Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thinking of a friend in a bad time.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
Ok, this is just going to be some sort of personal venting on how bad things can get for people who don't deserve it.

A good friend of mine ad a medical check-up today and was diagnosed with a severe and bad stage of diabetes. Affected bone, arteries and likely her liver and kidnies are not on good working order as well.

I was and still am shocked by the news she gave me, because when we talked about those things, we expected it to be about 10 or more years away, not one year. I've known her for about 18 months now, and she is one of the bravest people i know, and she absolutely does not deserve this.

This is a little rant of me, i just have to write it down to get it slightly off my mind, because it will keep me awake for a couple of nigths from now on. It's hard to see a friend slipping away when you can do nothing about it, even if it is possible that it might take years before the final goodbye will be said.
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

There's A Wocket In My Pocket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
Oh my god.. I'm so sorry to hear that... I really don't know what else to say, except that no one deserves that.

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
That is horrible. But, and I know some people are going to seriously disagree with me and think i'm inhuman or something, but at least you have time to spend with her and say goodbye. I would rather loose friends and family slowly like that where I could say goodbye to them then like I lost one of my best friends and my grandpa. I lost my friend to a car accident and my grandpa to a heart attack while I was at college. I really wish I'd have been able to talk to them again. Crap, I gotta stop with this post. I do understand that seeing them suffer is horrible also. Everyone has their opinion on the subject. And no one does deserve that.
just give me a minute, i'm thinking...

Posted Image

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
I do see your point with this, and it is indeed a thing you have to take in account. Simply put, it comes down to just two things, first: able to say goodbye, but with the knowledge what is going to happen, and probably with the suffering that comes with it, or no goodbye, and no pain.

There is no wrong here, and i definately agree with you that it is in some way comforting that we have the time to say goodbye.
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users