Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My poetry

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

criesofhate

criesofhate

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5 posts
So I figure this place needs some more action, so here is a poem I wrote. I'll add more as they come. Feedback is most welcome.

An End

spilling blood the way you would spill old coffee out on the sidewalk.
a black hole in growing in my heart.
you cry like it matters, like we all don't end up this way.
silence.

you just wanted peace, i gave you destruction.
a kiss, as the world falls into itself. something tender in all this ruin.
the finale creeps so close; its perfume invades our nostrils.
you grow frightened, i just watch.
here there is no happy ending.
just an end.

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

There's A Wocket In My Pocket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
That's really good. I especially like the last two lines. Now for my bit of criticism (meant to be ignored, if desired): Try breaking some of the lines to create more, that way it gives the poem a smoother flow. But then, what do I know? Lol. Anywho, again, I liked the poem and I look forward to seeing more of your work. ^_^

suicidalpiety

suicidalpiety

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Random interests that revolve around a mythological and literate world. I love writing, reading and art of many varieties. I paint, sketch and role play different games. I have a fascination with dragons and immortality, or at least the concept of it.
It's good. The idea is lovely. The diction is well selected as well, and it was enjoyable. I liked it. But, like the above, I have my criticism as well. Try playing with the spacing and capitilization to emphasize certain points. If you don't know what I mean, read a bit of e.e.cummings - your style is similar to his in a way.

Aphotic

Aphotic

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I like it all, the spacing and length of lines I like too, you make your point. Maybe it's because I consider every new line a pause. Keep it up, you got anymore?

My sig is short simple and sweet, very much unlike life.

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users