Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Texas undercover agents infiltrate pubs...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

QoIMar

QoIMar

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060323/od_nm/...HNlYwN5bmNhdA--

All I can say about this. .."ooookay".
Now if you'll excuse me, I have hands to kiss and babies to shake

Charles L. Charles

user posted image

The Ruined Saint

The Ruined Saint

The doctor is in...sane.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.<br><br>And Switchblade Symphony. I totally love Switchblade Symphony. Tina Root is a delight. And Susan Wallace. Hmmmm... Susan. I'd sell my soul just to try and hump her leg. And if all I got from the effort was a swift kick, I'd die happy.

The goal, she said, was to detain drunks before they leave a bar and go do something dangerous like drive a car.

Oh, please... What's next?

"We saw the way you were looking at that woman; you're under arrest for rape."

<_<
"I am goth, hear me mope..."

As a matter of fact, yes, Switchblade Symphony is the greatest band ever.

Ruining MySpace since 2005.
Even more MySpace havoc for 2007!

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
brings to mind a couple of things...for one, the novel 1984...for another, a crappy old episode of star trek, in which one of the crew was on trial for thinking violent thoughts on a planet of empaths...

my 943 cents: the government has long since stepped outside it's bounds, and we are purchasing our own servitude under the guise of security at the cost of our freedom...

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.

The goal, she said, was to detain drunks before they leave a bar and go do something dangerous like drive a car.

Oh, please... What's next?

"We saw the way you were looking at that woman; you're under arrest for rape."

<_<

What about pulling it into the extreme?

"You are a man, therefore you have the potential to rape, so hereby you are arrested for rape"

Funny thing is that it actually works.

"You're a terrorist, you're arreseted for being a possible treat to people, you are arrested"

See any resemblence?

and we all know that you shouldn't drive when you're drunk, but being drunk in a pub, and then being arrested for being drunk in public (because the pub is a public area) is a bit redicilous. Its like arresting people in a swimming pool for eing inapproprately dressed for "public areas" (or being wet)
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

psychophipps

psychophipps

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I seem to be missing something here. All the posts so far are bitching about the police enforcing the existing law? I go to bars and pubs all the time and I don't get drunk. You know it's against the law to be drunk in public so now you have to watch yourself a bit more when you're in Texas. BFD!

Mark(psycho)Phipps( HAHAHA! )

The Ruined Saint

The Ruined Saint

The doctor is in...sane.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;And Switchblade Symphony. I totally love Switchblade Symphony. Tina Root is a delight. And Susan Wallace. Hmmmm... Susan. I'd sell my soul just to try and hump her leg. And if all I got from the effort was a swift kick, I'd die happy.
The problem is their justification. If this law had been inforced in this manner, with the justification that it was the law, then there isn't any big deal.

But what we have here is the law being enforced in a different manner for a completely different reason.

Law and action have to be in accordance to one another or it becomes possible to justify any action for the sake of any law.
"I am goth, hear me mope..."

As a matter of fact, yes, Switchblade Symphony is the greatest band ever.

Ruining MySpace since 2005.
Even more MySpace havoc for 2007!

Qryztufre

Qryztufre

Daisy-Head Maizie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Making the world a better place one smile at a time.
* I did not read the article...

This was on the news the night before last and one of the people they arrested in one of the stings was in a hotel bar. The lady was rather drunk...but what was she gunna do, try using her key card on someone elses door?

She was in her late fourties early fifties, was like 5'2" and could not of weighed more then 100 pounds...So I'm pretty sure she was not gunna be raping anyone - or driving for that matter.
Q

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users