Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

phoenixNEBULIN Chat Transcript & Podcast Interview

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
Friday evening, we were quite pleased to have the band phoenix/NEBULIN with us for our Live Chat and Interview Podcast Session on Second Shifters Radio ( http://www.secondshifters.com ).

The night started with a kick when we heard from the band in the on air interview and song mix. We learned a good deal about the band with the answers they gave, including a very unique story on the origin of the song Voce de la Luna that will definitely give you a surprise to hear.

After the interview aired, both Phoenix and NEBULIN stopped by our chat room to share themselves with us a bit more and we gained a number of new insights about their work. American Idol had a surprise influence in one of their songs, and there was even talk of how to properly 'care for your Phoenix'.

The band's latest CD Meridian is definitely worth picking up if you like what you hear and you'll also want to keep an eye out later this year for a new album called Lunacy.

To find more details on the band, including a link to their MySpace profile where you can buy their CDs and hear more of their music, you can view our detailed artist profile for phoenix/NEBULIN at:
http://www.secondshifters.com/artist/Phoen...N&view=detailed

And... now for what you're all waiting for, you can download our chat transcript and on air interview at:
Transcript - http://www.secondshifters.com/transcripts/..._05-09-2008.txt
Interview MP3 - http://www.secondshifters.com/interviews/p...N_Interview.mp3

We hope you enjoy them as much as Sanctuary and I enjoyed bringing them to you. If you do, be sure to drop the band a line to let them know and let us know what you thought too :)
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

LadyCrow

LadyCrow

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
The frequency with which you've been doing these spots and interviews is pretty impressive. Admittedly, I haven't tuned in mostly do to the time zone difference but I'm going to have a listen to this recording after SS stops playing music I like. Haha

[edit]
Very nice. Will have to get some more of their music definitely!

Edited by LadyCrow, 15 May 2008 - 08:04 AM.

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
Very Glad to hear you like them.

As to the frequency of the chat and interview sessions, credit for that really has to be given to Sanctuary, for setting up a very organized system for keeping these regular and having a back up queue of bands to start with. :)
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Dexter in training.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain - hes insane! :-p

Sanctuary is not responsible for anything. I'm just here for the popcorn and the ermmm - other foods. :-p

Lady crow - Glad you're enjoying them!

Feel free too if you have suggestions on ways to make things even better - we are all fangs - ermm I mean ears!!
Posted Image

Sometimes it's in the darkness that we truly learn to see.

I'm Dexter in training - so watch it! Imma watchin' you!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users