Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Posting on freewebs?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
I've got a site that I've just added forums to. However, I can't seem to post. I fill out the whole form - e-mail (for e-mailing me about replies to the topic), subject, and message - but I hit Post and nothing happens.

Anyone here use Freewebs to host a site of their own? Ever encounter similar problems? How'd you deal with it?

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
I've never used Freewebs, but if you link me to your site I can take a poke around or two and see if I come up with any ideas for you. Also, as it will help narrow down the issue, does Freewebs come with a built in forum system or is this something you uploaded to their site and had to setup?
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

• Members
  • 507 posts
I believe there's a link in my profile, but here's a direct link anyway:

http://www.freewebs.com/lestat94/

As for the forums, they're inbuilt. I just had to actually add a forums page and then create the forums/subforums/etc. from there. I haven't done any work on this since I tried to post the rules of the forums initially.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by Shattered Skulls, 22 July 2008 - 06:18 PM.

Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
I registered a new account with the forums and it looks like it let me post without issues. Is it still giving you trouble?
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

• Members
  • 507 posts
Yes. I don't know why I can't post. I hit the 'Post' button and nothing happens. It's starting to piss me off. <_< Actually, it does say 'Posting Topic...' at the top. But it never does anything else. I even tried a different forum. Nothing.

<_<

Edited by Shattered Skulls, 31 July 2008 - 06:22 PM.

Posted Image
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
Sorry for the delay getting back to you here. This is one of those that might be better if you would be willing to do a remote desktop session so that I can see what's going on.

If you're up for it, hit me on any of my IMs and we'll get one setup for you :)

AIM: AtnevonRTBH
Yahoo: AtnevonRTBH
MSN: atnevonrtbh@hotmail.com

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

• Members
  • 507 posts
'Kay, thanks. I don't presently have YIM and've never used (or intend to use) ICQ, but I'll jot down your MSN. I've already added you on AIM, obviously. :)

EDIT
Okay, you're added on MSN. :)

Edited by Shattered Skulls, 04 August 2008 - 07:47 PM.

Posted Image
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
Hopefully we'll get you all sorted out today :)

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

• Members
  • 507 posts
XD We keep missing each other. LOL

If nothing else...

AIM: spacedjinni
MSN: pacmankwd
E-mail: drenchedinblood666@yahoo.com

And all you unwelcome peepers can put that quill, parchment, and ink bottle away right now! *Grabs cudgel.* :angry:

B)

Edited by Shattered Skulls, 06 August 2008 - 01:49 AM.

Posted Image
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users