Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lifes strange turnings...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Dexter in training.
The age old questions.

I had a dream on Thursday night. Quite a disturbing one. I don't often have those. In it - I was someone else - from LA - but even though they were them in the dream - they were really me in another body. In the dream, I had injured the back of my knee somehow - there was a gaping hole and blood was going everywhere. I grabbed a towel to try to help as there was so much blood. I knew I was in real trouble. I grabbed a cell phone and called 911. I remember thinking they weren't going to be able to find me. I wasn't at home - I was somewhere else. I was in LA.

I passed out thinking they weren't going to find me in time and I was going to die. When I woke up in the dream I was in the hospital. Alive.

On the Friday morning - in my waking life - I ran into a gentleman. The conversation was quite different.

He started out the conversation, out of the blue, by asking me if I minded him getting very personal with me. I told him I didn't mind at all.

He proceeded to tell me about his wife, how she was the same skin tone as me, same color eyes and red hair. How I should keep out of the sun. Now what's interesting about this is I am very pale - I do keep out of the sun. You can tell this by looking at me. He told me she has skin cancer on her legs and thankfully is okay.

What odd about that? Well for one - seeing how pale I am - it's obvious I avoid the sun. I am however going to LA in a few weeks time in September, one of our biggest concerns about me going was how pale I am. So we've taken extra care to see to it.

Okay the next part of my conversation with him gets really interesting.

Again, the conversation began about his wife. He said he didn't know of I had children or had planned to but his wife, being of the same tons and skin as me was a bleeder and during child birth nearly died as a result. He said he just wanted me to know that I was a bleeder and just to be aware of it but not to worry - just to be prepared.

At that point his manors and wording were very clear - he wasn't talking about his wife - he was talking about me - in a very specific way. (Andit wasn't about just childbirth either.) My gut tingled.

When he left - he didn't say what most people say. It wasn't have a nice day or have a good weekend or take care. It was "Have a really good life."

In my life I've experienced a lot of things like this - some more subtle - some undeniably odd. I no longer believe that every thing is random or coincidence. I've learnt that if you pay attention - the universe always gives clues and signs - however subtle. We've simply forgot how to read those sign posts.

So how about you - do you believe there is more to life than random things? Every had any experiences?
Posted Image

Sometimes it's in the darkness that we truly learn to see.

I'm Dexter in training - so watch it! Imma watchin' you!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
Your dream and the words of the man you ran into definitely have an eerie feeling to them. Given all the 'coincidences' with what's going on in your life and just how out of the blue it was for him to mention what he did, I'd really have to side with you in saying that I think there was an underlying current driving the conversation from a force beyond what most of us can ever hope to understand.

Needless to say, please have a safe trip to LA. The world needs a Sanctuary in it, and it's a much better place because of the one it has.

So how about you - do you believe there is more to life than random things? Every had any experiences?

If you ask me to pick a specific religion or belief to go with, I'll tell you I'm really on the fence with a lot of things and quite honestly I'm still forming the beliefs that I do have, and I'm sure I'll still be forming them for the rest of my life. However, if you ask me if there is something higher at work, I'd have to, at this point, say that I do believe there is something higher at work.

I've never seen it at work in quite so direct a way as you have, but I know there's a lot of things in my life that happened at just the right moment to make them truly matter.

When I was younger there was an incident I had with a canoe where I came close to drowning, and when I came up to the surface of the water, it felt like the first time in my life where I was really 'awake' and in touch with the emotional side of myself. If that hadn't happened right when it did, I don't think I'd be the same person I am today, and it was exactly what I needed when I needed it. It wasn't as profound as having someone walk up and make a connection to a dream I had, but it was enough to let me know something was out there watching and guiding :)
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Dexter in training.

Your dream and the words of the man you ran into definitely have an eerie feeling to them.  Given all the 'coincidences' with what's going on in your life and just how out of the blue it was for him to mention what he did, I'd really have to side with you in saying that I think there was an underlying current driving the conversation from a force beyond what most of us can ever hope to understand.

This happens to me regularly - you'd think I'd be used to it by now. LOL

I never ceases to amaze me though and I know I can't possibly be the only one!

Needless to say, please have a safe trip to LA.  The world needs a Sanctuary in it, and it's a much better place because of the one it has.

Awwee thanks Atnevon. :D

I will be safe I promise. I can't say I'm not a little nervous after everything people keep telling me. I'm trying to tune it out a little.

It's the one City in the world I've avoided my whole life. Not because of anything anyone's said in the past. I just never had a desire to go. In fact, I've never wanted to go to California - ever. It's never been on my top list of places to go. In fact - it's never even been on my list of places to want to go either. Odd considering my background. But - I'm finally starting to get excited about going! (I will be maknig a thread about it soon :D )

If you ask me to pick a specific religion or belief to go with, I'll tell you I'm really on the fence with a lot of things and quite honestly I'm still forming the beliefs that I do have, and I'm sure I'll still be forming them for the rest of my life.  However, if you ask me if there is something higher at work, I'd have to, at this point, say that I do believe there is something higher at work.

Relgion is hard. I can't pick one "right" one either.

If there is one thing I know about me - I end up where I'm needed too. Even If I don't know it at the time. Fighting it just prologues it. LOL (and yes - even in knowing that I fight it at least 50% of the time. What? Someone's got to give the fates a run for their money!)

People stop me for no reason and say the most random things that often have meaning later, even in a small way. Sometimes they just stare at me - as if they've seen a ghost. I walk into a room - the stares - the stares. (I'm always looking for the peanut butter on my nose or something! Either that or I have alien antennas that everyone else but me can see!)

So people - stop staring - you're freaking me out!!! Just say "Hello." and smile. That would do nicely. :)

I've never seen it at work in quite so direct a way as you have, but I know there's a lot of things in my life that happened at just the right moment to make them truly matter.

When I was younger there was an incident I had with a canoe where I came close to drowning, and when I came up to the surface of the water, it felt like the first time in my life where I was really 'awake' and in touch with the emotional side of myself. 

See it can be something as simple as what you experienced. It fundamentally changes your point of view. It was what you needed at that time and at the moment.

I'm willing to bet you've had more - but they are maybe subtle and feel insignificant but they're not.
Posted Image

Sometimes it's in the darkness that we truly learn to see.

I'm Dexter in training - so watch it! Imma watchin' you!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users