Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who is

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Location:Stepping off my porch and into my santuary. The night's embrace.
  • Interests:The Tarot, the Oracle, Various types of metal, older rock (nothing after 1996) Techno, some rap, (Young Jeezy's Recession is my shit) the paranormal, anime, reading and writing.
Who is your favorite author, What genre does he/she write, and your favorite works by them?
I walk the path of Darkness, people say I'm evil for it, I say they are wrong.
Light and Dark by themselves are neutral entities, sure good generally chooses the light, while evil generally chooses the dark. However, it is not the path you walk, but how you walk it. It is not the power you weild, but how you weild it.

StaticGoth

StaticGoth

Jester-X, Leader of Xanists

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Philosophy, Internet, Making new friends.
I would def. have to choose Dante Alighieri's The Divine Comedy for dramas.

Nietzsche for philosophy.

C.S. Friedman for the occasional fictional book I pick up.

=)

How about you?
"Do not think outside the box! Yet do not think inside the box, think in a whole new dimension."
-Me

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:The Tarot, the Oracle, Various types of metal, older rock (nothing after 1996) Techno, some rap, (Young Jeezy's Recession is my shit) the paranormal, anime, reading and writing.

I would def. have to choose Dante Alighieri's The Divine Comedy for dramas.

Nietzsche for philosophy.

C.S. Friedman for the occasional fictional book I pick up.

=)

How about you?

What he originally spoke of, or what Nazi spin on it? I agree with what he orginally spoke of.
Light and Dark by themselves are neutral entities, sure good generally chooses the light, while evil generally chooses the dark. However, it is not the path you walk, but how you walk it. It is not the power you weild, but how you weild it.

StaticGoth

StaticGoth

• Members
  • 248 posts
Nazi spin on who's?

Dante and Nietzsche were dead before Nazi's existed? lol

I believe you may be reffering to The Will To Power by Nietzsche though and how they tried to change that work.

I like his original writings. As for Dante and a Nazi spin, I did not know of.
"Do not think outside the box! Yet do not think inside the box, think in a whole new dimension."
-Me

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 251 posts
The Nazi's based what they did on the teachings of Nietzche.
They just.........warped it.

StaticGoth

StaticGoth

• Members
  • 248 posts
that and the The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. which Hitler directly quotes about 10+ times in Mein Kampf 2

but ya they warped Nietzsche a lot

whats your favorite of his books? if any?
-Me

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 251 posts
I don't really have any, just what i picked up here and there, i'd love to get one of his (nietzche) books, if there are any.
I also need to get Mein Kamph 1
I did not know there was a two.

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
The protocols of zion is one ofthe biggest hoaxes that exist. it is by al lmeans a thing brought in the world to blame the jews for everything (even the bad weather that just started to pour down and the docter that tells you that your granma is getting old and might die in a couple of years because her body is worn out by living.)
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

StaticGoth

StaticGoth

• Members
  • 248 posts
I agree Dirk, I read it for educational purposes to see what kind of stuff he read.

Ya, the second one they found unpublished in one of his bunkers, search for the unpublished sequel to mein kampf, thats what its called. =)
-Me

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
I'll read pretty much anything by R. A. Salvatore. I like Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series thus far, though I'm only into the third book. Both are fantasy writers, but I think Salvatore is a lot more detailed in his descriptions and some of the material in his books is more adult-themed - not so much sex and gore, but some of the innuendos and situations aren't exactly child-appropriate.

I also like Stephen King and Dean Koontz. I think King's better than Koontz as a writer, though I haven't read enough of either of their books to judge - only one of Koontz'es (which I liked well enough). I've read a few of Mr. King's, though, and I really liked them.

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Sinvisigoth

Sinvisigoth

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Blasphemy. Sarcasm. Randomnicity.
Mine would have to be Alessandro Baricco.

The first novel of his that I read was Silk, which was I think his first novel. It's short enough to read in about an hour (so a spoiler would spoil pretty much the whole thing) but so beautiful that you'll never forget it and never be able to stop gong back to it.

The other book of his that I bought was Ocean Sea. The first chapter is so stunning that I have read it more than thirty times and have never/will never go beyond that point.
Laugh at tyrants and the tragedy they inflict; our tears are evidence of subservience but our laughter condemns them to ignominy.

I'm going to do everything and everyone I ever wanted to do, some stuff I said I'd never do so I know what i'm missing out on, and then I'm going to make glow in the dark chocolate pudding for everyone.

Underworld officials say they have not yet decided on a permanent punishment for the terrorists.

"Eventually, we'll settle on an eternal and unending task for them," said Lord Androalphus, High Praetor of Excruciations. "But for now, everyone down here wants a crack at them. The legions of fang-wombed hags will take their pleasure on their shattered carcasses for most of this afternoon. Tomorrow, their flesh will be melted from their bones like wax in the burning embrace of the Mother of Cowards. The day after that, they'll be sodomized by the Fallen and their bowels shredded by a demonic ejaculate of burning sand. Then, on Sunday, Satan gets them all day. I can't even imagine what he's got cooked up for them."

Vharkron

Vharkron

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:History, Politics, Metaphysical, Philosophy, Macabre Fiction.
HP Lovecraft by a longshot. His writing is so much less cheesy than modern authors. It is so dark and blasphemous, yet he does not go overboard. New horror authors are a dime a dozen (especially with the hundreds of Stephan Kings books which are progressivelly getting watered down and shittier), but Lovecraft was unique and painted a horrifyingly beautiful nihilistic landscape.

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
I also like the vampire novels by Anne Rice, and Chris Pike has a series of six vampire novels surrounding the life of an ancient vampire named Sita. It's pretty good, though I haven't been able to find the last to in the series. It's called The Last Vampire (the series is). I like Anne Rice's better, but Pike's isn't half bad actually.

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 251 posts

HP Lovecraft by a longshot. His writing is so much less cheesy than modern authors. It is so dark and blasphemous, yet he does not go overboard. New horror authors are a dime a dozen (especially with the hundreds of Stephan Kings books which are progressivelly getting watered down and shittier), but Lovecraft was unique and painted a horrifyingly beautiful nihilistic landscape.

Funny you should say that, i have for the last 9 months been studying and reading tarot cards, which i find to be a wonderfull experience, the abilities you could gain by devoting yourself to them as a craft. so long as my inquirer has been serious, i have yet to have been unable to help them. i find it to be a very excelent tool for guidance should you (the inquirer) choose to except their advice. it is something that i am VERY serious in/with, my life has been devoted to them and helping all who i can.
But to get back on topic, my newest deck, which i am happy to say will be the only deck i will read for the rest of my life, is called "Secrets of the Necronomicon" by Donld Tyson, based off of Lovecraft's work.

halfdemon

halfdemon

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:female<br>Music<br>Art<br>books<br>anything Interesting
Laurell K. Hamilton!!! I love her Anita Blake vampire novels :D :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users