Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumours...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Dexter in training.
Okay, so I received an email today containing people(s) speculations about a subject and a crap load of rumour mill material and I found myself wondering if it was true. Even though some of it was ludicist at best. (I think.) So I shared the information with someone(s) who may have been able to say true or false. Afterwards I was thinking. What the hell? Who cares? Why did I care?

I had to stop and question my own reaction to it. Though parts were actually amusing.

What is our fascination with rumours? Why do we feel the need to ask questions about them or repeat them?

Is there ever anything positive that comes from rumours?
Posted Image

Sometimes it's in the darkness that we truly learn to see.

I'm Dexter in training - so watch it! Imma watchin' you!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Okay, so I received an email today containing people(s) speculations about a subject and a crap load of rumour mill material and I found myself wondering if it was true. Even though some of it was ludicist at best. (I think.) So I shared the information with someone(s) who may have been able to say true or false. Afterwards I was thinking. What the hell? Who cares? Why did I care?

I had to stop and question my own reaction to it. Though parts were actually amusing.

What is our fascination with rumours? Why do we feel the need to ask questions about them or repeat them?

Is there ever anything positive that comes from rumours?

The fascination with rumors is like having a piece of a puzzle and believing you know what the connector piece is and nobody else does. Or maybe it gives you some sense of self-worth. I think it's just because people don't have enough interest in their own lives and it gives them a reason to live vicariously through another. That's why shows like "Extra" and those trash rags like "Enquirer" are so big. It allows people with no esteem in themselves and those who feel no value in their own lives a reason to live.

The need to ask questions about them and repeat them is similar. The majority of humanity is social in nature (or so I've been told....) and the repeating of it gives someone a crowd of their peers. Safety in numbers in an otherwise cruel world (....grins evilly....)

Probably why I don't like to follow many rumors myself. They have no value to me other than the modicum of entertainment they may provide. Of course certain topics glean more interest to me than others and I've found myself following a rumor about someone axe-murdering their garden in the name of some obscure deity.

It's a void-filler, a time-killer, and a reason to make contact with other people if for no other reason than to perpetuate the concept that you truly aren't alone in that crowd of people who really don't care about you otherwise.

I'll take an example of a popular rumor. Michael Jackson's death. Some say it was an accident. Others say it was a poisoning or an assisted suicide. One I've heard that it was a pact he made to find the truth about space monkeys. I really don't care. I actually kinda hope he got poisoned intentionally. Bastard kind of deserves it. But otherwise it has no bearing on my life so I stopped paying attention after the initial report of his death.
But those interested in rumors have already turned this into a heated debate to rival global warming and the color of Al Gore's penile implant (which by the way is a dusty beige color).

The end result is how much you let it take over your thought processes. If you view it purely from an entertainment standpoint then set it down and resume your life. If you use it for information purposes than maybe you're trying to find truth in empty words. And if you're using it to make yourself feel better compared to yesterday, take out a long silver knife and jab yourself in the temples until you don't think about it anymore.

style1,Starphoenix.png

http://www.aardwolf.com

I'm a good cook, really!

Gabriel

Gabriel

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Anything that makes my body move to the sound of the music. It makes my wings spread out so i can fly. I'd rather fly in doors.

Burn is the name and magic is my game, I'm a summoner of many things but angels; they don't like what I'm doing.

My name, i really do like my REM name only because Caz (that's what the beginning of his name sounds like) named me out of spite for his brother because the Arc Gabriel, no matter how much he curses the human race and kills us off one by one, he is still accepted by God as his Death Angel.

.....Is there ever anything positive that comes from rumours?

Yes, the only positive thing that comes out of rumors is that they're not true 100% of the time.
mew

Edited by Gabriel, 05 July 2009 - 06:44 PM.

"Time comes when the the cold sets in and puts Gods work into a deep Coma like slumber, this my friends is called death and it could never be oh so beautiful this time of the year."

Tomorrow is another day to find out if your going to die or not, better get to work
before Dark angel of death comes back for more than just his redemption's.

Final thought for the day:

Did you know that President Obama signed his stimulus package at the same desk where President Clinton got his package stimulated?

~ Azriel's daughter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users