Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Morality police turn witch hunters

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's powerful morality police is launching a witch hunt in the birthplace of Islam.

The Authority for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice is setting up special centers in all cities to "register complaints on sorcerers and charlatans, track them and terminate them," the authority's chief Sheikh Ibrahim bin Abdallah al-Ghaith told al-Madinah newspaper.

Islam forbids magic and practicing it is considered blasphemy.

Saudi newspapers often report incidents involving so-called sorcerers, mainly from the Indian subcontinent and Africa.

Some Saudis pay them vast amounts of money, hoping to uncover hidden treasures or get jobs, according to the papers.

The religious police have wide powers in Saudi Arabia, which imposes a strict version of Sunni Islam, to prevent the spread of drugs, alcohol and prostitution as well as stop unrelated men and women mixing in public.

Source: Reuters
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Tool

Tool

Gothic Angst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
If you stop unrelated men and women mixing in public how do you expect them to one day become related? Does that make sense? Islam is one strange religion if you ask me.

SPyKE

SPyKE

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Body art/Modification.<br>Reading.<br>Being a [Helper] on Aardwolf MUD.<br>Ranting.<br>Skittles.
O gee...

:o

They'd LOVE me...

<_<

Tool

Tool

Gothic Angst

• Members
  • 163 posts
Well you did turn me into a newt.

Thankfully I got better and I'm not an Islamist extremist.

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
Only on thursdays.
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users