Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Switchblade Symphony re-release

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

UrbanDecay

UrbanDecay

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4 posts
I have recently bought Switchblade Symphony's re-release of "Serpentine Gallery" which contained a few remixes and previous unreleased songs. I love the urban feel of these old tracks. One of my favorites was "Waiting Room" which spat out tremendous dark imagery.
As for the remixes, there are a few good ones, but not too impressive. Sort of redundant adding the same tracks from their live album and remix album. But the previously unreleased titles are sinister, erotic, and sexual. I love them.

The Ruined Saint

The Ruined Saint

The doctor is in...sane.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.<br><br>And Switchblade Symphony. I totally love Switchblade Symphony. Tina Root is a delight. And Susan Wallace. Hmmmm... Susan. I'd sell my soul just to try and hump her leg. And if all I got from the effort was a swift kick, I'd die happy.
Actually, most everything on the re-release is from previous releases. For instance, the live tracks, while appearing on Sweet Little Witches, were previously released as a single, and thus their inclusion (Though I agree... That was redundant as hell). I think the only new songs were the two indicated as being from the recording sessions for their later albums (possibly three, I'm not sure if the [not-so-good] KH remix was released on a single or was a hold-over from Sinister Nostalgia). Everything else either pre-dates the original release of SG or was released in limited distribution.

Speaking of SS, btw... I know Tina's got another gig going (Tre'Lux), but I haven't heard much about Susanne since the break-up. Anyone got a clue what she's up to nowadays?

Edited by Ruined_Saint, 12 May 2006 - 06:25 PM.

"I am goth, hear me mope..."

As a matter of fact, yes, Switchblade Symphony is the greatest band ever.

Ruining MySpace since 2005.
Even more MySpace havoc for 2007!

UrbanDecay

UrbanDecay

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4 posts
Shes married and lives in NY, according to Tina, who is now married also. I have checked out Tre Lux, I am anticipating a release of some kind. As for George, I think he is working in a band of his own also, delivering his mastery of innovative guitar.

robot

robot

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:technology, anime, drawing, politics and conspiracies, pretty much everything cyber, dark stuff

Shes married and lives in NY, according to Tina, who is now married also. I have checked out Tre Lux, I am anticipating a release of some kind. As for George, I think he is working in a band of his own also, delivering his mastery of innovative guitar.

Just picked up the release a while ago. Top notch stuff.
The junkyard whispers my name...again and again
Q. Are you going to Hell?
A. Are we there yet? I've gotta pee pee.

Project 6209 - Industrial/Electronica/Alternative straight from Chicago
Project 6209 @ Myspace.com
Project 6209 @ Last.fm
Project 6209 @ Facebook
maschinetheist on DeviantArt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users