Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Owww Owww Owww

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
This is mainly just a post to be silly, but earlier this week, I bit the bullet (well, not quite literally, but close) and had my wisdom teeth removed. Oddly enough though, I don't really feel the bliss of ignorance with my wisdom gone... mainly just a bit of pain.

However, on a more serious note, I'm somewhat curious now as to how many of you out there regularly have your teeth checked out? Do you hit the dentist frequently for checkups so you can avoid problems, or do you like to avoid them because of the painful thoughts they float through your head?
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
I avoid the dentist because I have no insurance or money to see one with...otherwise I'd get my check ups done regularly so that I don't end up with problems like I have now...
just give me a minute, i'm thinking...

Posted Image

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Dexter in training.
I go every 6 months like clockwork.

The hygienist cleans me up all nice and checks me out. Once a year she'll do x rays and send in my sadist of a dentist in to see me and poke around.

I love my hygienist a lot as she teaches me things and answers lots of questions I have if she says something I don't understand. I like going in to see her.

I don't have dental coverage either - I pay myself - even when money is tight as - I would rather do that then wait years only to find out there is a serious issue. (As I've heard too many horror stories!)

Atnevon - despite the serious pain I know having that done caused you - I'm glad you finally went and did it. This is short term temporary pain - unlike the daily pain and headaches you were getting - this pain - will go away and take the other pain with it. PLUS - now the other problems that would have been caused by not removing them are all gone!!!

You were very brave and should be proud of yourself!

PS - I think the wisdom in wisdom teeth actually comes AFTER we remove them ;)
Posted Image

Sometimes it's in the darkness that we truly learn to see.

I'm Dexter in training - so watch it! Imma watchin' you!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
Dentist...evil...mother fucker...

*Uncontrollable violent twitching ensues.*

Edited by Shattered Skulls, 26 May 2008 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
LOl Shattered Skulls - yeah I think that is about right.

Mr. Atnevon - don't you have something to say regarding pain? hmmmmmm - hmmmm?
Posted Image

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts

Mr. Atnevon - don't you have something to say regarding pain? hmmmmmm - hmmmm?

Yes, yes I do! Thankies for the bump, as this is really good news :)

The pain in my mouth is officially gone. Not just the pain from the teeth being ripped out, but *all* of the pain is now gone. I had been hurting for quite a few years on a pretty constant basis, and just kept putting this off and putting this off. I'm so glad to have finally gotten this done, and the difference is incredible. I keep opening and closing my mouth again and again in amazement and awe.

Very big thanks have to go to Sanctuary who helped convince me to get it taken care of and I have to say that the 6 month check ups she does herself are definitely good advice for anyone to follow.

If you're worried you won't have the money for it, you'd be surprised the financing plans they have available these days (even if you have no dental coverage at all). And, if you can't find any directly through your own dentist's office, feel free to contact me directly and I'll get you info on the one I used through my dentist, which can actually be used at almost any dentist office here in the states (and possibly other countries too).
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

ViusSolaris

ViusSolaris

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Great that you had the courage to get it removed!

I just had a wisdom tooth that started growing it hurt pretty much for a while!

And now i am reminded i cannot afford going to the dentist because of stupidly high insurance expenses! :(

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street

• Members
  • 442 posts
I've never had the priviledge of getting teeth removed. Mine are too damned stubborn to get sick. Even with insurance, I don't see a dentist that much. I just don't like Medical Professionals in general. I see them when I need it.

As far as wisdom teeth go, mine actually rebalanced my jaw for me so they're staying in until they get weird.

But it sounds like you got rid of some pain, and that's always a good choice in the end.

style1,Starphoenix.png

http://www.aardwolf.com

I'm a good cook, really!

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
Atnevon:

I'm just glad you're not in constant pain anymore! :) Welcome back to freedom!

ViusSolaris:

Mine were wrapped around the nerves and impacted. I had to have a maxi-facial surgeon remove them. Was not any fun but gladly - I was asleep and remember nothing! :wizard:

*hugs* at the high cost. Believe you me I understand.

Plus - I have to go - what with all the stuff that gets stuck in my teeth from eating - ermm - things LOL

starphoenixkoroias:

Completely agree - if they aren't giving you trouble - no need to get them pulled. :)

I like the medical profession - then again I've been very lucky in most of my dealings with any of mine. They understand that I don't take anything they say at face value and allow me to work with them and not jsut blindly listen. After all - it's my body and regardless of their education in body - I still know my body better than they do. SO long as I have open minded ones around me - I'm all good.

I had one jerk of a Doctor - I fired him and replaced him with one that was more in tune with me. I think it's really important that we have medical people in our lives that work with us - not who think they are god.

I even go once a yearly for yearly physicals. I hate it. I loath it. I do it in the name of preventative medicine. :) I'm all for beating the problem before it happens.
Posted Image

Syrius

Syrius

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Location:Stepping off my porch and into my santuary. The night's embrace.
  • Interests:The Tarot, the Oracle, Various types of metal, older rock (nothing after 1996) Techno, some rap, (Young Jeezy's Recession is my shit) the paranormal, anime, reading and writing.
Never been to one..........lucky enough or fortunate to have near perfect teeth :D
I walk the path of Darkness, people say I'm evil for it, I say they are wrong.
Light and Dark by themselves are neutral entities, sure good generally chooses the light, while evil generally chooses the dark. However, it is not the path you walk, but how you walk it. It is not the power you weild, but how you weild it.

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

• Members
  • 507 posts

Atnevon:

I'm just glad you're not in constant pain anymore! :) Welcome back to freedom!

ViusSolaris:

Mine were wrapped around the nerves and impacted. I had to have a maxi-facial surgeon remove them. Was not any fun but gladly - I was asleep and remember nothing! :wizard:

*hugs* at the high cost. Believe you me I understand.

Plus - I have to go - what with all the stuff that gets stuck in my teeth from eating - ermm - things LOL

starphoenixkoroias:

Completely agree - if they aren't giving you trouble - no need to get them pulled. :)

I like the medical profession - then again I've been very lucky in most of my dealings with any of mine. They understand that I don't take anything they say at face value and allow me to work with them and not jsut blindly listen. After all - it's my body and regardless of their education in body - I still know my body better than they do. SO long as I have open minded ones around me - I'm all good.

I had one jerk of a Doctor - I fired him and replaced him with one that was more in tune with me. I think it's really important that we have medical people in our lives that work with us - not who think they are god.

I even go once a yearly for yearly physicals. I hate it. I loath it. I do it in the name of preventative medicine. :) I'm all for beating the problem before it happens.

:blink:

...I'm not even going to ask.

:ph34r:

And you got to sleep? I officially hate you. I don'g care what the dentist says; Novocaine don't do shit for a fucking root canal. I actually had a tooth removed last year just to avoid going through one; I'd gone through two already and wasn't about to go through another one even if they paid me cash to. :angry:

Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

:blink:

...I'm not even going to ask.

:ph34r:

And you got to sleep? I officially hate you. I don'g care what the dentist says; Novocaine don't do shit for a fucking root canal. I actually had a tooth removed last year just to avoid going through one; I'd gone through two already and wasn't about to go through another one even if they paid me cash to. :angry:

@Syrius

You're very lucky!

My fangs need care you know. <_<

LOL@ officially hate me. Ever not sleep for 48 - 76 hours? That's what it felt like when they tried to wake me up. I could not keep my eyes open. I just wanted to sleep and the bastards wouldn't let me. Made me cranky.

Then I had to eat to take the medicine and I was scared to eat as I couldn't feel anything and then I was a swollen chipmunk for a week. (My own fault as I refused to eat to take my medicine.)

I woke up once during it and couldn't move - that was freaky - did not like that one little bit. So to let him know I made noises and he gave me more stuff - which is probably why I wanted to sleep so badly after they woke me up to check on me.

ouchy on the root canal - I've heard about those and I never wish to experience it first hand!!

I'll give you one worse - I technically have a broken jaw, they want to fix it - and there is no way in hell I'm letting them. I could give you details on what they want to do but it's quite graphic and gruesome. Let's put it to you this way, it involves breaking my jaw, cutting my gums open, pulling down the teeth, shaving the bone where it's healed itself, stitching the gums back up and having the jaw wired for weeks.

I told them so long as it's not causing me pain - I'll live with it. Thank-you-very-much but NO WAY!

Besides - they'd probably neuter me and shave my pretty fangs down while I was sleeping. :angry: Yeah - I'm onto them!
Posted Image

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

• Members
  • 507 posts
Um...no. As in hell no. As in kiss my ass and fuck your mother no.

LOL

As in...ouch. :P

Wow...you're right, that's much worse. XD

Posted Image
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

Syana

Syana

Psychotically Insane

• Members
  • 2,858 posts
  • Interests:gone
every 6 months...if I have insurance Oo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users