Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's New at Second Shifters Radio

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
Greetings to the Biters, the Bitees, and the otherwise Dark Souls out there,

We know that it's been quite some time since our last major update, but with the holidays now passed, we wanted to share with a few gifts of our own, and also give you an update on just where we're headed with Second Shifters.

For those of you who haven't had a chance to stop by in recent months, you're likely to notice a big change in our layout from the last time you visited secondshifters.com. The new theme has been a long time in the making, and thanks to a little careful coding and a lot of good guidance, we're quite pleased with how it has turned out.

But, more importantly than how our site looks is what it contains, and those contents are on their way to expanding in a very rapid fashion. While we're holding quite a few tricks up our sleeves as to what those new features will be, we wanted to let one of them out of the bag to ease your suspense just a little bit before the big day itself comes.

On Saturday, February 16th, at 10pm Eastern, we will be debuting our very first Podcast interview session on air, and our opening act is a band that we're absolutely certain that you'll love: Hungry Lucy!

The Podcast interviews are our way of putting the spotlight on some of the bands that you've already grown to love, and letting them share a bit of themselves with you in a personal tone. Every week, we'll be featuring a new band to listen to, and each broadcast will be available as a Podcast or MP3 download one day after it plays on our stream. This way, you can take a little piece of Second Shifters with you to listen to whenever and wherever you like, including on your MP3 player of choice.

Because this is going to be such a big step for us, and because we've missed having quite a few of you around, we will be celebrating the occasion with an online reunion party in the #darksites.com chatroom on webchat.org and in our forums as well, starting at 8pm that evening and ending when we all finally pass out from exhaustion.

Joining us in the chat, right after their interview airs, will be War-N and Christa Belle from Hungry Lucy, ready to take your questions and feedback (in an orderly fashion of course). Transcripts from the chat will be posted on the site later, but trust me when I say that you're not going to want to miss out on any of the action. If you bring a good question with you, you could very well end up with a free CD.

You'll also want to make sure you're tuned into the station after our celebration begins, as in addition to our new Podcast, we're also going to making quite a few other announcements that evening, and you won't want to miss out on the fun.

To join in, just head to www.secondshifters.com and we shall show you the way. It will be a party to remember, and we look forward to having you there with us.

We're proud to have you all as members.

Yours most sincerely,

Second Shifters
Radio that bites... Hard
www.secondshifters.com
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

ViusSolaris

ViusSolaris

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Very cool Atnevon thumbs up! :) B) :wave: :dancingbunny: :dancingbunny:

ElderDaniel

ElderDaniel

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:ABOUT ME<br>Besides working full-time as a software developer, I'm also a freelance writer. I write poetry, short stories, and articles, many of which have been published in Acrimony magazine.<br><br>I have also self-published my own &quot;vampire romance&quot; novel, entitled LILITH'S LOVE. I am working on a sequel and third book to complete a trilogy.<br><br>Right now, one of my personal software projects is a web-based RPG/LARP/MUD hybrid vampire game called GOTHIK: Tangled Web. This is an old project to make a new version of the ANSI BBS door game, GOTHIK: Better Than Chocolate. Someday this may actually get finished. ;)<br><br>When I'm not doing one of these various and sundry activities, I can be found lurking on my own website The Lurkers' Domain, a forum for storytelling and role-playing games. Right now, I am hosting a &quot;Beginner's RPG&quot; there called Carpe Vegas.<br><br>LIKES<br>Good books, good music, good food, good company, and a good laugh. A like a good debate, until it becomes mud-slinging. Everything can be fun until someone loses an eye, and then hey... free eyeball!<br><br>DISLIKES<br>Anyone who thinks they're better than anyone else... for any reason. You can like what you want, believe what you want, say what you want, do what you want. Just don't tell me you are better than someone else because of what you believe.<br><br>STUFF I COLLECT<br>I am a packrat with ecclectic tastes by nature, so to list everything here would be futile. However, here is a basic list of stuff I collect: ankh pendants · comic books and graphic novels · movie/television scripts · action figures · artwork trading cards · vampire comic books, fiction and non-fiction books, movies, and music · Vampire: The Masquerade books · sarcastic buttons from Hot Topic · fortune cookie fortunes · die-cast automobiles · yo-yos · jigsaw puzzles · unusual bottles · SoBe bottle caps · hawaiian shirts · tie-dye shirts (most of which I dyed myself) · dreamcatchers (some of which I've made myself) · ceramic artwork (all of which I've painted myself) · anything created by Douglas Adams · anything created by Neil Gaiman · anything created by Joseph Michael Linsner · movies starring Angelina Jolie · movies written/directed by Kevin Smith · library books that I have yet to return · email addresses · links to cool websites like this one!
This is awesome news. SecondShifters has been my favorite online radio station for so long. I'm happy to hear about the new podcast. Great score on getting Hungry Lucy for the debut! Will you have an RSS feed for the podcast?

I'll mention your new podcast on my podcast over at OutOfTheCoffin.com on our next episode.

Rock on,
Dan

Edited by ElderDaniel, 10 February 2008 - 09:51 PM.

user posted image

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts

Very cool Atnevon thumbs up!

I'm glad you like what we're doing Vius.

I'll mention your new podcast on my podcast over at OutOfTheCoffin.com on our next episode.

That's very much appreciated ElderDaniel. I'll be sure to add your site to our links list on the main page. As for the podcast itself, it will in fact have its own RSS feed that you can use with your favorite feed program for easy listening.
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
This story is now on Digg.

Please please Digg-ify it and pass it on to all your friends:

http://digg.com/music/Hungry_Lucy_Interview_and_Chat

We want to have as large an audience as we possibly can for this.

Digg Digg Digg Digg Digg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users