Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boy admits stabbing mom 111 times

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • Interests:oh so many to choose from<br>umm<br>boobies?
Mom discovered him trying to learn how to make a bomb

Friday, February 10, 2006; Posted: 3:53 p.m. EST (20:53 GMT)

PONTIAC, Michigan (AP) -- A 16-year-old boy pleaded guilty Friday to murdering his mother by stabbing her 111 times last year after she discovered he was trying to learn how to make a bomb.

Under a deal with prosecutors, Christopher Dankovich agreed to serve up to 34 years in prison.

"He didn't want to leave prison in a casket," prosecutor Lisa Ortlieb Gorcyca said.

Had he been convicted of first-degree murder, Dankovich would have faced a mandatory life term.

Dankovich was 15 when his mother, Diane Michele, 50, was found dead last spring in her home in Rochester Hills, just north of Detroit. The teen was arrested later that day at his family's cabin in St. Helen, more than 100 miles away.

Sentencing was scheduled for March 6.

Defense attorney Mitchell Ribitwer said there was never any question that Dankovich had killed his mother, though there were questions regarding his mental health and whether he could be held responsible.

"The family desired that the matter be resolved without a trial," Ribitwer said. "There's been enough trauma, misery and anguish already."

Linkage :blink:
X32 1AR0
user posted image

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
This sounds like a real nutcase incident to be honest.

I mean, Anger management has long waitin glists, but to try to make a bomb to blow the ones in front of you up to get some treatment sooner and then having a reaction like this...

But we can bring it down to the culture of glorified violence in the US (as showed by the media). This guy should have been chasing girls and might have been found with his first "dirty booklets" or something at his age, not building bombs or having a knife at hand with a temper like that.
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
Dirk...

the area where this happened...happens to be one of the "not so nice" places to visit in the states......kids his age in those areas usually carry guns...not knives....

I just thought it was worth mentioning because of the number of times he stabbed his mom.....I mean....thats gotta be some kind of record I think?
X32 1AR0
user posted image

SPyKE

SPyKE

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Body art/Modification.<br>Reading.<br>Being a [Helper] on Aardwolf MUD.<br>Ranting.<br>Skittles.
It makes me wonder how they can count all the stab wounds.

Must be fairly painstaking.

Why the fuck was he trying to make a bomb? So either way, he would have ended up killing someone. Either himself or someone else.

"He didn't want to leave prison in a casket"

O boo fucking hoo. He is the one that put his own mother in a fucking casket... He doesn't get a fucking choice. He is a murderer...

I am not feeling mercy or understanding for this kid right now...

I'm not an American, but from where I am seeing this from, it sounds like a very stagnant place. Nothing is being done to fix things. [I could be missing something, so if I am, do correct me] I think we need revolutionary things to happen, not another case of 'lets throw money at it and hope it fixes itself'... Less talk, more action.

This goes for any other place that has neighbourhoods with kids carrying guns instead of comic books, and knives instead of schoolbooks.

I agree with what Dirk said, about the culture of glorified violence, but also I think it's something within the individual that has to mesh with that and click. Because everyone who is exposed to this violent culture is not going to go and reproduce it in their own homes.

So what is it that makes it happen? Is it pre-existing mental/emotional problems? if so, what can be done about it?

How many more human time bombs have to go off like this before someone has a way to a solution?

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
yeah I'm sure there is more going on then what has been let out so far....if I see anything else about it I'll post it in here
X32 1AR0
user posted image

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Location:Stepping off my porch and into my santuary. The night's embrace.
  • Interests:The Tarot, the Oracle, Various types of metal, older rock (nothing after 1996) Techno, some rap, (Young Jeezy's Recession is my shit) the paranormal, anime, reading and writing.
I agree with Water on this, the boy needs help, find out why he did it, and base his sentencing on that. Though i don't believe their is forgivness for murder, except in God's eyes, or un;ess your in the military in a war, and even then there is not much of an excuse.
I walk the path of Darkness, people say I'm evil for it, I say they are wrong.
Light and Dark by themselves are neutral entities, sure good generally chooses the light, while evil generally chooses the dark. However, it is not the path you walk, but how you walk it. It is not the power you weild, but how you weild it.

Syana

Syana

Psychotically Insane

• Members
  • 2,858 posts
  • Interests:gone
I'm sure it has something to do with his mental state....whether caused from physical, mental, emotional, or even sexual abuse....and that could have come from his family, friends, peers...

The kid needs to talk to someone. He needs help...granted, that doesn't always work. The family settled how they did due to what was stated above. Yes, we may not agree with what happened, but we also don't know the full story.

think about it...what if it was your niece/nephew/brother/sister, etc. Would you really let them rot in jail for the rest of their lives if you could prevent it...no matter what they did?

I wouldn't.

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Location:Stepping off my porch and into my santuary. The night's embrace.
  • Interests:The Tarot, the Oracle, Various types of metal, older rock (nothing after 1996) Techno, some rap, (Young Jeezy's Recession is my shit) the paranormal, anime, reading and writing.
I don't want the kid to die, but we don't know the full story. and untill we do, we can't really base much of an educated statement on it.
I walk the path of Darkness, people say I'm evil for it, I say they are wrong.
Light and Dark by themselves are neutral entities, sure good generally chooses the light, while evil generally chooses the dark. However, it is not the path you walk, but how you walk it. It is not the power you weild, but how you weild it.

Nipplenecromancer

Nipplenecromancer

Fuck You and your opinion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

think about it...what if it was your niece/nephew/brother/sister, etc. Would you really let them rot in jail for the rest of their lives if you could prevent it...no matter what they did?

I wouldn't.

I would. I love my family, but had ANYONE killed my mother, especially by stabbing them 111 times, I could care less about how they felt. I would not forgive them, or even acknowledge them as family anymore.
This space intentionally left blank.

Syana

Syana

Psychotically Insane

• Members
  • 2,858 posts
Good point. I hadn't even thought of it that way (I consider my mom immortal).

But....what if it was your cousin...who had been abused....and everyone in the family knew about it but didn't stop it...so s/he went a little crazy and killed your aunt. Then what?

*looks up at that* I don't think I'd forgive that, but then again, as I said before, there is a lot about the situation that we don't know. I'm sure the family had their reasons.

if someone killed my mom...death would be too easy for them. Try torturing them for the rest of their lives...to the point where they're begging to die...let them heal and start the process all over again. That might help me.

Nipplenecromancer

Nipplenecromancer

Fuck You and your opinion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
See, that's the thing. We hear about this secondhand, and we don't even try to put ourselves in that situation. While it does make for a fair trial for the defendant, it makes it seem okay to do these things.
People claiming insanity in murder trials shouldn't be given any special rights. If anything, the people that knew about it should be put on trial WITH them, for being an accessory to the crime.
This space intentionally left blank.

Syana

Syana

Psychotically Insane

• Members
  • 2,858 posts
Good point...and I full agree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users