Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

It's your community... time to vote on a feature.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Invision's "Reputation" meter. (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the "Reputation Meter" left on or removed?

1. Leave the reputation rating turned on. (18 votes [51.43%])

Percentage of vote: 51.43%

2. Turn off the reputation rating system. (17 votes [48.57%])

Percentage of vote: 48.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Dexter in training.
Invision 3.0.0 has a number of new features. One of them allow for the users to "vote" up a user based on posts. We can turn it off or leave it on.

Regardless of mine or Atnevon's personal opinion on this feature we want to put it up for a vote. This is YOUR community after all so it's not a choice we want to make for you.

While we both agree that it's a cool new feature, there are some things we would like you to consider before placing your vote. (We're not trying to influence anyone one way or another - it's entirely up to all of you.)

This place has never been about popularity or the like. It's been a place where pretty much all are welcome. (There are some exceptions naturally. ;-) ) It's a place where you are welcome to contribute or not. You can come back years later and we'll still greet you as if you never left. Everyone here. Belongs here. We take all kinds, we don't hold grudges here, and past mistakes are exactly that. Past. Everyone is welcome back whether they are gone a day, a week, a month or years.

We may not like what people post sometimes, we may disagree - but the right is there for them to express themselves. We will always, at the very least, make the effort to leave post intact as they are. (There again will always be the exception as we have the rights of the majority to consider while at the same time the rights of the individual.) It can be a difficult path to keep balanced sometimes but we will always make the effort to do so.

What we truly don't want to see is anyone feeling slighted if they don't get votes, or if someone gets more etc. This forum is not a contest. We're all just people. (Well most of us anyway.) ;) The feature bothers us a little from the standpoint of it being turned into a popularity thing.

Again though, our thoughts on it aside, this is your community. This is your decision.

Feel free to discuss this before voting as well. There is no rush on this.
Posted Image

Sometimes it's in the darkness that we truly learn to see.

I'm Dexter in training - so watch it! Imma watchin' you!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Invision 3.0.0 has a number of new features. One of them allow for the users to "vote" up a user based on posts. We can turn it off or leave it on.

Regardless of mine or Atnevon's personal opinion on this feature we want to put it up for a vote. This is YOUR community after all so it's not a choice we want to make for you.

While we both agree that it's a cool new feature, there are some things we would like you to consider before placing your vote. (We're not trying to influence anyone one way or another - it's entirely up to all of you.)

This place has never been about popularity or the like. It's been a place where pretty much all are welcome. (There are some exceptions naturally. ;-) ) It's a place where you are welcome to contribute or not. You can come back years later and we'll still greet you as if you never left. Everyone here. Belongs here. We take all kinds, we don't hold grudges here, and past mistakes are exactly that. Past. Everyone is welcome back whether they are gone a day, a week, a month or years.

We may not like what people post sometimes, we may disagree - but the right is there for them to express themselves. We will always, at the very least, make the effort to leave post intact as they are. (There again will always be the exception as we have the rights of the majority to consider while at the same time the rights of the individual.) It can be a difficult path to keep balanced sometimes but we will always make the effort to do so.

What we truly don't want to see is anyone feeling slighted if they don't get votes, or if someone gets more etc. This forum is not a contest. We're all just people. (Well most of us anyway.) ;) The feature bothers us a little from the standpoint of it being turned into a popularity thing.

Again though, our thoughts on it aside, this is your community. This is your decision.

Hehehe....I wonder who SHE'S talking about .... *grin* :P

style1,Starphoenix.png

http://www.aardwolf.com

I'm a good cook, really!

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Hehehe....I wonder who SHE'S talking about .... *grin* :P

LOL

You rebel you! ;)

Edit to add:

I'm so getting voted off the island. <_<
Posted Image

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

LOL

You rebel you! ;)

Edit to add:

I'm so getting voted off the island. <_<

Nah. We'll just run you through the ten trials of tribulation first. That was the vote :D

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Nah. We'll just run you through the ten trials of tribulation first. That was the vote :D

Utttt ohhh I think I is in trouble now. MEEP!
Posted Image

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

Utttt ohhh I think I is in trouble now. MEEP!

**Looks at Sanctuary with a completely blank expression for a moment....

then bursts out with a maniacal cackling that freezes your blood in your veins**

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

Enki Anunaki

Enki Anunaki

Necromancer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Yum! Toasty souls of the damned!

I voted to leave it. Before I had even completely scanned your post, let alone the posts of others. The reputation meter isn't really about popularity here. Through it we may, in a manner of speaking, determine who our community "elders" are. Our influential people.

On another note, after completely reading your thread SanctuaryRTBH, I am of the opinion that Atnevon and you should consider running for government positions a little later on in life. The world could use more influential people with those basic premises of political philosophy. :)

Edited by Enki Anunaki, 14 July 2009 - 12:57 PM.

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts

On another note, after completely reading your thread SanctuaryRTBH, I am of the opinion that Atnevon and you should consider running for government positions a little later on in life. The world could use more influential people with those basic premises of political philosophy. :)

Well.... we are planning world takeover once all of the evil fates of probability that prevent us from winning the lotto are defeated and slain in a very gory fashion. I'm not certain just how good we'll be at politics though.

You may find that we are somewhat without mercy to certain groups of people and sentence them instantly to pits of fire...

Hey, they upset Mr. Bigglesworth... it's a requirement.
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

Well.... we are planning world takeover once all of the evil fates of probability that prevent us from winning the lotto are defeated and slain in a very gory fashion. I'm not certain just how good we'll be at politics though.

You may find that we are somewhat without mercy to certain groups of people and sentence them instantly to pits of fire...

Mr. Bigglesworth was my fault...you know me and skin-kitties. I wanted to see what would happen if I shaved him again.

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Me personally, I like S.S just the way it is, which is why I keep coming here. Even when I don't really have the means to do so, as in the past. I really don't want to see this place become MySpace, or something like it. This place is cool, It feels like home. Thanks.

Me too. Invision is I think aiming to be more like a facebook/myspace. It's a little strange in many ways. Remember though it's the people here that will always make the community - regardless of Invisions evil plans!! B)

It is your home. :D

I voted to leave it. Before I had even completely scanned your post, let alone the posts of others. The reputation meter isn't really about popularity here. Through it we may, in a manner of speaking, determine who our community "elders" are. Our influential people.

True on the elders. :vampire: vs :wolfwink: or Ninja vs Pirate. ;)

Influential? Us? :wub: *blushes* :kiss:

Thank you for the very nice compliment.

Well.... we are planning world takeover once all of the evil fates of probability that prevent us from winning the lotto are defeated and slain in a very gory fashion.

I am still working on tracking those pesky fates down and destroying them.

Harder than it sounds.

I wanted to see what would happen if I shaved him again.

Baddddddddddddd thingssssssssssssssssss.
Posted Image

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

I am still working on tracking those pesky fates down and destroying them.

Harder than it sounds

Well, the evil fates of probability are now owned 45% by me...I'm working on the other 6% so I can have majority control.
There just aren't enough small fuzzies in the world to sacrifice...maybe I need bigger things? :wizard:

But one of the fates is my bitch now. We'll call her Nancy for now...maybe I'll change her name to Betty later.

Either way....it's being worked on. And your lotto numbers will epic fail until then...the last 6% is a real bender.

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

Gabriel

Gabriel

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Anything that makes my body move to the sound of the music. It makes my wings spread out so i can fly. I'd rather fly in doors.

Burn is the name and magic is my game, I'm a summoner of many things but angels; they don't like what I'm doing.

My name, i really do like my REM name only because Caz (that's what the beginning of his name sounds like) named me out of spite for his brother because the Arc Gabriel, no matter how much he curses the human race and kills us off one by one, he is still accepted by God as his Death Angel.
The thing says 50 / 50..... <_<

So....what's the final thought set on doing with this poll besides dancing on it? :dancingbunny:

Is any one wearing a Latex suit for Halloween or am I alone on this one? :clap:

Gab

"Time comes when the the cold sets in and puts Gods work into a deep Coma like slumber, this my friends is called death and it could never be oh so beautiful this time of the year."

Tomorrow is another day to find out if your going to die or not, better get to work
before Dark angel of death comes back for more than just his redemption's.

Final thought for the day:

Did you know that President Obama signed his stimulus package at the same desk where President Clinton got his package stimulated?

~ Azriel's daughter

Sanctuary

Sanctuary

The Last Exile

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Well, the evil fates of probability are now owned 45% by me...I'm working on the other 6% so I can have majority control.
There just aren't enough small fuzzies in the world to sacrifice...maybe I need bigger things? :wizard:

But one of the fates is my bitch now. We'll call her Nancy for now...maybe I'll change her name to Betty later.

Either way....it's being worked on. And your lotto numbers will epic fail until then...the last 6% is a real bender.

Trust me the Fates will totally pawn you. Give up now lol.

The thing says 50 / 50..... <_<

So....what's the final thought set on doing with this poll besides dancing on it? :dancingbunny:

Is any one wearing a Latex suit for Halloween or am I alone on this one? :clap:

Gab

Oh boysss. Oh boys oh boyss. Well it's an even match so I'd like to give it more time, but I'm thinking we'll be leaving the feature in as the ones that have wanted to keep it have been the most vocal about it - here and in email. We can always remove it later if it makes the majority of the members unhappy at any point in time. After all - what's important is that people are happy and having fun.

I didn't get dressed up this year - but - I did have to deal with a wolf sniffing and breathing in my ear in the pitch black. That freaked me out. I think it must have been in a good mood as I'm still here.

I bet you looked great in the latex though!

We;re a little behind finishing the testing for the update to the forum due to another project - but It's nearly ready to go.
Posted Image

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

• Members
  • 442 posts

Trust me the Fates will totally pawn you. Give up now lol.

They shall fears me, yessss my precious. Fear me they will!!!
PH34R /\/\Y /\/\4D /\/1/\/J4 F4+3 D3S+R0Y1/\/G 5K!LL5!!!!111!!!!

Umm....yeah. I'm up to 46% now.

style1,Starphoenix.png

I'm a good cook, really!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users