Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3000 members

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

SomethingNormal

SomethingNormal

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
If 22 more people sign up, SecondShifters will have 3000 members. That's a pretty big number.

We could create an army strong enough to defend a small island from an invasion by another small island.

Which, as anyone who has ever tried defending a small island from another small island knows, is a pretty big accomplishment.

Ryver

Ryver

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:I am continually interusted in anything awesome. Need I say more!? Didn't think so.
so... defend any small islands latly something?
Take me home.... Im delicious!!

SomethingNormal

SomethingNormal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 78 posts
Not lately, no.

Icer Rose

Icer Rose

Master of the Inverted Realm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Check out my website for more info.
So where are all these people anyway? I mean if there are almost 3000 members... you'd think there would be more posting than this...

SomethingNormal

SomethingNormal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 78 posts
There are about 2,500 with either no posts, or 1 or 2 posts.

Then there are about 5 people who have about 10000 posts amongst them.

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
it is interesting that with so many people there are relatively so few posts. wonder why they don't post more. Not that i can say much. I only have a little over a hundred i think.

Edited by Opticallusion, 27 September 2004 - 10:19 PM.

just give me a minute, i'm thinking...

Posted Image

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
If you look at the number of members and number of posts, you will get an average of 10 posts per member. not all that bad i think.
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

Friends don't let friends kill people.?

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:HvZ, nerf guns, graduating college, Islam, music, concerts, things.
Not that many people are as active with forums as we are. Most of those people who sign up and made only one or two posts probably just listen to the station and don't really care for the forums. Or they could have signed up listened to the music, decided they didn't care for it and decided not to post, or signed up and we treated ahem* badly? by a few members and never retured again. It could be a combination of many things. Who knows? What we do know is that they signed up and damnit! that has to do something to our (wateratnevon, the mods and other promoters) egos!
So let's work on getting all 3000 members! Street team members! Print off more flyers! Spam everyone on your Y! messenger or AIM!
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny
"touching, informative, inspirational, secondshifters"

Cyrus

Cyrus

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Being the best husband and father I can be. Playing bass. Writing. Spending Money.
about a quarter of those 3000 people were told off becuase they said something stupid like "Me am Vapyre! Want know others are?!" or "what's up my dawgs...and I mean that as dogs...I'm a werewolf...who else is one?" or they just pissed off the occational Heavy posters or something.

other then that it is mostly that people come here sign up and then just don't come here anymore....hell i almost became one of those people...only because my computer fucked up on me...but hey I am running great now so no worries.

by the way the island is a good idea..."Come to the island of SECOND SHIFTERS and be part of the Republic of Atnevon!!" moo haha

:ph34r:
THE ENRAGED MONKEY!!!

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE AND MONKEYS DO TOO (if they've got a gun)

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
sounds like a good idea. any ideas of where that island is?
just give me a minute, i'm thinking...

Posted Image

Cyrus

Cyrus

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Being the best husband and father I can be. Playing bass. Writing. Spending Money.
just go here my friend...and pick one.

moo haha!!!!

THE ENRAGED MONKEY!!!

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE AND MONKEYS DO TOO (if they've got a gun)

Ryver

Ryver

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:I am continually interusted in anything awesome. Need I say more!? Didn't think so.
Woot Islands for sale!

And I think that we should keep the love between all our... post regulars here... were like a , well, a totaly disfunctional family. Its GREAT!

Edited by Ryver, 29 September 2004 - 06:03 AM.

Take me home.... Im delicious!!

SomethingNormal

SomethingNormal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 78 posts
Yay for disfunction!

And yay for dysfunction too, because I think I've seen it spelled like that somewhere too, for reasons I am unaware of!

Yay for everyone!

Except dumbheads!

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

• Members
  • 43 posts
aww haha. SN you're so cutttteee! dumbheads. that makes me giggle.
tee hee hee.

Yeah. Like cyrus said...some of us kind of went off on the 'vampyres' and such. I guess we sort of take some screwed up prid in these here forums and don't want to see them get flooded with "dumbheads" and pseudo vampires.
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny

Icer Rose

Icer Rose

Master of the Inverted Realm

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Check out my website for more info.
Well I definately don't want to see that... nothing more annoying than a thirteen year old that adds a few zeros to his age and calls himself Azrael Abyss...

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
denial of one's mortality only brings one to terms with it that much faster...

...hooray for SS!.... :)

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

• Members
  • 43 posts
oh it's not all thirteen year olds....we can't blame their age for their actions...there are a lot of screwed up people out there.
*shudders* but yeah. those are the only people we were ever not hospitibal towards.

SomethingNormal

SomethingNormal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 78 posts
It just occured to me that it says my member number is like, 3067 or something. But it says there are like, 2980 something current members... People go bye-bye before?

Whatever, I'll go by the smaller number, that's closer to a monumental mark.

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

• Members
  • 43 posts
yeah that is odd.

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
2993 down, 7 to go.
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users