Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
and wish me luck on March 24-26th. I'll be in Memphis, TN at the Peabody Hotel. At 8am on the 25th i have to give a 20min presentation on the experiment i designed and ran and what i was hoping to learn and whether the results i gathered held up my hypotheisis.

I hate giving presentations and I have a sever case of stage fright.

I know many may not know what i'm babbling about or care, but for those few who may, please wish me luck.

Cause I'm definately gonna need it.

majorly definately, absolutely gonna need it.
just give me a minute, i'm thinking...

Posted Image

Ryver

Ryver

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:I am continually interusted in anything awesome. Need I say more!? Didn't think so.
Our thoughts are with you..... or at least mine are.
Take me home.... Im delicious!!

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

There's A Wocket In My Pocket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed! ^_^ My toes, too. ;) :P

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
You don't need any luck. I know you did your best for it, and you will get trough.

(no "i hope you will do good" but "i know you will do it right.")

Thumbs up and give 'm hell.
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
Thanx everybody. Knowing someone's wishin me the best is helpin me to keep from goin crazy. If ya'll would like, when I get back to school after spring break, i'll post and let ya'll know how the presentation adn all went.

Thanx bunches!

Posted Image

QoIMar

QoIMar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
You'll do fine. Good luck.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have hands to kiss and babies to shake

Charles L. Charles

user posted image

xSDx

xSDx

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:My name is Kristen, but call me SD. Everyone else does.<br><br>I'm a dark fiction writer as well as a good friend ... so long as you're good to me.<br><br>I read when I can, watch horror films, listen to various types of music and bands, talk with my friends, and go to school. Not in any particular order.<br><br>I'm anal when it comes to heavy smokers and alcoholics. To me, unless you have a god damned good reason why you're doing either or both, you shouldn't be doing them at all.<br><br>I'm also very opinionated. Unless you want to get me started, you best know which topics I get heated on and never bring them up when I'm around.<br><br>And, of course, I have a low tolerance for a lot people. It could be from the ever increasing level of stupidity, ignorance, and immaturity, but hey, you never know.<br><br>And the number on thing that pisses me off? People who can't write worth CRAP and yet think they're the best out there. No.<br><br>Take it easy now, most the time I'm nice and easy to get along with. So don't think I'm some tough, stuck up brat because I'm not. I have a reason to be the way I am.<br><br>:]
Kick some ass, Optic! :: smiles crookedly ::

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
Well, I'm not back at school, but I am back from the convention.

And according to my proffessors and others I know who saw me present, I did well. I don't think I did, but they said I did, and I know that part of it was knowing that people here and at home were wishing me the best.

Now, to add more dates for wishing me luck...looks like i'll be making the presentation at least twice more, once somewhere around April 14th or something, I think that weekend or something, and again somewhere around April 21st or so. This one should be easier since I've already done it once, but I'd still appreciatie it if ya'll kept me in ya'll thoughts and kept wishin me luck.

Thanx again!

Posted Image

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
Just an update on my experiment (For those who care/know):

I have finally finished gathering data, and have run the analysis on the data. As it turns out, while not all of my hypotheses were supported, a couple were, and a couple others were close to significance. The biggest problem with the whole thing was the small number of participants.

Now I just have to finish redoing my presentation and then make the presentation this friday at 3pm my time, and that's it, its all over.

:)

And, thanx to the feedback from professors and some of ya'll in chat, if I ever decided to do it again, I have a couple new directions I could go adn a few changes I could make.

But the likelyhood of me willingly putting myself through this again is slim-to-none. LOL

Thanx again ya'll.

:blink:

Posted Image

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
Today's the day. In 6 hours I'll be making my last presentation.

Posted Image

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
According to my horrible timekeeping you should be done by now, and no matter what you did, and what the outcome was:

CONGRATULATIONS.

there...
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
Thank you Dirk.

It is all over!

YAY!

And it didn't go too badly either.

Posted Image

Mattom

Mattom

I know this because Mattom knows this.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Interests:Music, literature, sex, people, culture, writing, software, web design, fashion, movies, moviemaking, playwriting, playwrights, goth, techno, wisdom, loneliness, void in the heart, Village obliteration, Squirrely wrath, my ex, traveling.
Good luck and gongrats... *burns head*
I love mankind, it's people I can't stand.
[URL]YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS WAR

[URL=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/]user posted image

Celest

Celest

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Location:in the dark corner of my mind laughing at all the stupid people
  • Interests:softball,swimming,darkness,vampires,fairys,anything dangerous,morbid sadistic people like me,people that enjoy pain,people that enjoy inflicting pain,people that believe that magic is real,BDSM
too bad i didnt see this post before i couldve come see u i live close to memphis...
[SIZE=14]The Dark Angel[COLOR=blue][FONT=Geneva].I am your forbidden dream..I am your dark angel..I serve no one..take my hand and join me ill show you things beyond your wildest dreams

Hegemone

Hegemone

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 64 posts
even though I am saying this pretty late, I am sure that you did quite well. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users