Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

C0MPUT3R G33KZ0RZ

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

An Ichor Kiss

An Ichor Kiss

it's just a kiss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I don't consider myself a Computer Geek, because the sterotype of a computer geek is simply a wannabe hacker...Or going on and blabing about some Hax0r bull shit. Yes I am very good with computers, It takes me only five minutes to learn a website design system and I can make fairly decent websites if I want to. I can figure out how to alter my computer, And I know just about every thing there is to know about mine. I can install hardware easily without instructions, Shift a secondary drive from Master to Slave and hooking up the proper wires. If I wasn't such a procrastinator I'd have a Modded case.

Both my brother and his Girlfriend( who lives with us.) are A+ certifiyed. I read and understand HTML easily, just cant write it too well. I've mastered Adobe Photoshop and Ulead Gif Animator, most current versions. Yeah I could easily email or call some well know hackers. I Indeed know how to type in |337, but find it a pain in ass, people type in |337 to seem cool now, people have lost sight of its true meaning and use it improporly.

Im no Computer Geek, Im no Hacker, Cracker, Phreaker, and certainly not a fucking Script Kitty. Im just computer literate. I desire not to be any of them or be labeled as any of them, most have lost sight of The Mentor's visions and guidance.

Do a google search for " The Hacker's Manifesto ", you'll find it.

Damn Kids.

Whee, No wonder I am Ranting..Its 4 AM.

What is left when honor is lost?
- Publilius Syrus ( ~ 100 B.C. )

ZinFeir

ZinFeir

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

she has pills for EVERYTHING, if she came and looked at this, she'd tell you...lol
:P Whizzy Loves you All...But not ZinFier as much :lol:

I feel so hated /).(\

CaptSpaNK

CaptSpaNK

THE Matrix

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Music and business, good when mixxxed.
I think An ichor Kiss is in denial. I am a Ub3r g33k.

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife and 2 daughters. Industrial, metal and goth music. Hockey and football.
I'm a big geek when it comes to warez and crap like that and I've been known to dabble with hardware stuff, but other than that, not much.

Epimetheus

Epimetheus

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Activist. Philosophy freak. Huge computer freak (ie, GNU/linux internals and such). Art freak.
computers are tools, everyone wants different uses out of them.
but it doesn't really matter, what suits you perfectly fine would probably be cumbersome to me, and visa versa.

windows can't handle what i want it to do, so i don't use it.
Linux is getting to be pretty friendly though, but most people don't need to use or understand it's advanced features.

ie, i perfer the command line to get a lot of my work done, why? becasue it's faster and has more functionality then a gui. Of course that's for remote access, string manipulation, compiling, pipeing programs and such. a gui would just get in the way and cluter the screen.

A lot of those things you have to do is for your benifit, to make the system fit your needs, rather then letting windows choose everything for you.

but, again, this is absurd, it doesn't really matter

:blink:

Epimetheus

Epimetheus

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Activist. Philosophy freak. Huge computer freak (ie, GNU/linux internals and such). Art freak.
really? those are always too expensive <_<

Vore

Vore

Lord Ego

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:All things the body and mind can encompass whilst holding a bottle of Absinth..<br>
I am an artillect designated with a functioning physical host, I was in a group called The Syndicate one of the most powerful hacking groups ever.. bettered only by two others who need not remain nameless because if you have mixed in the hacker world you will know of them so i need not bother, they have big egos but we were hidden even from FBI monitors.

These days however I mostly just carve carrots into amusing shapes and talk about the olden days..

Given up Hacking 3 years and counting..
Please allow me to introduce myself...I'm a man of wealth and taste:Sympathy for the Devil

'Illa fuga rupes, et loca tuta petit.'

http://vore.deviantart.com/

OmegaDDR

OmegaDDR

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 76 posts
You're sad, Vore...Why give up Hacking?? Hacking is fun, and it's what produces new hardware and software. Honestly, if no one cracked, overclocked, or improved their game's graphics, would the software/hardware manufacturers EVER make bigger and better shit to compete with the cracks and speed overclocking tips that "hackers" had recently released? I think not! If we hackers didn't exist, nothing would EVER get done, and Microsoft would STILL be looked upon as a good, wholesome company with good, helpful products and wholesome employees... *snickers* :P And if hackers weren't around, Valve wouldn't be pushing back the HL2 release date...Oh wait, that was a load of bullshit, it's coming out as planned...Which means we do NOTHING bad :P :P :P Like someone on here said, look up the Hacker's Manifesto by Mentor, we explore, and you call us criminals :( anyways, p34c3 0u7, 1337 0n35 :lol:

An Ichor Kiss

An Ichor Kiss

it's just a kiss

• Members
  • 210 posts
Overclocking and altering one's computer is NOT Hacking or anyform of a Hacker's hobby. Overclocking and altering is a Modder's game. There are -some people- that talk about Hacking like they know what they're talking about, when they don't. If you think Hacking is all about making a computer faster to play video games then your just a geek who wants to be a Hacker. Most " Hackers " Don't know anything about the Hacking world, what it is to be a Hacker.

As for Hacker groups, or, Im gonna just say Script Kitty Litters. Thats a real crock. Forming a Hacker group does a few things, Makes you a bigger target, makes you easier to find, makes you easier to catch.

Just because you know how to Mod a computer, or know how to play around on your computer, does not make you a Hacker. So far on this thread I have seen a few people that MIGHT be Hackers, maybe, but I wont name names. But if you think that I am talking about you, then your probably not the one I am talking about.

Damn Kids.

Vore

Vore

Lord Ego

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:All things the body and mind can encompass whilst holding a bottle of Absinth..<br>
Hacking was an ego trip...it was about power and control when at the time I had no tangible control over my life.

I pissed off a lot of people and scared a lot more who never realised that their keyboard was capable of typing stuff without them pressing keys...there were good times oh yes...the real bad stuff is the stuff I thought was impersonal like ruining a corporations security..oh and having someone reverse a hack on you that's shit scary..
Please allow me to introduce myself...I'm a man of wealth and taste:Sympathy for the Devil

'Illa fuga rupes, et loca tuta petit.'

http://vore.deviantart.com/

OmegaDDR

OmegaDDR

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 76 posts
Wow, Ichor, way to be a dick..I was making a point, not acting as though that's what hacking is about.... Christ :(

Epimetheus

Epimetheus

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 29 posts
hacking is relative.
For instance, when i think of it, i think of stallman and various others, and just the enjoyment you have when you circumvent a problem or just, finish a good hack.
It's when you stare at something for hours wondering how it works, and you figure it out step by step, vore- it is the power, and that's pure joy for me. However, people destroyed that, and now it's just another buzz word, another lost crusade :(

So, now, when i have the time i study and learn, not carring about that damn word.

But do we have to talk about this? <_< I like this place because it's a place to go when i'm _not_ thinking about that, lol.

bleck, i think too much.

An Ichor Kiss

An Ichor Kiss

it's just a kiss

• Members
  • 210 posts
Vore, diffrent people had diffrent reasons, power, freedom, rights. Its all the same by product. But what Hacker are, were rather. About was freedom of knowledge, reaching out and breaking through what ever means nessicery to find the information, not for the fact we want it, for that to stand up and say they were not gonna take this bullshit, we have a right to know, they depend on us, infromation is free to anyone, and no one can limit it.

OmegaDDR, you can't make a point when you know jack shit on the subject, other then stories and what you heard from people claiming to be hackers. If you really think I am a dick, thats just beautiful, I will cry and change my ways. I just may drown in my own sarcasm.

Epimetheus, very well put; And by the way, welcome to the board.

Epimetheus

Epimetheus

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 29 posts
thank you

PSYKO

PSYKO

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 95 posts
Personally, I dont claim to be anything but what I am; a computer enthusiast. I currently own 3 PCs (a w2k box, an old p3 running EvilEntity Linux, and a p3 running redhat acting as a file server) I built all these PCs from surplus parts, and I work as a network admin for the US Air Force. I've always been facinated by various gadgets, including PDAs and laptops, and I'm learning new things every day...umm, yeah I'm a loser...
Its only kinky the first time....

People are stupid. We should throw rocks at them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users