hand. He and :ph34r: hold long palaver, during which :ph34r: tells <_< of his future, in which he will draw three: "The Prisoner", "The Lady of the Shadows", and "Death" ("but not for you, Gunslinger."). He also shows <_< the universe, which ends with <_< seeing a purple blade of grass, and all this makes <_< go :blink: .

After, <_< wakes up. He is only slightly aged, while :ph34r: appears to be nothing more than a pile of bones. <_< takes the jawbone of :ph34r: for his own spiritual protection.

Fade to the next book: "The Drawing of the Three".
My apologies. This board doesn't allow nearly the adequate number of emoticon uses necessary to post this shot piece properly, so emoticons had to be turned off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users