Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

X-Men: The Last Stand

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

suicidalpiety

suicidalpiety

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Random interests that revolve around a mythological and literate world. I love writing, reading and art of many varieties. I paint, sketch and role play different games. I have a fascination with dragons and immortality, or at least the concept of it.
As an x-men comic and television cartoon fan, I've followed the movies with reserved anticipation. The first two, albeit far from their origins, were entertaining, kept certain aspects of the original story line(s), and allowed for possible decent movie futures.

With the announcement of X-Men: The Last Stand, I became excitied, following the development, watching all the sneak previews. You know, general fan things. This weekend, I finally got around to watching the movie.

I won't tell you what was horrible about it. I'll leave it to you to go and and see this pile of dung for yourself. But as far as I'm concerned, the third movie does not exist. It has nothing to do with x-men besides the names of the characters.

Any thoughts?

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
Well... first of all, the movie isn't released here, it will take another week or so i guess.

As for comments...
Don't click here to see some other thoughts about it.

I think i can make a valid guess that indeed X1 and X2 were decent and that Vinny Jones was a good cast for the right character in X3.
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

ValgadisRTBH

ValgadisRTBH

Bartholemew and the Oobleck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Interests:Music of nearly every genre.
Saw it, wasn't bad. Kept in mind the director commentary from the first movie along the lines of took the core of the spirit of X-Men with the intention of telling a new story, not one already covered by the comics. Ignoring all the snafu's of the "canon" comic storylines it isn't a bad movie. Not to say it's an excellent movie either... just a decent one.

I'll attempt to be vague enough not to give away any spoilers but like anything what may seem trivial to one in the know could be world shattering for those not. So yeah, if you want to see the movie in a "pure" mindset you may want to stop reading till then.

Has a few rather jarring flaws like all the cars on the bridge having their freaking lights on cause it's full on night when not an hour earlier it was a sunny mid-afternoon and not a single one had them on. Kelsey Grammer was a great choice as beast and he does justice to the character. Vinney Jones does a decent job with Juggernaut despite the only "explanation" offered for his power being 'unstoppable once in motion.' Was an interesting shift to see Jaime Maddox as a full on bad guy (Multiple Man, mostly from the X-Force comics) but it did advance a certain portion of the plot. About my only harsh criticism is the whole emotional Logan. Even not being a comic "purist" it's jarring and doesn't seem to fit the core of Logan as a character. Though I suppose without the comic background it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue and in the end it sort of worked out for the story.
Reason and Logic are my Sword and Shield
Unreasoned Faith is my Dragon
Blind belief is a dangerous plague
Do you bend for the truth?
Or force it to bend for you?

pulsar

pulsar

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Music. Straight Edge. Booking concerts. Playing guitar. Politics.
I liked it. It was a fun movie. Forget the whole "this/that wasnt exactly like the comic" debate. It was a good MOVIE. I liked it just as I liked the first two movies.

ishta

ishta

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:ALCOHOL MUSIC ART SHOPPING ...THATS IT, I'M A SIMPLE GIRL.
JEAN GREY!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!! :angry: Apart from that, thought it was an okay movie. More action packed, they did try to tell a lot in a short space of time though, so many storylines to follow and not all of them, i think were covered properly, i mean whats the point of having new characters if you're not going to explore them properly there just there for the sake of being there. Blah! Though, saying that, if Famke Janssen wasn't in it, i'd call it complete crap!

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
I thought the movie was good insofar as the special effects and the mutations were concerned. However, I don't like that fact that they basically killed off most of the important characters - Cyclops, Phoenix, some of the more recently created characters such as Spike - and made human the rest (Magneto and Mystique, for example - and what about Rogue, whose whole character is based around her mutation?). The only ones left were Colossus, Nightcrawler (who didn't appear in this film), Storm, Wolverine, Pyro (whose 'story' was never really 'finished' in this movie), Iceman, Angel (though I liked the way his story went here), and a couple of others. All in all, I think they could have come up with a few more solutions than just killing everybody off or taking away their mutations.

Just my two-cents-worth there...

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Sinvisigoth

Sinvisigoth

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Blasphemy. Sarcasm. Randomnicity.
I liked it. It sucked that Mystique got made human because she looked so hot blue, but I'm glad that Jean Grey bit the dust; I've never liked her and I've always wanted Rogue to get it on with Wolverine.
Laugh at tyrants and the tragedy they inflict; our tears are evidence of subservience but our laughter condemns them to ignominy.

I'm going to do everything and everyone I ever wanted to do, some stuff I said I'd never do so I know what i'm missing out on, and then I'm going to make glow in the dark chocolate pudding for everyone.

Underworld officials say they have not yet decided on a permanent punishment for the terrorists.

"Eventually, we'll settle on an eternal and unending task for them," said Lord Androalphus, High Praetor of Excruciations. "But for now, everyone down here wants a crack at them. The legions of fang-wombed hags will take their pleasure on their shattered carcasses for most of this afternoon. Tomorrow, their flesh will be melted from their bones like wax in the burning embrace of the Mother of Cowards. The day after that, they'll be sodomized by the Fallen and their bowels shredded by a demonic ejaculate of burning sand. Then, on Sunday, Satan gets them all day. I can't even imagine what he's got cooked up for them."

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
Did you know she was totally naked when in her blue form? Seriously. They put blue body paint all over her. The only thing she was wearing was a smile.

Drool.

;)

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users