Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

One of the reasons I respect the police

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninte...ticle750838.ece

I'd quote part of it, but there's just too much. You just really have to read it.
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Dexter in training.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninte...ticle750838.ece

I'd quote part of it, but there's just too much. You just really have to read it.

That is probably one of the most heartbreaking things I've read in a long time.

I have no words.

That family is great though. Gives me back a little faith in humanity that I sometimes loss every now and again.
Posted Image

Sometimes it's in the darkness that we truly learn to see.

I'm Dexter in training - so watch it! Imma watchin' you!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Isedon

Isedon

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Reading (Fantasy, Sci-Fi), Wood carving, Games, Poetry, Runes, Dragons, Occult, Exploring, Symbols, Figuring out how things work, Listening to Music, People Watching, Disecting Code, Making things work, Philosophy, Mythology, Nicola Tesla, Etymology, Random facts that everyone else forgets, Meditation, Caves... I like to know a little bit about everything ;-p
I think its great that the article started with a "This is how well she's doing now" kind of section. As a Dad, I can't see how the mother could let something like this go as far as it did without asking for help from someone along the way. Things could have turned out a lot worse for this girl, I'm very happy that she is responding so well to a new family *bittersweet smiles*

atinuj1313

atinuj1313

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 11 posts
This is just another example of how the police are incapable of protecting the innocent. As a child I grew up in an abusive household, my brother would violently beat on my parents, my dad being in his 50s. For 14 years my brother would terrorize the house throwing violent tantrums and causing damage to my house, my family, and our lives. On multiple occasions he put my mother in the hospital, and we all walk around today scarred for life from this. I am away from the abuse most of the time now but the scars from him stabbing and beating me still run deep. He still has open hunting season with beating on my parents, they are getting older, and the police have been promising to arrest him "the next time" they come out to the house, it has been 14 years and probably 100 calls and no help.

The police do a good job of handing out speeding tickets or investigating robbery but when it comes to domestic situations of severe abuse they allow the innocent victims to suffer for years. Dani would have been much better off if there had been some follow up, or to have taken her from the situation before hand. Abuse is too much for a child to endure and leave un damaged. Police should know this, they should protect the innocent. It is their job, we pay them with our taxes for what?...to sit back and refuse to protect the people who pay them?

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
Kill them.
Kill them all.
The mother, if you could even sully the word by calling her that, the brothers.

They had experienced society, what it means to be civilized human. They knew better.

What they did to this little girl is unforgivable and I think they all deserve to die miserable painful deaths, slow and agonizing.

I am glad Danielle is better now. But she will never be normal.

I don't believe any of the latter statements of the mother.

She's a worthless lying waste of flesh.

This makes me so angry I can't express.

I never believed in the concept of a "sin."

Now I do. This is it.

atinuj1313

atinuj1313

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 11 posts
Its a shame that we all are being forced to contribute to this sort of torture. I for one do not believe that we should have to pay for services that we are not receiving. The police and child protective services are all publicly funded services that rely solely on tax payer's money and yet there is no regulatory system of common people who ensure that work is being done to protect and service the needs of the community. The systems be it judicial or even the military do not always serve the best interests of the people and society in general. They behave on their personal desires and think they can do as they wish and constantly complain that we are not paying them enough...and for what? To allow innocent people to be tortured and die (even if it is just their personality and persona).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users