Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Choice trucks?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DaemonicMike

DaemonicMike

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts
There is disbelief in the Poconos over some trucks making the rounds in parts of Monroe County. It's the pictures on the trucks that are causing heads to turn.

The trucks show a huge picture of an aborted fetus. This week the trucks are being driven up and down the streets of Stroudsburg. Some people feel it sends a clear message about abortion.

"It's a bloody fetus and they're running it up Main Street. They just have to have more compassion for everybody who has to interact around here," said Keith Hinkle of Stroudsburg.

"I don't know, that's wild! I have not seen anything like that, no. That's a crazy thing," said Rose Lazrovitch of Stroudsburg. She added she is pro-life but even she couldn't get over the jarring images.

Edith Rivera babysits her grandson. She doesn't agree with abortion, but said it's not appropriate for children to see images like that.

"I couldn't eat. I had to stop eating because it was outrageous. It was horrible," said Edith Rivera of Stroudsburg.

Others had a different take on the moving billboards.

"If that's going to help the people get the idea of what they're doing is wrong, you know, I think it's good. At the beginning it's going to be really kind of shocking advertisement but if it gets the purpose and the job done, good," said Betty Jeter.

Her husband, Dennis, feels a better medium should have been used, especially because they have two children. "They're five and seven and I just don't think that having that type of a vehicle running through a small town like this is responsible," Dennis Jeter said.

"That's a concern," said Cole Schrimsher, a volunteer for the group that organized the pro-life campaign, Center for Bioethical Reform. "And we try to limit the exposure as much as possible. We're not out here to show it to little kids." But Schrimsher added the group likes high traffic areas to get out its message. "The reason why we go to high traffic areas is because we're very limited by the other forms of the media we can use, such as television."

Schrimsher added the trucks will be in Pennsylvania for a while. Their next stop is Philadelphia.

Source: Wnep 16

The joys of events occuring near where you live: Now I'm all for pro-life, mainly cuz I was brought into this world and believe everyone else should have that same right....but is it just me.....or is this like the worst possibly way to be "getting the message out?" I don't really think these trucks should be allowed to be driven around...there has to be a better way to promote pro-life....

Edited by DaemonicMike, 03 September 2006 - 10:18 PM.

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
i wonder how many car accidents it's caused to date? :lol:

Edited by Enki Anunaki, 05 September 2006 - 03:12 AM.

Qryztufre

Qryztufre

Daisy-Head Maizie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Making the world a better place one smile at a time.
I wonder if they can drive around showing women getting raped in order to get stiffer stentences for rapists.

Vulgar is vulgar...

Maybe just truck billboards saying that the people responcible for those trucks should get raped...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users