Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

obituary for Maynard James Keenan

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

massyco

massyco

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:making/listening too music, friends, partying<br><br>MSN: orphansintheshadowsofconformity@hotmail.com<br><br>YahOO: orphansintheshadowsofconformity
[FONT=Optima][SIZE=7][COLOR=red][I][B]
I dont know what the fuck is going on....but im online earlier and what the fuck do i find out? that maynard james keenan has cancelled the recording of the new TOOL cd and put the band on the so-called fuckin "back-burners"....and why? because he fuckin found jesus...what the hell is goin' on? first Head leaves koRn cuz he 'found' jesus, now keenan leaves TOOL cuz he 'found' jesus...whats next?

u know...im not even close to being a religious person, and if i subscribed to anything the last thing it would be is to this fuckin FALSE SAVIOR that is fuckin ruining everything...what the hell is the point? believing in something that is really there, yet at the same time it is? that makes no fuckin sense to me at all...all these fuckin people are doing is ruining their damn lives....Head thinks hes gonna make it by fuckin leaving koRn to make solo christian music? fucking a...all he did is fuckin start the slow but sure ruin of his life...and now Keenan...the fuckin modern day pink floyd...a fuckin rock revolutionary...decides to pull the same type of shit...

keenan is dead...just like head, he has started the slow but sure decay of his life and took a major fuckin burn on his rep as arguably being one of the most progressive and best vocalist/frontmen of all time...and why?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
~*~*~because of his fuckin FALSE SAVIOR~*~*~

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
WHATWHATWHAT?!!!
:(

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!
YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING!!!!

ohgr

ohgr

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music, poetry, writing, photoshop, gaming, clubing, wrestling

u know...im not even close to being a religious person, and if i subscribed to anything the last thing it would be is to this fuckin FALSE SAVIOR that is fuckin ruining everything...what the hell is the point? believing in something that is really there, yet at the same time it is? that makes no fuckin sense to me at all...all these fuckin people are doing is ruining their damn lives....

I understand your anger and all about this. But people change dude. Some people find faith. Some people don't. And I don't have a problem with people finding something that comforts them, and gives them some sense of security. Even if I find that sense of security to be false. So what?

And to say people are ruining their lives because they've found Jesus is a bit of understatement. I know of plenty of people who actually DO BETTER with their new found faith, than they did before hand. Like Drug Addicts finding Christ. Great! It's gets them off the fucking drugs. Nothing wrong with that.

What you are witnessing is the social, morale, cleansing of America. I think everyone can agree that after 9/11, people began looking at themselves inside, trying to find themselves I guess. Trying to make sense out the mess of their lives, their addictions, their demons. And whether you agree with what the Bible stands for or not, the Bible in a tiniest fraction, can be a life savor. It's a Guide, if you will. There are good morale lessons in it. Not everyone will agree with them, but some will find a gem or two that maybe they never gave much thought to in the past.

I argue about that because even though I'm not a Hardcore Loving Christian, I do happen to have some good values, taken from the Bible.
And yes I do believe there is something out there, that just maybe, brought this world about. It be conceited to believe that we just popped out of no where, and to think we're the ONLY intelligent things in the universe, without a Master.

I can never escape from my Christian past because it was pumped into my veins and heart at a very early age in my life. So yes I believe in a God. Without that, I'd be ultimately alone. Just a scientistic statistic on a chart with Random Molecules, and Atoms. And when you die, you become nothing.. as if you never existed... and that's a thought I don't like lol. So I need something to believe in every now and then.

BleedingWolf

BleedingWolf

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Why waste my time with something no ones going to read? Exactly.
*jaw drop* :ph34r: You've got to be kidding me! Maynard cant change! He stood for everything i believed in, and now its... GOD? *groan* Thats it. No more wearing a TOOL Hoodie for me... No more TOOL shirts, its all goin' on e-bay i tell ye!

*sighs* Long live Tool?

Hopefully he comes to his senses and realizes that he just got himself in a trap.. or maybe.. maybe its just a phase. Thats it..

... I swear, i'm not in denial. :blink:

alternate_heaven

alternate_heaven

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Guitar, All things Metal, Shamanism, Sleep
It wouldnt be such a big deal if people like Welch and Keenan continued to make music, but somehow in conversion they decide they are too good for the rest of the band, or just dont fit in anymore, or dont like the band for whatever reason, and thats what pisses people off. Why must this conversion include shunning all that you have around you? Doesnt seem like a very christian thing to turn your back on you band mates (who often are more like friends and family)?

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if somewhere deep down this is connected to the one and only Jerry Falwell, who would like nothing more than to recruit such people to his flock and at the same time deal a blow to all the crowds he so proudly admits to hate and detest?

ProjectX

ProjectX

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:none....
Ok to start im a big tool fan and i own every tool album except salival. and Umm... im christian so i dont know if my oppinion would count here or not but just for the record im in 2 death metal bands and 1 electronic band and none not a one of them have anything to do with god. granted getting faith takes time. and many people belive that religion should come before music but if you were true fans you would be happy that he finally found something that makes him happy, and not bitch because he put it aside for now. he didnt quit tool he just postponed the new album. Big deal we've waited before so we will wait again.

sorry i dont want to piss any one off or anything i just think its fucked up that you would hate on maynard your one time idol because he had a change of faith....

But i dunno... any way... i think ive said my peice...

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

There's A Wocket In My Pocket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
That whole thing isn't true. It's already been confirmed in three different radio stations that it was just a joke.

And if giving me back my hope was another joke, I'm gonna strangle somebody.

BleedingWolf

BleedingWolf

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Why waste my time with something no ones going to read? Exactly.
Thank god it was a joke. You got my panties in a twist! XD

acidsystemsex

acidsystemsex

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Writing Music, Dark Industrial mainly.
That was one bastard of a joke, I think I need resucitating, my heart just kind of stopped. Although, it brings us to another point, what is it with head quitting korn for jesus!?

Mattom

Mattom

I know this because Mattom knows this.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Interests:Music, literature, sex, people, culture, writing, software, web design, fashion, movies, moviemaking, playwriting, playwrights, goth, techno, wisdom, loneliness, void in the heart, Village obliteration, Squirrely wrath, my ex, traveling.
I am a Tool Fan and I was about to load up a Remington double-barrel and go out killing random pedestrians as a way to demonstrate my insatisfaction.
I love mankind, it's people I can't stand.
[URL]YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS WAR

[URL=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/]user posted image

robot

robot

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:technology, anime, drawing, politics and conspiracies, pretty much everything cyber, dark stuff
Eh, the whole religion thing is there just to give people hope in this cruel world of ours...it'd be ok if he found Jesus, but why all of a sudden leave the band...
The junkyard whispers my name...again and again
Q. Are you going to Hell?
A. Are we there yet? I've gotta pee pee.

Project 6209 - Industrial/Electronica/Alternative straight from Chicago
Project 6209 @ Myspace.com
Project 6209 @ Last.fm
Project 6209 @ Facebook
maschinetheist on DeviantArt

Sin

Sin

All 7 Sins, and about to be your eighth

• Members
  • 219 posts
Okay, I've gotta play the devils advocate here (as usual) somewhat...

We all live our lives for ourselves, we all "don't care" what others think about us, we all try to promote self health & happiness and whatnot, living the way we do for 'our own' reasons, and not because anybody else tells us to.

Just because stars are in the limelight, doesn't make them exempt from this... they have the right to make decisions for what they feel is right for them. They have the right to live their lives, to the way they decide they want to... yes they're in the limelight and we should all love & cherish that they shared themselves with so many, but the sharing does not mean that they should live -for- those many. If they did that, they'd be fucking societal conformist bullshitters, and there's far too many of those around as it is.

So... if great musicians want to totally change their life path, and it is for personal reasons, and not because the public demand asks for it... then I think that is awesome & fully support them. :)

xoxox
{Water} "Sin is the epitome of the seven deadly sins... she can drive a man to do all of them."

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
i'll reiterate my "angel's advocacy"...there is no excuse for idiocy...when someone professes for years a certain sort of way of being...and then they do an about face...for no apparent reason...my respect for them as a sentient and freewilled being is greatly diminished...hold true to your CONVICTIONS... <_<

robot

robot

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:technology, anime, drawing, politics and conspiracies, pretty much everything cyber, dark stuff
Meh over the years of blasphemy and sudden turn around isn't going to get him to heaven so quickly...Baby Jesus is way too smart for that...
The junkyard whispers my name...again and again
Q. Are you going to Hell?
A. Are we there yet? I've gotta pee pee.

Project 6209 - Industrial/Electronica/Alternative straight from Chicago
Project 6209 @ Myspace.com
Project 6209 @ Last.fm
Project 6209 @ Facebook
maschinetheist on DeviantArt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users