Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you think TV is worth watching anymore?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: TV Opinion Poll (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Is TV worth watching, paid or free?

1. TV is worth watching either way. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. TV is worth watching, just not paid. (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Even free TV sucks. (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. TV? Huh? Can I eat it? (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

How much do you watch TV?

1. As much as I can, work gets in the way. (0 votes [0.00%])

2. My couch/chair has my butt imprint on it. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. I enjoy it, but don't go out of my way for it. (1 votes [16.67%])

4. I have two or three shows I bother with. (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

5. I only watch it to make sure it works. (0 votes [0.00%])

6. TV? Huh? Can I eat it? (1 votes [16.67%])

Could you live without a TV in the house?

1. No way in the 9 Hells will that happen. (1 votes [16.67%])

2. I have one only for my DVD/Blu-Ray player or my video game console. (2 votes [33.33%])

3. If it came down to it, probably. (2 votes [33.33%])

4. TV? Huh? Can I eat it? (1 votes [16.67%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
I watch TV here and there, but I've never really been a fan of it. As a younger person I loved the cartoons cause they were cool back then (Transformers, GI Joe, etc...) but now it's kinda hard to watch.
The CSI's, NCIS, Wipeout, maybe the Tonight Show (Conan isn't exactly easy to watch) but really I don't watch as much as I used to.
If it weren't for my PS2, I'd probably almost not have one (I said almost, there are things I still like to watch).

But really, with all the commercials and the crappy fake reality shows (I mean seriously...the Bachelor? Survivor? American Idol? really...those are so badly staged it's not even funny. The WWE is better...)
There are a few golden spots (Retro TV network, hey the A-Team is cool even 20 years later)

But what do you think?

style1,Starphoenix.png

http://www.aardwolf.com

I'm a good cook, really!

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!
I watch IFC when there are interesting movies on, sometimes I watch Adult Swim late at night when I'm drunk, and I most commonly watch the Sci-Fi channel. Sometimes I still like to watch The History channel or the Military Channel. It really depends on my mood. And since I only really watch TEEVEE at night it limits my choices. Paid programming and worthless nonsense constitute the majority of night time television. I don't actually watch much TEEVEE, come to think of it. An hour or less per day. Sometimes I don't watch TEEVEE for days on end.

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

I watch IFC when there are interesting movies on, sometimes I watch Adult Swim late at night when I'm drunk, and I most commonly watch the Sci-Fi channel. Sometimes I still like to watch The History channel or the Military Channel. It really depends on my mood. And since I only really watch TEEVEE at night it limits my choices. Paid programming and worthless nonsense constitute the majority of night time television. I don't actually watch much TEEVEE, come to think of it. An hour or less per day. Sometimes I don't watch TEEVEE for days on end.

Adult Swim is one of those things IMO that makes pay TV even worse. When I was in the hospital, i had 110 channels of pay TV as part of my stay (for free they said....) and still had nothing to watch, so I tried that. I watched the Golf channel instead (more entertaining).

As nauseating as it is, I'm hoping Majide does air again soon. At least that has comic relief in it, and the idea of 8 people in a giant pair of pants is amusing.

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
I totally should have gone with, "TV? Huh? Can I eat it?" just because no one else did. Oh, well.

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

I totally should have gone with, "TV? Huh? Can I eat it?" just because no one else did. Oh, well.

Skulls, for you and anyone else who doesn't recognize that reference (kinda obscure) it was in the Orcish War Manual as printed for GAZ9 "Orcs of Thar". It was what Trolls would say when confronted with the following of faith or anything that didn't require barbacue over hot lava rocks.

I just enjoy using that expression "(insert topic here) Huh? Can I eat it?"

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
LOL That would explain it, then. :P

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

LOL That would explain it, then. :P

Like this... "Shattered Skulls? Huh? ... Can I eat it?" (hmm...not that I'd want to. Leave that to people like Sanctuary that have the stomach for it).

----------

But speaking of TV watchableness... yet another reason I want to shut the TV off. Superstars. Athletes and actors/models/etc doing their version of Wipeout or some junk. At least Wipeout has class. And Majide is fun cause it's got crazy-assed Japanese people doing what they do best... making fun of Americans.

I'm waiting for the guys behind CSI to come up with things like CSI:Boise or something like that just because they can. At least I have my PS2.

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts
This post ..? Huh?? Can I eat it?

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
we have *a* tv, but no antenna, cable, satellite or other outside hook up. It had a dvd player attatched, and we rarely use it either. There are a few shows we like to follow from time to time, and we can catch those online at hulu.com for free. We're usually weeks behind when we even think about watching something again.
just give me a minute, i'm thinking...

Posted Image

solitary scott

solitary scott

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts
I have not watched tv (or listened to local radio) in years, there is nothing on either that appeals to me :(

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

I have not watched tv (or listened to local radio) in years, there is nothing on either that appeals to me :(

And normally I agree with nothing appealing, but the CSI's are fun...and of course it is Football Time in America so I'm glued until the Super Bowl.

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users