Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

McDonald's sued over fries ingredients

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • Interests:oh so many to choose from<br>umm<br>boobies?
Monday, February 20, 2006; Posted: 10:00 a.m. EST (15:00 GMT)

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- McDonald's Corp. faces at least three lawsuits claiming the fast-food giant misled the public after it acknowledged earlier this week its french fries contain milk and wheat ingredients.

Debra Moffatt of Lombard, Illinois, seeks unspecified damages in a suit filed Friday in Chicago. Her attorney, Thomas Pakenas, said his client has celiac disease, which causes gastrointestinal symptoms set off by eating gluten, a protein found in wheat.

Jack Daly, McDonald's senior vice president, said in a statement the company had not reviewed the case yet and is testing its fries for gluten through a food allergy research program at the University of Nebraska.

Mark and Theresa Chimiak of Jupiter, Florida, sued Friday in Florida, claiming their 5-year-old daughter has an intolerance to gluten and became seriously ill after eating the fries.

Nadia Sugich of Los Angeles sued Wednesday, saying she eats no animal products and would not have eaten the fries had she known they contained dairy ingredients.

McDonald's, based in Oak Brook, Illinois, said Monday that wheat and dairy products are used to flavor its fries.

Before its acknowledgment Monday, the company had quietly added "Contains wheat and milk ingredients" to the french fries listing on its Web site.

Linkage :blink: :ph34r: :wizard:

ok..seriously...I can see why the people with the disease are pissed....but...the vegitarian *smashes his head into the desk and cries* it had milk....it came from an animal......I'm gonna diiiieeeee.......

"no matter where you go....when you go......there will always be "that fucking idiot""- Stix
X32 1AR0
user posted image

Nipplenecromancer

Nipplenecromancer

Fuck You and your opinion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
My question is, if you're a vegetarian, why the hell are you eating at McDonalds anyway?
This space intentionally left blank.

Qryztufre

Qryztufre

Daisy-Head Maizie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Making the world a better place one smile at a time.

My question is, if you're a vegetarian, why the hell are you eating at McDonalds anyway?

Because you're friends do...

I remember before they got salads & whatnots...I went there with a vegitarian friend and they ordered the BigMac combo meal MINUS the meat!

They used to even give a NO MEAT discount *shrug*
Q

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
they still do...it's called a vegie mac....

but yeah....some people....are just fucktards
X32 1AR0
user posted image

Nipplenecromancer

Nipplenecromancer

Fuck You and your opinion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
Eh, I just figured that most vegetarians do it for the supposed health benefits. Eating at Mickey D's would definately negate that. Even with the salads and all the other bullshit.
This space intentionally left blank.

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
ya know that their "healthy" chicken sandwiches are worse for you then a double quarter pounder with cheese
X32 1AR0
user posted image

Qryztufre

Qryztufre

Daisy-Head Maizie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Making the world a better place one smile at a time.

Eh, I just figured that most vegetarians do it for the supposed health benefits.

Loonies come in all shapes and sizes and each has their own reasons for their lunacy...

The ones that DO go to fast food places likely are not the health nuts...

Some are the "oh noes...don't kill any of gods lil' creatures"

Some just don't like "beef"

Some do it just to be cool (like some of us are goths *smirk*)

*shrug*
Q

Stix

Stix

Grumpy Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
right..which is why the one crying "oh no their is milk in my fries....I don't eat any animal byproducts at all" is funny....
goes to a place where they obviously like to slaughter the innocent.....not to mention serve some tastey burgers.....and then cry about it
X32 1AR0
user posted image

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Location:Stepping off my porch and into my santuary. The night's embrace.
  • Interests:The Tarot, the Oracle, Various types of metal, older rock (nothing after 1996) Techno, some rap, (Young Jeezy's Recession is my shit) the paranormal, anime, reading and writing.
When i worked for burger king about a year back, they had this thing called the vejie burger, it was good though. and this is just my opinion, but i think that the only reason these people are suing is just to get a shit load of money, and because they "can"
I walk the path of Darkness, people say I'm evil for it, I say they are wrong.
Light and Dark by themselves are neutral entities, sure good generally chooses the light, while evil generally chooses the dark. However, it is not the path you walk, but how you walk it. It is not the power you weild, but how you weild it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users