Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fire alarms

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
ok..I don't have class till 11 am on today. So I was planning to sleep till like, 9 or so. Well, that didn't happen. At about 7:30am something wakes me up. The first thought through my mind was "That had better not be what i think it is"...but yes, it was. Our fire alarms were going off. I live on the 8th floor, top of the building...which means that less than a minute after waking up i had to find my keys, my id and a pair of shoes, and walk quickly down 8 floors worth of stairs...surrounding me all on our way down were girls in pajamas, girls who had to abandon the shower, girls who were almost but not quite ready to go to class...so then, we're all standing outside wondering what set the alarms off this time, how long we may be out there, etc, and this older gentleman is walks by (i think he may be a professor here) and I hear him remark "Wow...this made my morning"

So now I'm awake before I had to be...still tired of course... :blink:
just give me a minute, i'm thinking...

Posted Image

SPyKE

SPyKE

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Body art/Modification.<br>Reading.<br>Being a [Helper] on Aardwolf MUD.<br>Ranting.<br>Skittles.
Damn it!!

You deserve an extra long sleep in sometime....
And get yourself some nibbleables for your trouble too...

That happens to me with phone calls...Often when mum is out..and I am still in bed..at midday....

The phone rings...

And by the time I get there...It fucking stops....

Then I go back to bed.....

It rings again when I have almost finally gotten back to sleep...

It turns out to be someone that sounds like they are from Hong Kong....Selling me crap that I don't want....

Not the same I know...But still annoying ....
Wouldn't it be an arse if someone decided to play a prank and do that?

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
i hate phones in general...don't know why, but I do. So whether i'm awake or asleep, if it rings (unless i'm expecting a call), it's annoying. And living in a dorm, we get prank calls every once in a while..tho not as often now that we have free caller id...lol. Can't say as I didn't do a couple of those to my friends back when i was a frosh...but yeah, still annoying as crap.

Posted Image

SPyKE

SPyKE

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Body art/Modification.<br>Reading.<br>Being a [Helper] on Aardwolf MUD.<br>Ranting.<br>Skittles.
Indeed

The sound of a phone going off is always so intrusive...

And DON'T get me started about mobile phones......They are the scourge of humanity!!!

robot

robot

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:technology, anime, drawing, politics and conspiracies, pretty much everything cyber, dark stuff
They're nothing but a disease. They fry the brains and make everyone stupid. I can't believe that there are people that can't live without them (like 95% of people at my school).

But then yet, what would I do without the internet....
The junkyard whispers my name...again and again
Q. Are you going to Hell?
A. Are we there yet? I've gotta pee pee.

Project 6209 - Industrial/Electronica/Alternative straight from Chicago
Project 6209 @ Myspace.com
Project 6209 @ Last.fm
Project 6209 @ Facebook
maschinetheist on DeviantArt

SPyKE

SPyKE

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 87 posts
Well...
You can justify the net..Cuz you can learn from it...

If you have a random question....Like who invented the first button?

Get on the net...Google it...And Trorg! You have learned something....

With a mobile phone...It's talking shit to people you probably don't even like..Anywhere on earth...
With really really annoying ringtones....
And text messaging...

"Wut r u up 2?"

And such....

It's all very well and good for people who have them and enjoy doing this.....but don't call me a freak because I don't...

I'd rather talk into a Fire alarm....I'd get a more entertaining conversation out of it....

Because of where I live.....Some people want to make it law to have fire alarms in the house.....
But I can't do this...because my mum smokes.....And I have incense going at any given time of day....

Sure..it would be law to have the smoke alarms installed....But how about making a law about having the batteries kept in :)

Mattom

Mattom

I know this because Mattom knows this.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Interests:Music, literature, sex, people, culture, writing, software, web design, fashion, movies, moviemaking, playwriting, playwrights, goth, techno, wisdom, loneliness, void in the heart, Village obliteration, Squirrely wrath, my ex, traveling.
Who am I kidding, I would do that too! Set the alarms off to see half naked girls run down the stairs and stand in front of their building looking stupidy for a fire that isn't there, there is a defintite bent and obvious appeal in it.

PH34R DHA NEENJAH!!!! :ph34r:
I love mankind, it's people I can't stand.
[URL]YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS WAR

[URL=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/]user posted image

Hegemone

Hegemone

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 64 posts
Mattom, what a twisted use for a safety device....although it is a good idea...

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
you guys are horrible!

think of the damage you could do...8 flights of stairs when you're half asleep is a dangerous feat.

Posted Image

robot

robot

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:technology, anime, drawing, politics and conspiracies, pretty much everything cyber, dark stuff
Yeah but we're going to see flying boobs....FLYINNGGG BOOOOBSSS!!! And you don't see that everyday, do you?

PS: If you do, remember to take some pics and post them online.
The junkyard whispers my name...again and again
Q. Are you going to Hell?
A. Are we there yet? I've gotta pee pee.

Project 6209 - Industrial/Electronica/Alternative straight from Chicago
Project 6209 @ Myspace.com
Project 6209 @ Last.fm
Project 6209 @ Facebook
maschinetheist on DeviantArt

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
omg. I don't even think so!

Posted Image

SPyKE

SPyKE

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 87 posts
Did someone say boobs?!

I'm more of a belly person myself actually...

I wouldn't want to startle people while they are at risk of falling down stairs and all....

Why can't they all voluntarily run out safely half naked out of their rooms?

T'would be a thing of beauty it would....

Hmmmm.....But I guess fire alarms could also be of use at excellent buffets and such...Set one off..and you've got the entire place to yourself!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users