Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starting a Petition

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
This email was sent to the both the White House and the Prime Minister of Canada in hopes that they might hear our plea for a new holiday. Are there any backers out there who might want to sign their name to supporting it?

;)

Hello to the governments of Canada and the United States,

I am here today to speak on behalf of the citizens of both our great nations, with a request for you that I believe will lead to untold economic stimulation and a much stronger dollar in both of our countries.  It is my hope that you will take a moment to listen to the proposal, even if you have your doubts to its effectiveness.

As you walk through the streets these days, you may notice more and more the presence of dark circles under people's eyes.  You might see that people aren't as chipper and upbeat as they once were, and you may find that those people that aren't quite morning people are seeming to have 'mornings' that last until about 2 in the afternoon.

What's the cause of this trend?  Well, with the downturn our economy has had lately and the consolidating of jobs that is taking place all over our countries, everyone is having to work a lot harder just to get by.  Some are pulling extra hours, some are taking their work home with them, and some are even getting second and third jobs to work in addition to the full time jobs they are already working.  Add this to the stress that goes with rising gas prices and a loss of job security and it's no surprise at all that people are getting less and less time to just relax, and less and less time to get a good night's sleep.

A lot of people say there should be an extra day in the week to allow for catch up and extra sleep, but I know you'll shrug that idea away as non-viable and unrealistic, so I'm coming to you with an alternate proposal: the day of sleep.

This will be a government mandated *paid* holiday that every company should provide for every worker.  To keep the costs of doing this reasonable, the holiday should occur once every month and our governments should allocate funds in their budgets to help re-imburse businesses for half of their costs.  For businesses that must be staffed 24/7, workers should be mandated overtime pay at time and a half for any hours worked.

With an extra day of rest in the month, it is my firm belief that workers everywhere will have more energy to carry themselves on, and as a result will be more energetic and work efficient when they are at their day to day jobs.  It would be a huge break for all of us, and one that I don't mind saying that we all deserve for the added workload that we are all enduring right now.

Thank you again for your time,

One of the many many tired people out there

The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Dexter in training.
I did forward this to everyone at "work" - understandably I'm sure my boss doesn't doesn't agree. ;) Gimme time - you work on our governments - I'll work on him ;)

:lol:

First steps in taking over the world dontcha know!
Posted Image

Sometimes it's in the darkness that we truly learn to see.

I'm Dexter in training - so watch it! Imma watchin' you!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

ChaosRTBH

ChaosRTBH

Evil Mastermind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Nap Time day?? I'm all for it :)
user posted image
you look pretty.......pretty tasty

"user posted image
I like burritos!!

user posted image"
I adopted a cute lil' ninja fetus
from Fetusmart! Hooray fetus!

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
AMEN.

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street

• Members
  • 442 posts
Dear Hapless Individuals,

We have read your proposal and have discovered that we already do
indeed have a National Day of Sleep. It is called Thanksgiving. And in
Canada we have a similar program in effect. As to the rest, we feel
that it is inappropriate to allow anyone to sleep. As a matter of fact, in
order to further stimulate the economies of both nations, we are
instituting a once-a-week "Stay Awake for 24 Hours" day. We feel that if you were to work for 24 hours straight that it would vastly improve
the amount of work being done, and therefore we could shorten
the work week to incorporate an extra day of rest.

The government funds you request have already been set aside for
political reasons and are being instituted in Project Fat Bottom.

We feel that your sleep program has promise. We shall form an international committee to do a 50-year research program about your
sleep program using the nation of the Maldives. The results of the program will be available to you then, provided you send a self-addressed stamped box and a check for $255,000 dollars to us at that
time.

Thank you. -- Your Government

style1,Starphoenix.png

http://www.aardwolf.com

I'm a good cook, really!

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
@ChaosRTBH and Shattered Skulls:

WOOT!

@starphoenixkoroias

:( That's just so damn wrong. *pouts*

LOL but so accurate! :lol:
Posted Image

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

@starphoenixkoroias

:(  That's just so damn wrong. *pouts*

LOL but so accurate!  :lol:

I thought that might tickle you between a couple of things that'd make you giddy *points to a conceals spot on Sanctuary's body*

If any has a retort for that letter, I'll issue a State of the Union letter..... so reply at your own risk from now on *cackle*

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

@starphoenixkoroias

:(  That's just so damn wrong. *pouts*

LOL but so accurate!   :lol:

I thought that might tickle you between a couple of things that'd make you giddy *points to a conceals spot on Sanctuary's body*

If any has a retort for that letter, I'll issue a State of the Union letter..... so reply at your own risk from now on *cackle*

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Write it! Write it!

I wants to read it :)
Posted Image

ChaosRTBH

ChaosRTBH

Evil Mastermind

• Members
  • 196 posts

Dear Hapless Individuals,

We have read your proposal and have discovered that we already do
indeed have a National Day of Sleep. It is called Thanksgiving. And in
Canada we have a similar program in effect. As to the rest, we feel
that it is inappropriate to allow anyone to sleep. As a matter of fact, in
order to further stimulate the economies of both nations, we are
instituting a once-a-week "Stay Awake for 24 Hours" day. We feel that if you were to work for 24 hours straight that it would vastly improve
the amount of work being done, and therefore we could shorten
the work week to incorporate an extra day of rest.

The government funds you request have already been set aside for
political reasons and are being instituted in Project Fat Bottom.

We feel that your sleep program has promise. We shall form an international committee to do a 50-year research program about your
sleep program using the nation of the Maldives. The results of the program will be available to you then, provided you send a self-addressed stamped box and a check for $255,000 dollars to us at that
time.

Thank you. -- Your Government

I used to take one of those up for 24 hour days the first time around that I worked graveyard. now I actually have ALOT easier time with it. 12 hour shifts take alot out of ya in that little transition phase
user posted image

"user posted image
I like burritos!!

user posted image"

ChaosRTBH

ChaosRTBH

Evil Mastermind

• Members
  • 196 posts
however, I have a note that I just thought of for Atnevon.

the part where you noted for the places staffed 24/7 to get a mandated overtime time and a half pay.

what about the people that work Salary? that's actually my current situation so for a stipulation like that, people like me would be fucked.
user posted image

"user posted image
I like burritos!!

user posted image"

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

Write it! Write it!

I wants to read it :)

We have taken a non-commital stance from this point forth until Sanctuary pays a pennance for loss of respect points. Please forward all complaints to the complaints office, located on the 13th Basement Level of Building 13 on 13th Street between the hours of 13:00 and 13:01, 7 days a week.

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users