Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Makes You Different?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

Friends don't let friends kill people.?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:HvZ, nerf guns, graduating college, Islam, music, concerts, things.
Bravo Water!
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny
"touching, informative, inspirational, secondshifters"

darkjojchick

darkjojchick

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:umm...i like alot of diff bands....mostly i like jack off jill, deftones, poison the well, from autumn to ashes, smile emty soul, Icp, stuff like that.... i play guitar pretty good and i like to toke toke toke.........;)
I wouldnt say im goth......because i listen to diff kinds of musick mostly i listen to jack off jill, and deftones.......or poison the well, from autumn to ashes...or umm ICP or something i like mostly hardrock or core,rap....i like rap but not that much....i started listening to it because the people i chill with.....i dont care about what anyone thinks about me thats why i think im my own self...........o-well people want to juge me... see if i give a rats ass......
XxThe people you know are the ones you hatexX

Dark Escape

Dark Escape

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 7 posts
I don't consider myself Goth at all, I consider myself a Metalhead, but of course there's the stereotypical kids at my school who see me and make stupid asumptions.

Cyrus

Cyrus

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Being the best husband and father I can be. Playing bass. Writing. Spending Money.
I am not "goth" at all. If anything I would be more labled as a "punker" or "grungy"...but I have been labled a "goth" were I went to school because I was reading and interested in the strange and unusual...also...I hung out with the weird and freaked out. I think as long as one is just trying to be themselves and not trying to be anything else...then they will never be truely labled...er...something like that....

"was it Kirt Kurgard or Dick Van Paten that said 'If you label me, you negate me.'?"
THE ENRAGED MONKEY!!!

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE AND MONKEYS DO TOO (if they've got a gun)

Timekiller

Timekiller

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Musick is a solace an shrine to me. My fave animal is the raven, an not because I chose it. I'am naturally a deep an mysterious person. Green-eyed devil that seems to draws attraction to this self, without trying to. I Like being alone, but as the raven is, so am I when it comes to my friend's and love's . Dont know what eles to say at this present time. Off to wrk. Best time to grab me is in the eve. I'll put photo an more later. By the way, This SecondShifters Place is Exellent for it's choice in music. My favorite Artists! Aluvae!
I was not the clssic goth. But am a goth at heart. A romantic. Even in elemtary school I was a day dreamer and always being sent outside the classroom to think about why I throw things at all the melon targets in front of me. I have quite a morbid humor about me. I have taken exellent photos of very photogenic people in graveyards, poetic, use to like laying in those fresh holes at night. Converse w/ spirits. Went an seen my share of punk/indust bands. And most important of all supported the scene to keep my insatiable hunger fed.

misery

misery

Loves Company

• Members
  • 171 posts
Everybody has their own opinion of what goth is and I don't really fit into any of it. I had one chick tell me that I could never be goth anyway becuase I liked cradle of filth (or cradle of shit as she so lamely called them) and there posers. I found her quite hilarious. Anyway, I do what makes me happy and wether those things make me a goth,jock,punk,emo kid,prep or any other pathetic label I really could care less.

darkjojchick

darkjojchick

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:umm...i like alot of diff bands....mostly i like jack off jill, deftones, poison the well, from autumn to ashes, smile emty soul, Icp, stuff like that.... i play guitar pretty good and i like to toke toke toke.........;)
i would just have to say i think everyone is diff....there is know same person at all you will never find a person just like another....and i think all them little 12 years olds dressing "freak"....i think there just doing it to fit in....but down here in FL theres alot of people like that i just dont pay attention and walk away like there not even there......ive been the way i am for about 5 years now and i really havent change ive always pretty much stayed the same unlike my other freinds witch say there all hardcore staightege.....people change and its sad to think about it.......becuz ive stayed.....blank..........(altho.....staying the same is much better then changing)

One last remark left

~*~ o-well shit happens, right?~*~
XxThe people you know are the ones you hatexX

PSYKO

PSYKO

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 95 posts
Hmm...lets see...pretty much like everyone else has said, I dont particularly fit any label. My musical tastes usually go between goth and metal...every once in a while a little bit of rap or techno because my friends listen to it alot and it kinda rubbed off on me. I have a very technical mind. I work as a network administrator for the US Air Force, on a base in Okinawa, Japan. I own several PCs and I am constantly doing something with them. I'm also very much into cars, and I worked as a mechanic for a couple years as a civilian. Right now I drive a large blue diesel-powered 4x4 van (biggest thing on the streets over here). As for clothing, I tend to wear black almost every day, and I like just about anything thats baggy and has spikes, straps, or chains. Umm...thats about all I can think of at the moment...do I seem to be typical of any genre???
Its only kinky the first time....

People are stupid. We should throw rocks at them.

Vore

Vore

Lord Ego

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:All things the body and mind can encompass whilst holding a bottle of Absinth..<br>
I'm eclectic in all my interests, musicaly, artisticaly but my tendency tends towards the realistic over the unrealistic 'Disney' reality a lot of people seem to aspire to...to enjoy life we must acknowledge that it is death that makes it precious...a flower is far more precious than a jewel..a jewel may be rare but the fragile nature of life makes it far more precious.

My fashions are my own and do tend to be limited to dark colors such as red and purple alongside black I have no idea why black is my shade there are so many reasons that are likely..

I've heard it said that Goth's are less afraid of being pretentious but I think this is unfair..everyone has pretentions but goths acknowledge, ridicule and enjoy them more..
Please allow me to introduce myself...I'm a man of wealth and taste:Sympathy for the Devil

'Illa fuga rupes, et loca tuta petit.'

http://vore.deviantart.com/

Dragopyre

Dragopyre

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 159 posts
i wouldn't call myself goth, i don't have a style really this is all i am, my annoying as fuck sister and all her little friends think i'm a wannabe vampire goth or something, the only thing that looks goth about me is the black clothes n black nail polish, i just don't do well with colors and the nailpolish i like n no one's gonna stop me so i'll wear it if i want, i'm a total stoner all i ever really think about is pot like next weekend it's someones birthday party n i'm allready looking for it but i'm flat broke so yeah, plus i'm an idiot i've payed barely any attention from 6th to 9th grade, this is my third year in 9th grade cuz i was an idiot and never did my work after i realized that no one was about to make me so now this year i'm doing most of my work just so i can pass, i was told if i pass every class this year and next year i will graduate on time, but it'll probably take 3 cuz i don't think i can get through it all in 2 years i havn't worked like that in so long n i can't stand it, like tommorow i'm not comming to school cuz today's been a pain in the ass and i don't feel like doing it tommorow so i'll be sick or something then it;s only a half day on wednesday *shrugs* i'm just tired i need to go to bed, if i ever get home -_-
If You Were Me I'd Hate You Too

lightisdead

lightisdead

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:sharp things<br>Dark music<br>Being sad<br>reading poetry
Hello, every one new here and finding a post. I cant say I'll fit into any lable. All I know is Im called a freak cuase Im into self mutalation and burning things. Talking abvotu dead people and things. I dont do it to act like any one or be somtin Im not I do it becuase I just feel like it. Cant really call myself goth though.

BonesWWW

BonesWWW

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Abandoned buildings, Abandoned places, Autopsies, Beer, Black Metal, Blood, Bloodletting, Body piercings, Caffeine, Camping, Cemeteries, Cheap Vodka, Coffee, Dark Wave, Darkwave, Death, Death Metal, Drinking, Drugs, EBM, Food Not Bombs, Free stuff, Free thinking, Freedom, Freedom of Speech, Freight trains, Genocide, German, Gore Metal, Gourmet coffee, Guinness, Guns, Hitch Hiking, Hitchhiking, Leather, Liquor, Morbid things, Music, New Wave, NSBM, Oi, Partying, Piercings, Punk Rock, Punk Rockers, Raves, Roadkill, Sharpies, Skinheads, Skrewdriver, Squats, Squatters, Squatting, Street Punk, Synthpop, Tagging, Tattoos, Techno, Train Hopping, Train Yards, Trains, Trance, Travel, Traveling, Vampires, Vampyres, Your Mom.
My usual style is more along the lines of the biker/metalhead look.

:P

shdwprncss

shdwprncss

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:There is too much to even express here.
I am not a necessarily as bold as I have seen Goths to get. I am a bit more natural. I am pale, have blonde hair, wear black comfy clothes, have the attire to dress up but don't feel the need to shock people anymore. I can just do that by standing up :P

I Love Marilyn Manson, cradle of filth, Alice N chains, prodigy, Godsmack, and many more. I love dark sensual preternatural music. I think men who are dark souled , and mysterious vampire look men are absolutely yummy.

Morticia

Morticia

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:listening to music 24/7. writing. hanging out. bla...lala..?
i'm glad to know theres wiccans around here...i am not alone...i like black clothes. i have gothic jewelry. i have quite a few piercings. um...but i'm not goth but wiccan...i'm lovin life...i write poetry. lots of it. and they are really good. they getting published.... :lol: B)

Dragopyre

Dragopyre

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 159 posts
probably my music, wait.. what are you talking about? i'm no goth, i'mma juggalo

we will never die alone, juggalos will carry on, swing our hatchets if we must, each and every one of us
If You Were Me I'd Hate You Too

Akylore

Akylore

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Metal, finishing my Astronomy degree, Singing in a metal band, Metal, Writing Graphic Novels, Playing &quot;Vampire: The Masquerade&quot; (Live Action LARP,) Metal, making fun of bad mainstream music, playing D&amp;D, Metal, classical music, darkwave music, gothic aesthetics and ambience.....did I mention I sing in a metal band?.....Metal....
Hmmm.....I remember someone asked me if I was a 'goth,' probably because of my vanpire-contacts, Dargaard shirt, black hair and tattoos, so I guess I couldn't blame her. But Chaos had proposed a good point, I don't think it's about being depressing (solely at any rate) with bad poetry. I look at Gothic ambience as finding solace in a world that pressures me to become more and more of an existentialist. I've always leaned towards the darker side of art and aesthetics, maybe because it's less plastic and translucent to me. Apart from metal (my favorite kind of music) I listen to mainly darkwave and classical music, I don't really bother with anything else. It feels a little bit more atavistic to me...
Fuck, like I bitched before, I remember wearing make-up on stage and 2 guys asked me, 'Are you supposed to be Marilyn Manson?" I remember going to the Dimmu Borgir show with make-up and a guy asked me, 'Are you supposed to be Dani Filth?' It's just a tough-guy thing that people throw out to others, after all, "if you're into that 'gothic crap' you must be some kind of fag or something....."
But I'll shut up now,

worshipmewithhate

worshipmewithhate

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 43 posts
goth.. i dont know... i wear what i like, which is black, i love good music, gothic, death, punk darkwave, beautifull things... i am severely depressed, but i have a wonderful girlfriend who always pulls me through... i dont talk to many people, at all. it is alot easier for me to meet people online, especially interesting people, humans worth my time are few, i even hate myself... i try to write peotry, short stories and other things, i paint, and well... doodle alot i guess... how talented i am at any of it is unsure to me. well, i guess thats me, i wrote alot more than i thought i would...

TempUser

TempUser

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 85 posts
Silly rabbit Gothic's for kids.

shdwprncss

shdwprncss

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:There is too much to even express here.

Silly rabbit Gothic's for kids.

hahaha
*caught me off guard*

misery

misery

Loves Company

• Members
  • 171 posts
::rolls her eyes::

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users