Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Talking Elmo Book Asks 'Who Wants To Die?'

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
A mother in Dallas is one of several parents complaining about a new interactive book for toddlers in which Sesame Street character Elmo asks "who wants to die?" according to a Local 6 News report.

Family members said 16-month-old Miranda Boll's new book, "Potty Time With Elmo," was supposed to teach an interactive lesson using voice commands.

However, when the book's buttons are pressed, it reportedly says something it is not supposed to -- "who wants to die?"

"It's a sick joke," mother Angela Bolls said. "If it's a joke then it's a bad one, you know? And it's not necessary. It's inappropriate."

Bolls said she checked another copy of the same book and found that it says something completely different; "Who wants to try to go potty?"

The company that makes the book said it has had several complaints concerning the book, according to the report.

Source: Local6.com
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
Paint it black and sell it as a goth collectors item.

I think most of the books will be reurned so when you keep an original "die" elmo, it will be worth quite a lot in a while.
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • Interests:oh so many to choose from<br>umm<br>boobies?
this makes me think of the talking stitch that I got Sy...
you say stuff to it and it replies....
well..I found out that if you say fuck you...it says "I love you too"

hehe
X32 1AR0
user posted image

~distorted_spick~

~distorted_spick~

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:doing whatever the hell i want
i think thats hilarious, i would buy that book. the mother shouldnt even complain because the daughter wont even remember what the book said a day from now.

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
i think that's rediculous and hilarious at the same time... :lol:

Chattur'gha

Chattur'gha

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in latin, books, motorcycles, poetry, and numerous other things.
Very, very, funny. It's almost as funny as the elmo T-shirt where he has an AK-47.
Sint mihi dei acherontis propitii, valeat numen triplex Jehovae, ignei areii, aquantani spiritus salvete: orientis princeps Belzebub, inferni ardentis monarcha et demigorgon, propitiamus vos, ut appareat, et surgat Mephostophilis...

quod tumeraris: per Jehovam, gehnnam, et consecratam aquam quam nunc spargo; signumque crucis quod nunc facio; et per vota nostra ipse nunc surgat nobis dicatus Mephostophils!!!
-The Summoning Satan Scene of Faust

What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.
-Sephiroth

When you choose not to give in with all of your being that is when you truly transcend your humanity.
-Arucard

The Unspeakable
Yggdrasil
Beastmaster
The Great Sephiroth
Dark Messenger
The Unborn
Wolfen

Qryztufre

Qryztufre

Daisy-Head Maizie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Making the world a better place one smile at a time.
Mommy can I have Aneurysm Elmo for Christmas....PLEASE!!!!

My granddauther has that little triangle headed monster pupet that says "i'm gay" or something like that...

heh..., as if I knew what I was talking about *shrug*

settei

settei

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
It could have just been confusion. "Who wants to die" sounds similar to "Who wants to try". But deep down I hope I'm Wrong...

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

Hell_In_Your_Eyes

There's A Wocket In My Pocket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
I find that hilarious but it terrifies me at the same time because all my life I have never trusted Sesame Street, much less Elmo. Actually, any talking, fuzzy toy/character scares the shit out of me. I'm not sure why. o___o However, I'd love to have a copy of that book, haha. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users