Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adult Swim fans

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Location:Stepping off my porch and into my santuary. The night's embrace.
  • Interests:The Tarot, the Oracle, Various types of metal, older rock (nothing after 1996) Techno, some rap, (Young Jeezy's Recession is my shit) the paranormal, anime, reading and writing.
Are there any adult swim fans in here? if so what is your favorite show?
I walk the path of Darkness, people say I'm evil for it, I say they are wrong.
Light and Dark by themselves are neutral entities, sure good generally chooses the light, while evil generally chooses the dark. However, it is not the path you walk, but how you walk it. It is not the power you weild, but how you weild it.

Chattur'gha

Chattur'gha

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in latin, books, motorcycles, poetry, and numerous other things.
I am a huge fan of adult swim.

These are my favorite shows,

Full Metal Alchemist
Family Guy
Samurai Champloo
Ghost in the Shell
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
S-CRY-ed
The Boondocks
American Dad
Evangelion
Big O
Sint mihi dei acherontis propitii, valeat numen triplex Jehovae, ignei areii, aquantani spiritus salvete: orientis princeps Belzebub, inferni ardentis monarcha et demigorgon, propitiamus vos, ut appareat, et surgat Mephostophilis...

quod tumeraris: per Jehovam, gehnnam, et consecratam aquam quam nunc spargo; signumque crucis quod nunc facio; et per vota nostra ipse nunc surgat nobis dicatus Mephostophils!!!
-The Summoning Satan Scene of Faust

What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.
-Sephiroth

When you choose not to give in with all of your being that is when you truly transcend your humanity.
-Arucard

The Unspeakable
Yggdrasil
Beastmaster
The Great Sephiroth
Dark Messenger
The Unborn
Wolfen

ValgadisRTBH

ValgadisRTBH

Bartholemew and the Oobleck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Interests:Music of nearly every genre.
Don't get much chance to watch Adult Swim anymore but I still like some of the shows they play. Full Metal Alchemist is EXCELLENT... but alas I was ruined with the original japanese dubbing and cant bear to hear it in english (yes it's THAT much better imo). Love Family Guy and Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex too. Dunno if it's just me or what though, Boondocks just doesn't do it for me. Seems everyone else raves about it but meh... ::shrugs::
Reason and Logic are my Sword and Shield
Unreasoned Faith is my Dragon
Blind belief is a dangerous plague
Do you bend for the truth?
Or force it to bend for you?

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:The Tarot, the Oracle, Various types of metal, older rock (nothing after 1996) Techno, some rap, (Young Jeezy's Recession is my shit) the paranormal, anime, reading and writing.
I love just about everything about adult swim,

Family Guy
Futurama
American Dad
Full Metal Alchemist
Inuyasha
Ghost In A Shell
Harvey BirdMan-- Attorny At Law
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Samurai Champloo.

I am also a HUGE anime fan.
Light and Dark by themselves are neutral entities, sure good generally chooses the light, while evil generally chooses the dark. However, it is not the path you walk, but how you walk it. It is not the power you weild, but how you weild it.

Chattur'gha

Chattur'gha

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in latin, books, motorcycles, poetry, and numerous other things.
I can't believe I forgot about Birdman and Inuyasha.... when I watch them every day.
Do you watch Perfect Hair Forever? It's so stupid it's funny.

I am a GIGANTIC ANIME FAN.

Hellsing is my favorite anime of all time.

Remember, the hotdog shoots laser beams from his eyes.

Edited by Chattur'gha, 07 February 2006 - 02:50 PM.

Sint mihi dei acherontis propitii, valeat numen triplex Jehovae, ignei areii, aquantani spiritus salvete: orientis princeps Belzebub, inferni ardentis monarcha et demigorgon, propitiamus vos, ut appareat, et surgat Mephostophilis...

quod tumeraris: per Jehovam, gehnnam, et consecratam aquam quam nunc spargo; signumque crucis quod nunc facio; et per vota nostra ipse nunc surgat nobis dicatus Mephostophils!!!

-Sephiroth

When you choose not to give in with all of your being that is when you truly transcend your humanity.
-Arucard

The Unspeakable
Yggdrasil
Beastmaster
The Great Sephiroth
Dark Messenger
The Unborn
Wolfen

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • Interests:oh so many to choose from<br>umm<br>boobies?
ATHF
GHSAC
Trigun
Inuyasha
Cowboy Bebop
Boondocks
Samarai Champloo (like how I put those three together?)
birdman
Home movies
Oblongs
.....can't remember the name....brother moves in with brother....there is an episode where andy is on the real world.....

and there are a couple more where the names escape me but I watch them when they are replayed
X32 1AR0
user posted image

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 251 posts
I can't believe i forgot Cowboy Bebop, it is one of my all time favorite animes. And no i do not watch perfect hair forever, no offense. What is up with BoBoBo?

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
thats a popular anime in japan...has been around for a long time
X32 1AR0
user posted image

ValgadisRTBH

ValgadisRTBH

Bartholemew and the Oobleck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Interests:Music of nearly every genre.
I'm not sure if Bobobo is cultural humor that just doesn't translate well or if they're even more friggen crazy than I thought in Japan. I thought american TV suffered from bouts of ADD but Bobobo takes the award winning cake.
Reason and Logic are my Sword and Shield
Unreasoned Faith is my Dragon
Blind belief is a dangerous plague
Do you bend for the truth?
Or force it to bend for you?

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
it's supposed to be a "satire" type thing making fun of the DBZ type shows
the main chars power is fighting nose hairs
his side kick uses farts....
and so on

watch DBZ then bobobo...you'll see what I mean
X32 1AR0
user posted image

Chattur'gha

Chattur'gha

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 154 posts

I can't believe i forgot Cowboy Bebop, it is one of my all time favorite animes. And no i do not watch perfect hair forever, no offense. What is up with BoBoBo?

No offense taken, I only watch it when I'm feeling stupid.
What's your favorite Adult Swim character(s)? Mine are Naraku from Inuyasha and Vicious(did I spell that right?) from Cowboy Bebop cause his sword kicks ass.

Edited by Chattur'gha, 09 February 2006 - 09:42 AM.

-Sephiroth

-Arucard

The Unspeakable
Yggdrasil
Beastmaster
The Great Sephiroth
Dark Messenger
The Unborn
Wolfen

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
each show has it's own fav

better question

whats your fav episode of all the AS shows....

I have a few...for different reasons

best overall would have to be the boondocks martin luther king special
X32 1AR0
user posted image

Chattur'gha

Chattur'gha

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 154 posts
I have a few myself, but my overall favorite would have to be ATHF when Shake caught the hypnogerms and started to hallucinate. I almost died laughing.

-Sephiroth

-Arucard

The Unspeakable
Yggdrasil
Beastmaster
The Great Sephiroth
Dark Messenger
The Unborn
Wolfen

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 251 posts

No offense taken, I only watch it when I'm feeling stupid.
What's your favorite Adult Swim character(s)? Mine are Naraku from Inuyasha and Vicious(did I spell that right?) from Cowboy Bebop cause his sword kicks ass.

MIne are Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha's older brother, and Scar from Full Metal Alchemist.

StaticGoth

StaticGoth

Jester-X, Leader of Xanists

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Philosophy, Internet, Making new friends.
I have yet to watch any of these?

What would be most recommended? If I may ask.
"Do not think outside the box! Yet do not think inside the box, think in a whole new dimension."
-Me

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 251 posts
I have no recommendations. Watch Adult Swim....All of it, All week.
Starts What 10:30 at night now? Sunday through Thursday?
Watch it all, Very good stuff, You'll be drawn into its hypnotic powers.

ALL HAIL ADULT SWIM!!! ALL HAIL THE TELEVISED KINGS!!!!!

StaticGoth

StaticGoth

• Members
  • 248 posts
lol ill give it a chance tonight, even though i dont usually watch tv, i will tonight

promise =P
"Do not think outside the box! Yet do not think inside the box, think in a whole new dimension."
-Me

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 251 posts
Very good Young Grasshopper, You are on your way to your Re-education.

Syana

Syana

Psychotically Insane

• Members
  • 2,858 posts
  • Interests:gone
adult swim starts at 11pm EST

StaticGoth

StaticGoth

• Members
  • 248 posts
I will not miss Conan.

Conan..

Conan..

=)
-Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users