Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RadioShack Sends Pink Slips via E-mail

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
RadioShack on Tuesday followed through on plans to lay off 400 employees as part of an effort to cut expenses and become more competitive in the marketplace, but the method in which the firings occurred has some fuming. The company notified employees of their dismissal through e-mail.

"The work force reduction notification is currently in progress...Unfortunately your position is one that has been eliminated," the e-mail read. RadioShack officials defended the decision to e-mail employees rather than hold face-to-face meetings, saying they were given ample notice of the plan and had been invited to ask questions via the company Intranet.

Source: BetaNews
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Qryztufre

Qryztufre

Daisy-Head Maizie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Making the world a better place one smile at a time.
I think, if they want to be more competitive they can get some higher quality merchandise for a cheaper price!

As it stands now, they have rechargeable batteries for $17 a pair where I can get get a four-pack from k-Mart or Wal*mart for around half that.

I can get an RC car there that's cheaper then the crap Wal*mart sells for nearly three times the price.

I can get a FAUX security cam (as in an empty case & a lens) for the price of an ACTUAL Security Camera!

I'll still swing by if I have the time or need a teeny electronical part...but other then that, SCREW them!.
Q

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
A policy like that, sacking people by e-mail or sms as happened to a shopworker in england is illegal here, because e-mail or any other electronic message has no legal value. A fax is perfectly ok.
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

Qryztufre

Qryztufre

Daisy-Head Maizie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Making the world a better place one smile at a time.
Boss: Bill, you were not supposed to come to work today...
Bill: Prove it.
Boss: We sent that email out on friday saying you were canned.
Bill: So I guess me working all weekend was my good-bye bonus then.

As I do not believe actual humans work for Human Resources, it only makes sence that they would want to fire people electronically. Especially since they treat most individuals like robots anyway...
Q

(I should have said this the first time...as what I did say was mainly just a rant against Radio Shack, rather then the actual topic at hand)

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
i like that "electronic messages aren't legally binding" policy. i think it should work that way in america as well.

just goes to show you how impersonal and apathetic the workplace has become.

but it seems to me that if they tried the same tactic with major construction companies, say laying off four-hunderd construction workers, they'd have quite a bit of a different situation on their hands.

i don't think it's right to treat people so.

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
I think someone just read too much Dilbert comics and forgot that reality isn't supervised by Phil, ruler of Heck (wasn't evil enough to rule hell, thats his brother in law who does that job)
Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users