Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The car that makes its own fuel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

NeverBorn

NeverBorn

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Well, I'm big into psychology and science (especialy Quantum Mechanics) and I'm quite fond of the occational debate. Also demons, solipsism, transhumanism, sexuality, morals/ethics.
An Israeli company may have found a way to solve the major problems that have been hampering Hydrogen car development to date, mainly the facts that hydrogen does not store well at extremely low temperatures (the most advanced model I've heard of to date could only perform in temperatures no lower than -20, which just isn't enough for Canadians like me, or even the some northern reaches of Europe), and the fact that they have yet to find a way to store enough Hydrogen on a vehicle to give it a viable enough driving distance between refueling.

The solution they've come across? Using light weight wires such as Magnesium and Aluminum that can be used to make hydrogen on the fly when combined with boiling water.

The full article can be found here:
http://www.isracast.com/tech_news/231005_tech.htm

So what do you think, can you picture yourself driving up to the fuel stating and ordering a coil of Magnesium in the future? How practice do you think this is?
"You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration" - James Allen

lucifersrighthand

lucifersrighthand

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Traditional Satanism, writing, drawing/painting, music, books
I hope not, I'll stick with my truck that only gets 5mpg, than to have to buy a vehical that is hydrogen powered. That still doesn’t solve the problem with running out of the fuel. What happens when you run out of those metals? And I don’t believe it will coast the same as a regular vehical maybe a new Mercedes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users