Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any old schoolers still around?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

jwfrogem

jwfrogem

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:pizza tuesdays girls
I just came back randomly. Glad to see the site is thriving. I still have the old "STM" tag, though I haven't been spreading word lately. will have to become a regular listener and casual poster again. :wizard: just had to use the wizard
somtimes you feel like a nut somtimes you dont...-STM-

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

Friends don't let friends kill people.?

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:HvZ, nerf guns, graduating college, Islam, music, concerts, things.
We've seriously got to get this thing going again. We used to have so much fun on here back in the day. What has everyone been up to since SS?
I've graduated high school and am about to graduate college by next August. I'm a psychology major. I reverted to Islam a while back. A lot has changed since my crazy gothic/punk days. I wear full hijab these days (meaning I wear the headscarf and only show my hands, feet, and my face in public). I'm still quite the punk though. My personality is similar to what it was back then only I've matured a lot since then. Life is pretty great. I'm getting married in October to the man of my dreams. He's seriously a great guy- good enough to tame me! lol. Can't really think of anything else that's new. I'm sure I'll think of something.
Your turn!
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny
"touching, informative, inspirational, secondshifters"

Dirk

Dirk

There is one?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Interests:Totally out of whack.
On account of "who's doing what these days" I've done a lot of things the last 5 years.

2004/2005: therapy for a year to get several major mental speedbumps out of the way, side effect: gaining 85/90 pounds and feeling good about it.
2004: got job nr1 at a little contractor for drawing dormers and windows.
2005: quit job nr1 and was told not to expect to get any work within the next few months. One week later i had job nr2, leading projects and selling insulation panels. Eventually the orders ran out so i quit again.
2006: got job nr3 less than one week after quitting nr2. Still working there.

When it comes to bragging about job worth, i went up from about 5K-30K per project at job nr1, to 350M per project at the moment at job nr3 (note, thats project value).

As for the social and other things... i moved out, rented an appartment for 2 years, decided it was't firesafe and a disaster getting in and out, and moved on and bought a decent appartment.
Still single, atheist, white, male, a little less worked up in my head compared what it used to be.
So yeah, the teethgrinding frustrated angry skinny man is no more, the easygoing mental chaos library guy however is around and happy to be so.

The ancient name here used to be necronana, dropped that ages ago due to a shift in thinking, who needs masks anyway, if you want me just ask, i'm not running anymore.

Sidenote that occurred to me after posting: i'm still no good when it comes to getting everything i think about on paper, both in writing or drawing - everything rushes past in such an insane speed it's just impossible to do.
So yeah, still crazy, but in a different way.

Edited by Dirk, 14 June 2009 - 12:12 PM.

Unauthorized Copying is not only forbidden, but will prey upon your conscience, spoil your sleep, destroy your complexion, and eventually will wind up turning you into the kind of person who drinks methylated spirits out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag, and who lives under bridges, burps noxiously, and prays day and night for release from the unsupportable burden their life has become. We thought you'd appreciate the warning.
Originally from a Neil Gaiman cd, so i might suffer from all the things mentioned above.

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

• Members
  • 43 posts
yay! Glad to hear things are going well, Dirk!
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
You look alot healthier in your more recent pics, Dirk.
Good to hear you've got yourself a good man, n_joy_n_sorrow. :)
I'm getting married as well, next week! :lol:
Seriously, though.

Let's see here...
Since the old days...
I was expelled from highschool senior year. Did a great deal of construction work, mostly carpentry. Went to college for a little bit in Tacoma, WA. Ended up living on the streets, so broke I quit all my bad habits. Came back to Alaska. Worked on a Salmon fishing boat the following summer. Fired up the old habit engine again. Spent some time being an unemployed drug-dealing vagabond. Got a job as a line cook at a bar/grill/hotel, ended up the kitchen manager. Broke up with the evil, cheating, soul-eating succubus I had at the time. Quit the kitchen job because I was tired of being jerked around by the ass-hole general manager. Started dating Amanda, my now almost-wife. Did alot of plumbing and more general construction work. Drank, ALOT. Went to Germany for a while. Wandered around Bayern with my woman. Drank, ALOT. Got screwed over financially by my bitch of an aunt. Came back to Alaska with my woman. Got a job in an industrial warehouse as a receiving/out-going clerk. Got laid off the following winter, along with half of the staff of Familian North America. Cooked here and there. Drank, ALOT. Did more plumbing. Knocked up Amanda. Got a job as the kitchen manager at another bar/grill/hotel. Salvaged a shitload of lumber. Built an awesome greenhouse in my back yard. Amanda gave birth to our awesome son, Torsten. The local economy virtually collapsed. Got laid off when they shut down the kitchen.

Currently...
Got my Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Technician & Industrial Safety and Petrochemical Health & Safety certifications. Drawing unemployment benefits for the first time in my life. Which I must say, is pretty fucking sweet. It's my money damnit, and I refuse to feel guilty for having to do it just because the economy of the town is barely crawling. Knocked up Amanda again. XD Contemplating bootlegging beer, wine, and moonshine. Getting married on Sunday June 21st, Summer Solstice. And just generally being Mr. Mom while Amanda makes $12.75 an hour. The way I hear it there's going to be oil work in July. I'm crossing my fingers. :)

So that's that. In a nut shell. :)

Cyrus

Cyrus

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Being the best husband and father I can be. Playing bass. Writing. Spending Money.
It seems when one of us pop up we all pop up, course I am always kinda popping in and out around here.

Married...Three Kids...nice house...nice cars...nice bank roll...everything I could ask for...what the hell happened to wanting to take over the world..now I am working in the system as an upstanding citizen, member of the city council. Taking down the punk kids these days that are basically just how I was...but I guess I care about my little town more these days I dunno. Maybe one day I can be Mayor.

it is good to get on here and see some familiar faces though. Normally I see people that joined a year or so ago and I don't know what to say to them. Ha, not that I have known what to say to half the people in here anytime anyways. Always the shadow poster...if it seems I need to post I do it :lol:

THE ENRAGED MONKEY!!!

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE AND MONKEYS DO TOO (if they've got a gun)

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

• Members
  • 43 posts
Wow. Seems we're all doing pretty sweet. And they said us kids would never amount to nothing! LULZ.

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

• Members
  • 43 posts
Bad grammar was on purpose btw.

robot

robot

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:technology, anime, drawing, politics and conspiracies, pretty much everything cyber, dark stuff
Well. I am here.
The junkyard whispers my name...again and again
Q. Are you going to Hell?
A. Are we there yet? I've gotta pee pee.

Project 6209 - Industrial/Electronica/Alternative straight from Chicago
Project 6209 @ Myspace.com
Project 6209 @ Last.fm
Project 6209 @ Facebook
maschinetheist on DeviantArt

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
I'm not about much anymore, but I'm not about alot of places anymore.

Quick update: Engaged, no date set. He's got two little girls who like me well enough. Still no major job stuff, tho I'm looking into going back to school and getting a more useful degree than the one I've already got. We're in the process of buying property (well, we've taken over payments on the property his dad was buying, he no longer wanted it) and if all goes well we'll be property owners by our early thirties. Then we'll work on building a good house on it.

I've gotten very domestic these days. All about being home to cook for my familly in the evenings, which can make finding a job difficutl. Family comes first, and we're doing well enough atm. If it becomes a case of not having food to cook for them, then I'll take whatever job I can get ahold of. People think i'm retarded for wanting to spend time with my family, but they can suck something nasty for all I care on the subject.

And that's pretty much it.

To Enki: Grats on the up coming nuptials and the second little one!
just give me a minute, i'm thinking...

Posted Image

Scypher

Scypher

Thidwick the Big-Heated Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Interests:I used to write lost my inspiration a long time., and i give up on it

Now i build Race cars, circle track and drag racing
    and i build off road trucks
Oo
there are some names and faces that i remember. Chaos i met you inpassing but most of you guys N_jo, enki, Dirk,and so on, it's so good to hear your all doin so well.

I cam about here my senior year of highschool 04. and have seen many people come ago. Unfortunately i was one that left came back for a bit the left again, somthing about really life getting in the way, but i digress.

Since i've been gone I got a promotoin at work (goodyear auto service center) got invovled with someone, and i was head over heels. got heavy into dragracing. a good bit of time went by things started to get rocky with him. at the time i Drank i worked and i raced. things leveled out, i caught the fucker cheating (caught them while fuckin too) and found bags of meth everywhere. i split for a while took off on my bike and stayed gone for a week to clear my head, stayed drunk more and i stopped racing. boss man set me down and laid out a bunch of shit and i got my act back together quick drinkin got promoted again to a full fledged auto technician, Things leveled out with Evan (the him from above) got into a fight cops where called i ended up in jail he ended up inthe hospital then in jail, and i cut all contact with him. few months later i got laid off. i lost my car, lost my tool box had to sell my bike. sold my pride and joy (a fourwheel drive truck that i had $9000) and lost my ass on it bad. I heard Evan OD'ed and almost died and is now in rehab. I"m back workin at Goodyear for a little less pay but a job is a job. I"m backin to racing have me a race car now and i'm crew cheif for a pit crew in dirt track racing, and jave plans to build dirttrack car and maybe another fourwheel drive.

I stay busy so i don't get to coem by here ans much as i want to. but we had some hella good times here, and i miss them dearly. And i wish all the best to the friends that i made here

Scy

things are looking up for Scypher
It's better to die quick

Fighting on your feet

Than to live forever

Begging on your knees

QV`

QV`

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
I used to have an autoop in the IRC channel in late 2003 for a while... do I count? ;)

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
Well, it's good that you're back on the level Scy. Shit goes sour sometimes especially when bullshit like meth is involved. I've lost alot of friends to drugs. Which isn't to say they've died. They're still alive, but they might as well be dead. There's nothing left of them after they get into that shit.

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
I think quite a few changes have happened to us all over the years, but it's definitely nice seeing so many coming out the better for it :)
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

• Members
  • 43 posts
*hugs everyone!*

Doe Bathory

Doe Bathory

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC!<br>Trying to convince everyone that I'm not this perverted, sensual, erotic mistress of sex and debauchery.<br>Writing.<br>Mocking the afflicted.<br>Having a problem with every kind of authority there is.
I'm more round than I used to be. Need to lose some weight!
The heart that I love must have wild places.

user posted image

Mattom

Mattom

I know this because Mattom knows this.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Interests:Music, literature, sex, people, culture, writing, software, web design, fashion, movies, moviemaking, playwriting, playwrights, goth, techno, wisdom, loneliness, void in the heart, Village obliteration, Squirrely wrath, my ex, traveling.
Wow, it seems I got here late, even to the old-schoolers post!!!

I come from the days of Tozzy, Scypher, Tool, Mrs. Tool, Shatterd Skulls, Dirk, QoIMar, Dark Desire, Opticallusion, Cyrus, Enki Anunaki, n_joy n_sorrow, And Chaos used to DJ, as did Spyder and Cygnus. BonesWWW never showed his face ever again and we used to be constantly bothered by Turk. I remember Waterbabes broadcasting some God Lives Underwater and reading some Darwin awards online while we were all drunk in different parts of the world.

Since I last snooped around here I have done several things. I have published one novel and different stories in literary magazines. I live alone and have been with a steady girlfriend for nearly two years and a half. I am still working as an english teacher, but I am also representing the embassy of the States in my country as a teacher trainer and trainer of trainers in professional development. No major economical advances due to sever family drawbacks. My brother was murdered two years ago and my parents didn't take it well. Still brooding intellectual revolution and hooked to the good tunes, writing and doing photography on blogs. URLs available on signature.

I am really curious about all these, because it had been a good deal of months since I last checked the site and took the time to read through the forums. And I found this thread full of people I remember. I keep a kind of track of Enki's through Facebook and I surmise what I can from Dirk's Gmail status. I am real happy to read from old friends like Scypher and Tozzy and everyone in general.

Let's see, what else do I remember. I remember used to be a sphere at which bottom there was an old sofa. We used to listen ot lots of Apoptygma Berzerk, VNV Nation, Wumpscut, Razed in Black, Electric Hellfire Club. On the chat I used to go as either Mattom or Vudkah or Allurah or Tablecloth.

Atnevon has always been around.

I wonder where QoIMar is.

Keep coming back, you people!!!!

:ph34r: PH34R D4H NEENJ4H!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by Mattom, 27 October 2009 - 12:27 AM.

I love mankind, it's people I can't stand.
[URL]YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS WAR

[URL=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/]user posted image

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

• Members
  • 43 posts
I remember you! It's nice to see a few friendly screen names pop up now and again. It's also good to hear about the lives behind those names.

Hey! I'm an old married woman now! ha ha! Not to old...but certainly a lot older than I was in my active SS days!
Heh..I've also got two whole gray hairs now! :lol: :unsure:
Not that any of you would be able to tell. *sigh* It makes me think back to the days when I would have paid a lot of money to have two streaks of gray hair. So goth. And now that I have them I'm just like "...........*frown*......meh *shrugs* oh well"
It's funny how things change.

robot

robot

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:technology, anime, drawing, politics and conspiracies, pretty much everything cyber, dark stuff
So who's still alive? Sound off in the bi-annual SS cookoff.
The junkyard whispers my name...again and again
Q. Are you going to Hell?
A. Are we there yet? I've gotta pee pee.

Project 6209 - Industrial/Electronica/Alternative straight from Chicago
Project 6209 @ Myspace.com
Project 6209 @ Last.fm
Project 6209 @ Facebook
maschinetheist on DeviantArt

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
:blink: You know, my old account that was lost to the digital N-Zone was dated probably 2004-2005 around there....
Still don't make me old enough though.... *barbacues marshmallows over an open pit fire and passes them around*
don't mind the smell from the pit........I forgot to rinse it out

Edited by Starphoenix Koroias, 29 December 2009 - 06:56 PM.

style1,Starphoenix.png

http://www.aardwolf.com

I'm a good cook, really!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users