Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Good Bands to see live

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lady Opheliac

Lady Opheliac

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Music...<br />Art...<br />Music...<br />Theatre...<br />Music.
Live music is amazing; Share the experiance.

I am about 2 years in to my music giging life, and i thought we could share our experiances.

I have seen Mindless Self Indulgence twice. They are brilliant, very entertaining, even if i did get crushed in the second gig. They have a great stage presence, and can get the audience to do almost anything. Great times.

I recomend if anyone can go and see Amanda Palmer, she is amazing. She is better live than the CD (and the CD is pretty brilliant). For those who don't know her, look her up. She is also part of the group The Dresden Dolls. I don't know what it was, but her consert was just breath taking. her voice so raw, and you really saw her talent on the piano.

they are my fave gigs, i'll speak more bout others later.
what are your experiances?
"And still the statues cry, the queen bee flies...
we try our damndest to explain the reasons why and how and when and where...
we're getting nowhere. No doors deep inside this corridor
of space and time... if space and time exist.
Oh we'll persist, if we exist. Are you listening?" - The Legendary Pink Dots

TheArtOfSuicide dA VictorianQueen's tweets

Gabriel

Gabriel

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Anything that makes my body move to the sound of the music. It makes my wings spread out so i can fly. I'd rather fly in doors.

Burn is the name and magic is my game, I'm a summoner of many things but angels; they don't like what I'm doing.

My name, i really do like my REM name only because Caz (that's what the beginning of his name sounds like) named me out of spite for his brother because the Arc Gabriel, no matter how much he curses the human race and kills us off one by one, he is still accepted by God as his Death Angel.
Nice, im more of a heavy metal kind of person. Recently i have went to the All Hope Is Gone Tour.
They are not that bad live. Corey Taylor Sounds a lot better than usual.

Static X was a good band to see live BUT....i did not like his band in an area where they're four walls surrounding them with a roof....they sound off and too overwhelming. Static X is the kind of band that is and always will be better to see live and out side than inside.

My Immortal....that's a good one to see live!! the band is quiet awesome, shes has a gorgeous voice and a nice tat sleeve going on.

All of them have one thing in common.....every time i went to a concert i managed some how to get BEER dumped on my head....EVERY DARN TIME....and i don't drink BEER.....
I guess beer is attracted to me.... :dancingbunny: LMAO

I don't go out much but above is what i experienced so far..... :D

Edited by Gabriel, 25 May 2009 - 08:16 PM.

"Time comes when the the cold sets in and puts Gods work into a deep Coma like slumber, this my friends is called death and it could never be oh so beautiful this time of the year."

Tomorrow is another day to find out if your going to die or not, better get to work
before Dark angel of death comes back for more than just his redemption's.

Final thought for the day:

Did you know that President Obama signed his stimulus package at the same desk where President Clinton got his package stimulated?

~ Azriel's daughter

Lady Opheliac

Lady Opheliac

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Music...<br />Art...<br />Music...<br />Theatre...<br />Music.
Metal gigs are fun to go too, and there i think the beer is attracted to anyone. atleast it wasn't warm be thankfull for that (it is really discusting when that happens).

I like the industrial scene a little more though because of the costumes you get.

Deathstars were great, the lead had such a brilliant voice, and although they wern't in the best of rooms, they made the best of the show. and they had some awsome support acts. Marionette (a sweedish band) where brillaint really lively.

Emilie Autumn, my gosh you get some awsome costumes as well there, everyone dresses up for hers. You don't just get a gig with her, you get a theatrical production. She brings some dancers that she calls her bloody crumpets and they perform for you while she sings. i though the gig could have been better, however thinking about it and the budget they are on i think it was pretty good. Most of the set and stuff was handmade but it gave it that 'feel'

Edited by Lady Opheliac, 25 May 2009 - 08:59 PM.

"And still the statues cry, the queen bee flies...
we try our damndest to explain the reasons why and how and when and where...
we're getting nowhere. No doors deep inside this corridor
of space and time... if space and time exist.
Oh we'll persist, if we exist. Are you listening?" - The Legendary Pink Dots

TheArtOfSuicide dA VictorianQueen's tweets

robot

robot

Hop On Pop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:technology, anime, drawing, politics and conspiracies, pretty much everything cyber, dark stuff
Combichrist is awesome to see live, and so is VNV Nation. They deliver a ton of energy. Another good one is Prodigy (had epic fun time in May when they were in Chicago). NIN's great too, but it's kinda hard to enjoy the show with all the people pushing and shoving around. I prefer the industrial shows, less people and you can actually dance your balls off.
The junkyard whispers my name...again and again
Q. Are you going to Hell?
A. Are we there yet? I've gotta pee pee.

Project 6209 - Industrial/Electronica/Alternative straight from Chicago
Project 6209 @ Myspace.com
Project 6209 @ Last.fm
Project 6209 @ Facebook
maschinetheist on DeviantArt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users