Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SilentShadows.com and Open Mic Night Re-Open

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
Once upon a time (the year 2000), in a land far far away (Chicago), a tiny website called Silent Shadows (www.silentshadows.com) came to be born as a home for writers from all around to go to so that they could share themselves with the world. For its time, it enjoyed a good deal of interest, but with the internet still in its early stages of popularity at that point and with a slow down in content updates, the site slowly fell to the wayside.

Move forward to 2003 with the launch of Second Shifters Radio, and a portion of that site lived on to become the Open Mic Night, inviting writers to share both their writing and their voices with the rest of us on air, as a means to promote their own work and get their names out there. The idea again sparked a new interest from writers across the internet, and several writers that were originally involved have since redistributed the recordings they made for the project via their own websites, with a good deal of positive response from doing so.

Now we're ready to bring you the next incarnation of both projects, and we're adding a bit of a twist to the process to make things work even better than they did before.

Silent Shadows is re-launching today and is accepting new writing submissions immediately. Instead of being restricted to a set of hand picked writers, the site will now be open to all writers with the spirit and drive to share their work with us, and as we expand we will be giving those writers more options and resources for redistributing their work than we ever could before.

For any writers who are interested, whether their work is posted on Silent Shadows or elsewhere, we also invite you to submit your work to the Open Mic Night for review, where we will be hand picking writers to participate and make audio recordings of their writing, which will both be broadcast on air through the station and will also be distributed for download via our new Podcast feed.

So, if you're a writer that's long sought out for a new means of exposure, we would love to have you participate, and we will be glad to give you any help we can in spreading your work to the world. There is no cost involved and you retain all rights to your own work, with the right to have it removed from our site at any time you choose, so there is nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

To join in, head over to www.silentshadows.com and post your work by logging in on the left hand side, then hitting the 'Submit' link. New users can register using our 'New' link, or with the 'Register' link on the forums section. It's easy to sign up and only takes a few minutes to complete the process.

If you want to submit your work to our open mic night directly, you can also email a copy of your work to atnevon@secondshifters.com in any document format you prefer (or just plain text). Once your work has been reviewed and accepted, we will contact you back with all the details you need to make your recording. You won't need a special computer or a recording studio to make a decent recording, and we'll be glad to help you out with plenty of suggestions, so don't be afraid to submit something because you don't think you'll be able to record it. As long as you can speak it, we can find a way to record it.

We're sure that with your help we can make this project into something great, and we look foward to hearing from you all.

Recorded Announcement (MP3)
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Dexter in training.
I think it's a wonderful site project. :-)

I'vve already posted some starter stories in there in January during the testing phase. I'm so looking forward to read what others add!

YesI know I need to add to my one story still. Bad me.

but soon soonnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Posted Image

Sometimes it's in the darkness that we truly learn to see.

I'm Dexter in training - so watch it! Imma watchin' you!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users