Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Huntress

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

lildevil

lildevil

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:reading writing drawing hanging out horror movies
This is the first story i'm actually proud of and would greatly appreciate any feedback that anyone could give me

The Huntress

Rachel knew what was coming. First her dad would have one drink, then another. It would keep going that way for hours. When he ran out of beer then he would get mad. Her mother would cry and try to hide from her father’s fury. Her father never hit her or yelled at her like he did to her mother. Never questioned her leaving during the middle of the night, her coming back with blood on her clothes and sweating.
He knew what she was. She was a hunter. He knew because when he had been younger, he had been a hunter also. She had been born into it. She was raised learning how to fight, use weapons such as swords, stakes, and guns. Rachel was by no means a normal 18-year-old girl.
It was time to leave. Her mother still crying, and her father still hitting her. Rachel never bothered to interrupt. She didn’t care about her mother. Her mother was weak. She deserved what she got.
Dressed in black Rachel walked out of the house.

Quinn moved quietly through the dark streets. It was cold for May. But the cold didn’t bother him. He could smell the garbage on the streets. He always hunted in this neighborhood of town. No one would notice if a bum went missing. In the distance he could hear a woman crying and begging. He sunk into the shadows as the door opened and a young girl walked out in black.
He recognized the smell of her. She was a hunter. Quinn decided he could use a good game of cat and mouse tonight. The bums on the street were no challenge. They were always to drunk to scream and fight.
He stayed to the shadows following the girl. She stopped in the park a few blocks away and turned around. He didn’t bother hiding. He stepped out into the moonlight so that she could see him.
Rachel dropped into a fighting stance with her feet apart and knees bent, hand on her sword ready to draw it at the slightest movement.
Quinn almost laughed. She would be a challenge. She never even hesitated when she saw him. That was good, it meant she wasn’t going to surrender easily. He let out a viscous laugh and walked to her slowly.
Rachel moved back with every step, she drew her sword. When he was with in striking distance she swung with her sword. Quinn with the knowledge of centuries, easily dodged and grabbed Rachel by the arm. He squeezed hard enough that she dropped her sword.
Rachel panicked. She didn’t know what to do. Franticly she swung her other arm trying to break free. The vamp grabbed that arm too and squeezed. Rachel dropped to her knees in pain.
“Gotcha.� Said the low voice in her ear. “Thought you would be more of a challenge. Oh well you’ll do.�
With those words Rachel could feel the long fangs sink into her neck. The world went black.

When Rachel woke again, the sun was coming up. She was still lying in the same place the fight had taken place. My father is going to kill me. Rachel thought to herself. She had let herself be bitten. The vamp will know where she goes. Where she lives. She had broken the number one rule. She walked slowly back to her house. Hopefully she could get in, pack and get out before her father noticed her.
As she approached the house she heard her father screaming. As she opened the door her father grabbed it and slammed it open.
“ Where the fuck have you been.� It wasn’t a question it was a demand. This is the closest she has ever came to being hit by her father.
Rachel panicked her father would kill her. She dodged his hand and ran for the stairs. Running up the stairs as fast as she could, she ran into her room. Locking the door behind her, she ran to her closet grabbing some guns and knives. She grabbed a few clothes and stuffed them into a bag along with the weapons
Her father was pounding at the door. When it went quiet Rachel stopped. She looked at the door, waiting for something. Then she saw the ax come through the door. Grabbing the bag Rachel dove out the open window.
Rolling as she hit the ground. Rachel jumped to her feet and started running. She had to find someone that could help her. She knew of an organization of vamp hunters. Maybe they could help her.
Rachel turned and ran in the direction she knew the groups main house was in.

Quinn watched the girl jump from the window. He had to give her credit; most would try to convince their families to help. She was smarter then that.
Quinn slowly started to walk in the direction of the house. Round one my little huntress. Thought Quinn.

Rachel ran up the stairs of the apartment. She knew one of the guys that lived here. They would know how to help her. There had to be a way to get rid of the link. Her mind felt invaded, like it was no longer hers. Her father would be looking for her now too. I need to find somewhere safe. Somewhere the vamp won’t find me. Rachel pushed the extension to buzz the apartment.
“Hello?� Rachel recognized the voice. It was the hunter she knew. She never asked his name because it can be dangerous if she ever got caught. It would endanger other hunters as well.
“It’s me, I need help in a major way� the buzzing sounded as the door unlocked. Rachel quickly ran through and up the stairs.
He was standing outside the door waiting for her. He was always suspicious about someone needing help. He didn’t even look like a hunter. He was short with glasses that always slid off his nose. He looked skinny and unless you see him without a shirt on you would never know he was in perfect physical condition. He had short red hair that looked like it had never seen a brush before and he was covered in freckles.
“I’m glad to see you. I’ve got a big problem and you’re the only one that might be able to help me.�
“So what’s your problem?� his voice was quiet almost a whisper. It was such a contradiction to his looks it always amazed her when she heard it. His voice was deep and smooth.
“I lost to a vamp� Rachel knew right away that it was a mistake coming here. She should have gone to the priest that had been a friend of her father’s for years.
“What do you mean you lost to a vamp? Were you bitten?� His voice was suddenly cold and harsh. Angry.
“Yes I was. He let me live though. I don’t understand it. I know what he can do now because he bit me. I need to know if there is some way to stop the link he made.� Panic was in Rachel’s voice as she was talking. He could kill her right now and the problem would be over. She didn’t want to die though.
“Leave before I kill you myself. Do you realize you have just lead that same vamp to us now? Or did you even think about that? You stupid bitch he could be watching you at this moment. On second thought. I am going to kill you.�
He was so fast Rachel didn’t have time to react to the knife coming towards her. She started to move but the knife caught her arm. She could feel the blood slowly trickling down her arm. She turned and jumped down the stairs. Rolling down them as she hit. She got up as fast as she could to run out the door.

Quinn wiped the blood from the corners of his mouth. He felt the rush of the fresh blood running through his system. He could smell her blood on the air. She wasn’t far from him. Taking his time Quinn started to walk in the direction of the scent.

Rachel ran as far as she could from the apartment building. She finally stopped at a motel at the far side of town. The man at the counter gave her a questioning look at the sight of blood on her. She gave him extra money to keep his mouth shut then grabbed the key and headed out the door to find her room.
She unlocked the door and walked in. Not bothering to turn on the light. She walked into the bathroom and pulled out the needle and thread from her bag. She knew the wound would be clean. He was a fanatic when it came to being clean. Rachel removed her shirt and started to stitch up the wound, not even making a face at the pain.
The cut wasn’t as large as she had thought. It only took four stitches to close it. Rachel took the rest of her clothes off to take a shower. The outfit was ruined but it didn’t matter now. She wasn’t the hunter anymore. She was the hunted.

Rachel didn’t remember falling asleep. Didn’t even remember getting into bed she was so exhausted. She rushed out to grab the paper outside her door. Oh my fucking god. Was Rachel’s first thought as she stared at the front page. Looking at the pictures. Her family on one and the man on the other. She was a suspect, they were all dead. In the picture she could see the puncture marks on all the throats. Her mother’s throat had been torn. So had several of the other people that were at the man’s home. I lead him right to them. He knows where I go. That was Rachel’s first thought before she ran to the bathroom dropping the paper on the floor throwing up what ever was left in her stomach.

Quinn was pleased with the work he had done. His game of cat and mouse would be worth it. She was better then he thought she was. It was always fun having respect for his victims. It made it a challenge for him if he grew close. She was right in the room next to him. He had specifically asked for this room. The dumb bitch thinks she can hide from me. Quinn laughed at this thought. She would never be able to hide from him. One more series of murders and he will take her. If he doesn’t, the cops will get to her before he could.
Quinn went to sleep smiling. It has been so long since I’ve found someone worthy of my games.

Rachel dressed quickly after she washed her face. She started pacing the floor. She had to go somewhere, if she stayed here the cops would find her in no time. That motel keeper wouldn’t keep his mouth shut if he figured more money would be in for him if he handed her over. She had to think of somewhere to go. That damn vamp has to be close. What does he want with me? She didn’t even know if she would be safe in the daylight. She didn’t know how old he was. If the way he moved from what she could remember was any indication of how old he was. She was dealing with a vamp that has been around for a very long time. Which would mean that she wouldn’t be safe in the daylight. She wouldn’t be safe anywhere. Vamps grew resistant to most things the older they get. I won’t even be safe with the priest. Rachel stopped pacing and started to gather her things together. She couldn’t stay here. Maybe she could find an abandoned warehouse to stay in or something. That would be better then endangering any more lives. With that thought Rachel picked up her bag and walked out the door.
After walking for a few hours Rachel found a place she may be able to hide in for awhile. As she climbed through one of the broken windows she could smell the musty odor and the dust. The place was covered in cobwebs and dirt. There was a small ring of ashes where at one time someone had had a fire going. She decided that it was a safe place. Away from any entrances, her back would be to a wall and the fire would be in front of her. Rachel gritted her teeth together and started to make her bed. There were blankets in one corner. Who ever were here before me sure left in a hurry. She gathered supplies for a fire. As a habit she always carried a lighter even though she didn’t smoke. Rachel built the fire and blew on it gently to get the flames going. Her stomach rumbled, she had to go get food. By now her face would be all over the news stations and in the papers. I’ll have to wait until dark. Rachel lied down and went to sleep.

Quinn chuckled to himself as he watched Rachel sleep. He had known when she left the hotel. Had woken up instantly. When he had realized what she was doing he couldn’t have been happier. She had chosen a spot that was so close to his own home that it would take nothing at all for him to take her. She doesn’t even realize that those blankets are in too good of shape to be owned by a bum. Maybe I’ll really scare her and leave some food for her. This thought made Quinn laugh again as he turned around and walked out of the building.

Jackson walked down the street quietly. The afternoon sun shining on his face. He always walked down the allies where the old warehouses were located. Something about the dirty empty streets made him feel peaceful. To him it showed that everything would come to an end sometime. You just have to wait for it to happen. Waiting was the hardest part for him.
Jackson caught a smell on the air. He walked this area everyday; he had never caught this scent. He chuckled as the thought came to him. Just follow your nose.
Following the sent he walked towards an old warehouse that was abandoned. Someone doesn’t want to be found. They’ve worked hard to hide any signs that they are here. They can’t fool me though. Jackson climbed through the only available opening. A broken window.

Rachel held her breath and waited in the shadows. When she saw the arm come through she quickly grabbed it shifting her weight and heaving the person over her shoulder. It hit the ground hard and groaned. Then it just sat up and looked around. Rachel was starting to worry. She moved quickly and threw a roundhouse kick to the back of its head. It dropped to the floor with out any sound. Rachel moved and tied its feet, tying its hands behind its back. Then standing up and lifting with her knees she dragged it over to her hiding spot.

Jackson groaned and blinked. Moving a hand to the back of his head. I’m tied up. Jackson opened his eyes to look around. He was leaned against a wall. Obviously who ever dragged him here was strong. He wasn’t a small man by any means. Yet he was in a room that he couldn’t even see from the window he had been coming through. My god. I was jumped. Jackson felt eyes on him. Looking around he spotted a small figure on the other side of the room in the shadows. Looking closer he could see it was a woman. She was young with long black hair past her shoulders. Pale skin. Slim but in great shape. She was crouching as if waiting for him to do something. She couldn’t have been the one that jumped him. She was far too small to do the things that person did.
“Who are you? What are you doing here?� Jackson chuckled. Small body, big attitude. That certainly fit her. She even sounded like she was proud she caught him.
“I’m Jackson. I came here cause I wanted to.� She frowned at him and stood up. She walked towards him but staid out of reach. Smart girl. Jackson thought. He could see her clearly now. She had large green eyes that reminded him of a cat's. She was wearing a one-piece suit that hugged her small body. Narrow waist, slim long legs. Nice chest too. Jackson smiled up at her. When her frown darkened he winked.
“ Why would you want to come here. I need to know. I hurt you once I’ll hurt you again.� Rachel was straining so that the fear wouldn’t enter her voice. She knew he wasn’t human. She would never have sensed him get near if he was. But he wasn’t a vamp. She could tell by the way he acted and moved. He was clumsy when he had sat up after being thrown. Vamps don’t get clumsy. The always looked like they were gliding. No matter what they did.
“I know you’re not human. I can sense it. So make it easier for yourself and just tell me who and what you are.� Rachel was getting annoyed. The annoyence was making the fear drift away. She slowly stalked towards him and grabbed him by the throat. Squeezing slightly.
“I said tell me who and what you are!�
Jackson nodded. He definitely underestimated this girl. She was much stronger then what he thought. “My name is Jackson. As to what I am. Well I don’t really know that answer so I can’t tell you that. I caught your scent so I followed it here. I suppose you’re the one that jumped me coming through the window? It would serve me right to be beaten by a girl.� Jackson chuckled. The thought was funny. He was immortal, and had never been beaten by anyone or anything. And here a simple girl had taken him. Talk about swallowing your pride.
“What do you mean beaten by a girl? I’m no ordinary girl I’ll have you know!� Rachel let her anger get to her as her arm swung out punching Jackson in the jaw. Her own jaw dropped as she realized what she did. Turning quickly so that he didn’t see she walked away. She needed to find a store where they wouldn’t care who she was. If I’m going to hide here, I need a lot of supplies. She heard a faint rustling before everything went black.

Quinn watched the man hit Rachel. That fool was going to make this way to easy. Though it would be interesting to see if she killed him. He was stronger then her. If anything the fool has made this game more interesting. Quinn crouched in the shadows of the warehouse and watched the fool’s next move.

Jackson grabbed the girl’s wrists and tied them behind her back tightly. He wasn’t going to be stupid and underestimate the strength in her legs so he tied her at the ankles and knees. Rope leading from her ankles to her knees would make sure they stayed bent. Then finally tearing a sleeve off of his shirt, he gagged her. She’s going to be really pissed off when she wakes up. There is no way in hell I’m going to listen to her.
After she was tied and gagged tightly he picked up his jacket that he had thrown. Probably what she had heard that made her start to turn her head. This little girl needs my help. I might as well go and get some things we will need. He heard her start to stir so he crouched down right next to her.
“You know if you hadn’t tied me up we would have gotten along just fine.� He kept his voice calm and quiet. He knew it wasn’t intimidating, which puzzled him when he noticed the panic in her eyes. That’s when the yelling and thrashing started. He looked at her puzzled. She wasn’t angry she was scared.
“Why are you scared? If I take this gag off will you tell me instead of scream?� He didn’t wait to hear her answer. He untied the gag.
“Please I’m begging you. Don’t leave me tied up. He’ll kill me or come for me either one. I’m not sure what he wants with me.� Her voice was panicked, her eyes large with fear. He noticed that she was trembling. I don’t care how good at acting someone is; they can’t fake those reactions.
“Who?�
It was a simple question. But it wouldn’t be a simple answer. “A vampire. I’m a hunter. He bit me and has been killing everyone that I have went to for help. I’m being blamed for the murders. That’s why I’m hiding here. He’s linked with me though. He knows where I am at all times. I know he’s close I can feel him. Chances are he’s watching me right now. Please untie me.� Rachel pleaded with Jackson. Begging him. Hoping he would sense the urgency in her voice.
“Alright, I’ll untie you. On one condition. You don’t fight me anymore. I can help you. And I’m going to weather you like it or not.� He untied her hands first to see her reaction. When she simply brought her hands forward to rub her wrists he untied her knees and ankles.
Rachel was grateful to say the least. She could feel that vamp close. She might not know where he is, but at least she could tell if he was close or not. She got up slowly to walk over to the fire that was beginning to die down and throw some more wood on it.
“I need a newspaper. Some food. And some clothes. I have all the weapons I need if I’m going to live through this. If you don’t mind, would you go to a store and get this things for me?� it was asking a lot but chances are if she went to the store she was going to get caught.
“Alright. I can do that. But what are you gonna do while I’m gone. You said this vampire was close by. If you stay here that could leave you open for him to attack. From what I’ve seen you’re damn good at what you do. So if he got you then he’s gotta be better.� Jackson knew it was the last thing she wanted to hear. It was the truth though.
“I’m not sure he wants me dead. He could have killed me the other night. He didn’t. I think it’s a game. Just go and get what I need. I should be fine until you get back.� Rachel heard her voice and realized she sounded much calmer then she felt. She was scared out of her mind. For the first time in her life she was out of control. Also for the first time in her life she was accepting someone’s help. She never did that. Even when she was a child.
“Alright.� The one word was the hardest thing to say in his life. He was just praying that this brave girl would be here and alive when he got back.

Quinn watched the man leave. So the fool has a name. Interesting. He watched his little huntress sit down by the fire with her bag. She was preparing for a fight. He smiled to himself. If it’s a fight she wants then it’s a fight she will get. He stood and slowly started to walk over to her. He stayed close within the shadows. Until he was almost right behind her. She was listening. He could tell, by the way she had grown perfectly still.
“I love this little game of ours. Your so predictable.� He hardly even whispered it but Rachel heard it. She stood and pivoted so that she was facing him. Her face flushed from the anger. A wooden knife in one hand, and a stake in the other. Ready to strike at the slightest moment.
“ What the fuck do you want from me. Why this goddamned game with me!� she was shaking her fury was so great. She couldn’t even rise her voice to much more then a whisper.
“ I want you of course Rachel,� he chuckled as he said it. “ I’ve never had a hunter beat me at my game. Will you be the first?� he took his hand and lightly traced her face with the back of his fingers. Caressing her jaw with his thumb.
Rachel glared. Her skin crawled at his touch. Without notice she kicked him in the groin. Throwing all her weight into it, pushing against him to push her self away at the same moment.
Quinn never saw it coming. The kick stunned him as he went down seeing her jump back. The throbbing pain almost made him sick. Almost. He grabbed for Rachel with a roar. She jumped back his hand so close to her leg, he brushed it. Watching her, she turned and ran from him. She’s better then I thought. I don’t even hear her footsteps. He hopped up and started to walk in the direction that she had run. He caught her scent and followed it. He could feel where she was. He stopped and looked up. He couldn’t see anything, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t there among the pipes and rafters. He felt a slight shift in the air and that was all the warning he had.
Rachel dropped from her hiding place. She held her knife in both hands. As she dropped the knife dug into his chest right below the collarbone. It wasn’t a killing blow but it would do for now. When a hand clamped down on her shoulder she jumped, pivoting she threw a punch hitting someone in the nose. Hearing the curses she realized it was Jackson that she had hit.
“ What the fuck are you doing here! I thought you had the brains enough not to get involved!� she would have said more except that Jackson pushed her behind him.
“Quinn I thought someone would have killed your sorry ass a long time ago. Still playing the game I see.� Rachel couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Jackson was talking to this monster like he was an old friend. She got her stake out ready to stab him at the smallest hint that he was against her.
Quinn’s voice was shaky and raw, “ What can I say. Old habits die hard.� He grinned showing fangs. It was taunting and daring. Then he coughed and the illusion was gone. Jackson grinned. “ Looks like the game almost killed you this time. Now leave. And don’t be back, or next time I’ll help her kill you. Instead of saving your ass.� Jackson grabbed Rachel’s hand and led her away back towards the fire and the warmth. Rachel looked back and saw that Quinn was gone. It would take him a few days to heal that wound.
Jackson turned toward Rachel glaring. Slapping her across the face so hard she twisted and fell. Gasping and holding her face she glared at him. He was truly amazed. Not a single tear showed in her eyes. Not a single whimper escaped her throat. “ You maybe be strong,� he paused. “ But he is stronger. You’re a fool to think you can beat him at his game.�
Rachel stood up gracefully and quietly. “ I’m a fool and what are you? You talked with him like you were old friends! You expect me to trust you? For all I know you could have been willing to leave just so he could attack me!� she lashed out at Jackson hitting him square in the chest. She watched him double over gasping for air. She turned and calmly walked away. “Next time you wanna pull a stunt like that. You better fucking think about it first.�

When Rachel reached the fire she tossed a few logs into it. She had been hoping for something cold to put on her face, but of course her luck wasn’t that good. As if it was in the first place. Tenderly she put her hand to the side of her face. It was already starting to swell. I’m going to have a killer bruise on my face in an hour or so. She glared at Jackson when she heard him approach.
“Are we even now?� his voice was very quiet, most likely cause it wouldn’t go any louder. She chuckled.
“I guess we are for now� she had that silly little smirk on her face that she knew drives everyone crazy. Some people told her it made her look scary; others say it made her look unpredictable. From men though, they said it made her look sexy, but then, what do men know.
Jackson looked at her. “ Either you’re one sick, twisted bitch. Or you don’t have any emotions. Do you have any other then anger and fear? Don’t you trust anyone?� He stared hard at her. Hoping to see something. Hopefully sadness or remorse for any thing she has done or that has happened. But he didn’t see anything but a blank look.
“Why should I? Trust will get you killed. So will love and sadness and guilt. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to die right now. Since we are questioning, why don’t you let me ask a few questions about you? What are you?� she was almost yelling by this point. Jackson could smell the fear and anger coming off of her.
“ Alright I’ll tell you what I know. Think of all the creatures that you hunt. Specifically the vampires and werecreatures. All I know was that I was cursed. As to why I was cursed you don’t need to know that.
I have the strength, speed and vision of a vampire. I have the hearing and ability to change shape like the werecreatures. Except I can choose what creature and when to change. I’ve also got the immortality from the vampires.� He was expecting a stake or one of her knives to go right for his heart by the time he finished. She had the look of udder and complete surprise on her face. Her jaw had dropped half way through the list of what he could do.
“ So other then the shape shifting and immortality you’re like a superhuman? Damn some curse. What’s the bad part of it?� she snorted as she asked that. Jackson gave her a hateful glare.
“You stupid bitch. The curse is that I had to watch all friends and family die. I can never go too far from someone from my family bloodline. I’ll always be alone since nothing can kill me. And I certainly can’t make someone like me so that I will have someone.
There have been ones that got turned into vampires just so they can be with me, but people like you kill them!�
“Good, vampires are nothing but leeches anyways. How many innocent people did they kill to feed I wonder? Did you help them?� her voice had dropped to a whisper. He was starting to notice that whenever she got truly angry she dropped her voice to hardly a whisper.
“ Actually they never killed anyone that didn’t want to die already. The homeless, the sick, people guilty of horrible crimes. Those were the only people they ever killed. If there wasn’t anyone around they fed from me since they couldn’t kill me.�
Rachel was at a loss. She had never heard of decent vampires in her life. She could remember asking her father about that once when she was first being trained. He had slapped her and told her that the only good leech was a dead leech. That none of them were capable of doing good. Looks like her father was wrong, if she choose to believe him that is.
She touched her face again. The pain reminded her that once again she had been slapped for being bad. How she hated feeling like a child. But compared to Jackson she was a child. “One more question. How do you know Quinn?�
The question caught him off guard. She wasn’t going to like the story, but she had to hear it from him before she heard it from Quinn. “ We used to be friends before he turned. He got turned into a vampire. A few weeks later I was cursed. At first we thought it was great that we were both immortal and so powerful. Then Quinn started to kill. He wasn’t killing out of hunger anymore. He was playing games with them. Like he is with you.�
She was shaking. That was a bad sign, he saw the knife coming and ducked. What he didn’t see was her foot following close behind the knife. She kicked him in the jaw. Once again, Jackson was out cold.
Rachel packed her weapons quickly and left. She stopped at one of the stores and bought a few supplies. She continued on her way. She had spotted a warehouse not too far from the store the first time she had passed through the area. She had enough supplies to last a few days. And that’s all she’d need.

Jackson came to and groaned. His head was pounding with a vengeance. Fucking bitch got me again. It was starting to become a habit with that girl. This time I’m going to find her and tie her up until she decides to be reasonable about this shit. Slowly getting to his feet he stood still for a second to make sure he wasn’t going to black out again.
He must have been out for quite awhile. Either that or she knew how to hide her scent. It was going to be a long day if he was going to find her before Quinn did. Otherwise he might not be able to stop the fight this time.

Having her fire going and everything set Rachel decided it was safe to have a sleep, if she could even sleep. Setting up her bed she lay down and decided to give it a shot. She must have fallen asleep after all since she woke up to a hand covering her mouth and not being able to move. Quickly she glanced out the window. It was still light so only one person could have found her. She groaned and looked at Jackson. She watched him tie up her hands and feet tightly. He sat her up and knelt down in front of her
“Now are you going to be reasonable about this? I’m the only one that can help you against Quinn. So you better listen up and listen good. Quinn will kill you. Right now he’s just playing with you, when he gets tired of it he’ll kill you slowly. He’s been playing this game for a very, very long time. Even you have heard stories of how no hunter or huntress has very walked away from a fight with him alive. You know his history, but I know him better then anyone. So either let me help you and you’ll have a chance. Or you can die and only let yourself believe you have a chance. What will it be?� he stood there and looked at her. Waiting for a sign for her to acknowledge what he was saying to her. Finally after several minutes had passed. She nodded. He untied her and stepped away. Letting her stand up and this way being able to know if she was going to attack him again.
“ Fine help me if you can. But if I think you will betray me to him. I will find a way to kill you. I promise you that.� Her eyes were totally emotionless and cold. It was truly amazing how she could pull that off.
“There is one way that you can help me. In my house there are texts, journals actually. All the hunters in my family kept them. Everything there is to know about Quinn is in those texts. If I’m going to have a chance, I need to know all I can. The police will be watching for me to go there. But not you, since I have a lot of family that my neighbors know nothing about, it would be easy for you to claim to be family and take the texts.� Rachel made a point to look directly at Jackson as she was giving him the directions to her home and to where the texts were located. There was a hidden room behind a closest that her father had built to hold all the family heirlooms in. She told him how to stop the traps from going off and how to open the door. Once she was finished she looked at him. “Can you do this?�
“Sounds complicated as hell. But I think I can pull it off.� He swiftly got up and left the camping area. Noticing it was dark out, Rachel decided against trying to sleep again. For all I know Quinn could be out there. Wouldn’t be good for him to find me sleeping. Instead she decided to clean and polish her weapons. After all she never knew when he was going to come to her again, and she wanted to be ready.

Half an hour later Jackson found himself infront of Rachel’s home. He honestly couldn’t say that house looked friendly. In fact the house looked down right intimidating. He couldn’t picture a happy family living there, but then from what he knew of Rachel, she probably didn’t come from a happy family.
Slowly he approached the steps. Using the key Rachel had given him he unlocked the front door. Totally alert he walked in the house. From there he turned down the hall and stopped at what appeared to be a coat closest. Turning on the light inside the closet he felt along that back wall very lightly as he was instructed to do. He found the tiny little hole and pressed it, holding it in as he felt for the little knob. He found it close to the ceiling he turned it first left then right. He pushed the knob in releasing the tiny button he was holding down at the same time.
The section of wall sitting in front of him shifted slightly. He pushed on it and it swung open. It was a small room. But every available space was filled with books. Rachel had told him that the shelf in front of him would be the one to hold the books and they would be labeled with Quinn’s name. Looking at the shelf he groaned. At first glance he counted ten, when he actually counted there were fifteen.
Searching the room he found a sack. Once he had it full of the books he left the room. Careful to cover up the room like it had been, he left and quickly made his way back to Rachel.

Rachel was standing there when he walked in. She reached out for the sack that he was carrying, immediately she sat down and pulled out all the books. She looked at the first page of each book. Finally setting the last one down she let out a groan. “Did you see any other books there with Quinn’s name on them?� she was studying his face very carefully.
“No I didn’t. Those were the only ones that I seen. Why? What are you looking for?�
“ My father told me about Quinn. He said that one of my ancestors got really close once. But that journal isn’t here. And I can’t see my father hiding it somewhere else. He also never said anything about it being damaged or destroyed.� She let out a sigh; “ I’m going to have to play this thing by ear I guess. That ancestor was the only other one that had ever been bitten. I was hoping to find an idea of how long I have until he gets tired of the game. I don’t think I have that much longer though. He’ll come for me soon and then it’s going to end, I just wish that I knew how it was going to end.�
Rachel got up and Jackson let her go. He could see the disappointment on her face. At least she was smart enough to bring her knife with her.

Quinn watched silently, he loved the look of disappointment on her face. He chuckled bouncing the book in his hand. Sorry my little huntress couldn’t let you get a hold of this now could I. That would have taken all the fun from the game. He genitally dropped from his perch and without making a sound started towards the fire. He stayed just out of the light watching Jackson. “ You’re getting rusty old boy. You usually don’t let me get so close to them. Tisk tisk.� Chuckling again he sat where Rachel had been sitting.
“ Don’t you ever get tired of this game? Chasing them and seeing them in their weakest moments? No of course you wouldn’t, that’s what it’s all about it isn’t it? Making them see how weak they really are.� He snorted and stood. “ The game is getting boring Quinn, we need to find a better one.�
“ Nah your just tired of seeing me win again and again,� Quinn grinned. Jackson could see his fangs. “ If she knew that you were part of this game she would find a way to kill you you know. If she couldn’t she would make sure you were in pain for a very long time. But of course then that wouldn’t be as much fun.� Quinn’s grin got larger all his teeth were showing. It looked more like a snarl then an actual smile, but that was Quinn, more animal then human.

Rachel sat and watched the pleasant exchange between Jackson and Quinn. She had known there was something about those two, but she would never have thought they were working together. It made perfect sense now. Jackson gets them to trust him and Quinn moves in. While Jackson distracts them with his and Quinn’s history Quinn moves in. I won’t make that mistake twice.
Reaching down and sliding the knife out of her boot. She silently walked forward through the shadows. Standing right behind Quinn she drove the knife through his chest with all her strength. The knife buried to the hilt she kicked the back off his knees so he fell forward. Jackson stood up calmly. She walked over Quinn making him groan loudly from the pain. She stood in the middle of his back while she bent down to pull her knife from his back. Quinn didn’t make a sound she suspected he passed out from the amount of pain she caused. She stood and started at Jackson. Suddenly she turned on her heel and walked back into the shadows.
Jackson quickly followed after. Jogging to keep up.
“Are you suicidal? Do you know how angry he is going to be now?�
“ You must be the one that’s suicidal after what I told you.�
“ What are you talking about. You think because he wanted to talk that I’m still friends with that? I thought you said you would kill me if you ever thought that’s what was going on.�
“ No I said I would find a way to kill you. I don’t know how yet.�
“ Ok so why didn’t you kill him? He won’t hesitate to kill you now I hope you know that. At least before you had a fucking chance.�
“ I will kill him.�

Quinn hissed as he tried to stand up. The pain from the knife wasn’t as bad. He was already healing. It would take time though. The knife had been wood. That little bitch thinks she can win this game. Finally succeeding in standing up he held himself perfectly still, listening. He could hear her and Jackson talking. “ You little WHORE you won’t this game! This game is over, I’ll rip you apart!� the sun would be coming up soon so he left to find shelter.

Rachel and Jackson heard Quinn roar in anger. She decided a hotel room would be fine for tonight. She suspected one night was all she had. Walking south she headed toward a clean looking hotel she had spotted earlier in the week. Getting one room her and Jackson went to bed. She sighed from the joy being able to take a shower would give her.
Leaving the door open slightly she stripped and turned on the hot water. Washing her hair she turned and saw Jackson watching her.
“ What the fuck are you doing?!� she didn’t bother hiding herself. It wasn’t in her nature to be shy.
“ I’m watching you what does it look like. I know I can’t get anything else from you so I’ll settle for watching.� The lazy little smile and the way his eyes were half closed gave Rachel shivers up her back.
“ Jackson are you saying you want to fuck me? Yep, your suicidal.� She turned and finished washing her hair. Until the shower door opened. Jackson stood in the shower and pulled her towards him. He kissed her then. It was hot and hard, impatient. She moaned and leaned into him.

Quinn listened to her moans and his. His roar when he finally climaxed. He chuckled. They would sleep until it was dark again and he would be there waiting. Her death was going to be so sweet. Finally he let himself rest. He dreamed of her screams and cries for mercy.
When Quinn woke. He couldn’t wait he left his room and moved quietly to stand in front of the room Jackson had shared with Rachel. He stood there and waited. He could hear them start to move around. There were pauses once and awhile and he would hear their breathing quicken. If they decide to have sex again I’m just going to break down the fucking door. Suddenly he heard a floorboard creak near the door and knew Rachel was standing in front of it. He grinned. The door opened there was hardly a second of surprise on her face. She moved to punch him in the throat and he pushed her just as her punch landed. He coughed for a moment. Then walked into the room and closed the door behind him.
Jackson made a rush for him so Quinn simply helped him on his way letting him slam into the wall full force. Rachel was standing by this point. Her dagger in her hand, ready for a fight. He snarled and let her come to him. She made a slash with her dagger at the same time throwing out her right foot to sweep out his legs from underneath him. He fell to the floor she leapt on top of him. He grabbed her arms and threw her off. Rolling around on the floor of the hotel room they struggled. Finally Rachel reached in her boot and pulled out a smaller dagger. And slashed him across his throat. The wound burned. He let out a roar. He could feel his blood running down the front of his shirt. He blocked her next punch and slash. Then grabbed both her arms with her next movements towards him. He squeezed until she dropped the daggers on the floor. He kicked them away.
She surprised him then. Bracing herself with his grasp on her arms she jumped up, both her feet hitting him in the stomach. As he let her go she dove for the nearest dagger, rolling as she landed, coming back onto her feet. She stabs him in the back. Quinn screamed and tried to reach the knife in his back. He throws Rachel to the side. Her head hitting the night stand. Standing up again dazed. Quinn reaches for her.
Quinn screams as the knife suddenly gets pulled out of his back. Jackson walks over to the side.
“Did you have to pull it out so slowly? That hurt like a fucking bitch.� Quinn chuckled, and grinned.
Embracing Rachel he pulls her close, holding her tightly against him.
“ Of course I had to buddy. Had to make her think I was going to save her.� Jackson laughed loudly and moved to sit on the bed. Quinn’s smile deepened jerking Rachel’s head to the side she cried out.
“Beg you fucking bitch. BEG!� Quinn roared at her. When she wouldn’t he sank his teeth into her tender neck. She screamed.
He slashed and teared at her soft skin. Blood spraying and pouring onto the floor and himself. He drank until there was nothing left. He dropped her and let her fall to the floor. Her eyes hadn’t even closed. Oh well, like the stupid bitch deserves that kind of peace.
Jackson and Quinn stood. And walked out the door. Going into Quinn’s room they both changed from the blood soaked clothes. Leaving them there. Showered and changed they both walk out of the room. On the street Jackson turns to Quinn “ We need to find another game. This ones getting boring.�
Quinn laughed, “ Boring? You’re the one that got to fuck her. Was she any good?�
“Yea. Nice and violent just the way I like it. But next time I get to kill them. You can play nice and get them to be your friend.� Jackson chuckled at the thought of Quinn acting trust worthy.
“ Sure man. It’s my turn anyways. Fuck do you realize how long it’s going to take me to heal after that little tramp. Looks like we’ll have to wait a month. But we can always watch for another one in the mean time.�
“yea I’ll go for that. Oh Quinn, I just remembered, what did you do with that book that book I handed over to you?� Jackson was truly curious about that. He had handed it over to Quinn just after he had gotten it. It would be nice to know where that book was. Her family will really want it back.
“ Oh that. I threw it in a bum’s fire.� He shrugged and both laughing they continued down the street, looking for their next huntress.

THE END

Attached Files

Edited by Atnevon, 01 February 2005 - 12:24 AM.

Aphotic

Aphotic

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I just downlaoded it, read it later when ihave the time. (Writing paper, poetry, selecting classes for next year, and having aim convos.) the link isnt workign anymore, it tries t ohave me downlaod a index.php file, which I think is part of this site.

Edited by Aphotic, 31 January 2005 - 06:54 PM.

My sig is short simple and sweet, very much unlike life.

user posted image

Neuralinput

Neuralinput

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 35 posts
I'm going to read this later, but I want to make a suggestion. I don't know if there is a way to add an intro pargaraph, but woe... that whole post took up most of the SecondShifters main page. O.o

Maybe you could post like the first two paragraphs of the story, then finish off the story in a second post so it doesn't do that. This goes out to anyone though.

For your story though, what I've read. I plan on finish reading that when I get spare time. Looks interesting.
I am the freakiest freak
Which makes me king
And If I am King
i get to choose my Queen
And that will be you, my love
And we will take the moon
So that we can have CHEESE!

ElderDaniel

ElderDaniel

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:ABOUT ME<br>Besides working full-time as a software developer, I'm also a freelance writer. I write poetry, short stories, and articles, many of which have been published in Acrimony magazine.<br><br>I have also self-published my own &quot;vampire romance&quot; novel, entitled LILITH'S LOVE. I am working on a sequel and third book to complete a trilogy.<br><br>Right now, one of my personal software projects is a web-based RPG/LARP/MUD hybrid vampire game called GOTHIK: Tangled Web. This is an old project to make a new version of the ANSI BBS door game, GOTHIK: Better Than Chocolate. Someday this may actually get finished. ;)<br><br>When I'm not doing one of these various and sundry activities, I can be found lurking on my own website The Lurkers' Domain, a forum for storytelling and role-playing games. Right now, I am hosting a &quot;Beginner's RPG&quot; there called Carpe Vegas.<br><br>LIKES<br>Good books, good music, good food, good company, and a good laugh. A like a good debate, until it becomes mud-slinging. Everything can be fun until someone loses an eye, and then hey... free eyeball!<br><br>DISLIKES<br>Anyone who thinks they're better than anyone else... for any reason. You can like what you want, believe what you want, say what you want, do what you want. Just don't tell me you are better than someone else because of what you believe.<br><br>STUFF I COLLECT<br>I am a packrat with ecclectic tastes by nature, so to list everything here would be futile. However, here is a basic list of stuff I collect: ankh pendants · comic books and graphic novels · movie/television scripts · action figures · artwork trading cards · vampire comic books, fiction and non-fiction books, movies, and music · Vampire: The Masquerade books · sarcastic buttons from Hot Topic · fortune cookie fortunes · die-cast automobiles · yo-yos · jigsaw puzzles · unusual bottles · SoBe bottle caps · hawaiian shirts · tie-dye shirts (most of which I dyed myself) · dreamcatchers (some of which I've made myself) · ceramic artwork (all of which I've painted myself) · anything created by Douglas Adams · anything created by Neil Gaiman · anything created by Joseph Michael Linsner · movies starring Angelina Jolie · movies written/directed by Kevin Smith · library books that I have yet to return · email addresses · links to cool websites like this one!
I absolutely loved this story. It tells a great tale and has an excelent ending. Good luck with your writing and I'd love to read more some time.
user posted image

vampiregoth28

vampiregoth28

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
I like it. . . it's good. . . not Anne Rice, but very good.

Aphotic

Aphotic

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
well you recieved my feedback over msn, glad I could help out, and thanks for helping me develope some ideas.

My sig is short simple and sweet, very much unlike life.

user posted image

Hegemone

Hegemone

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 64 posts
very nice...i'm going to have to finnaly use some of those ideas i have now....

cataleptik

cataleptik

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:pissing on the front doorsteps of WTO multinationals

I'm going to read this later, but I want to make a suggestion. I don't know if there is a way to add an intro pargaraph, but woe... that whole post took up most of the SecondShifters main page. O.o

Maybe you could post like the first two paragraphs of the story, then finish off the story in a second post so it doesn't do that. This goes out to anyone though.

For your story though, what I've read. I plan on finish reading that when I get spare time. Looks interesting.

i have always despised that 'put it behind a lj cut' geek b.s. go the fuck to lj.

-
the one problem with your excellent seeming story was that

comes up over and over. some sort of ascii or linux error. don't know!

but if you went through it and took all those out i bet it's excellent. as such i couldn't make it through.

beware of geeks bearing grifts. no one will ever 'run out of internet.' that's just geek jealousy bleeding through.

bleed, geek jealousy...
fucking bleed.[COLOR=red]

lildevil

lildevil

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:reading writing drawing hanging out horror movies
Thanks very much... and i noticed that happened to it as well.. i'll send a comment in and see if they can fix that :) thanks for your feedback..it's always appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users